Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver

Expedia for TD - price check

Hi,

Would anyone do me a favour and do a price check for a specific travel on the Expedia-for-TD web site, please?

I have applied for the First Class Travel card yesterday. Now I see a good deal on Expedia.ca web site and am curious whether Expedia-for-TD offers the same deal for the same (or similar) price - if they do, I'll wait to get the card and 4.5% reward point return; if not, will just purchase from Expedia.ca directly.

Please respond and I'll PM you details - your help will be much appreciated!
11 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9333 upvotes
where I belong
Usually it's the same, you should probably post details instead, much quicker. don't think anyone can abuse those details?

only differences I find thus far, is that ExpediaForTD doesn't have the Hotwire Express deals, where you buy "unknown" hotel without bidding
It's available on Hotwire, or Expedia.ca
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Mar 16, 2013
55 posts
19 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I have the First Class Infinite card as well, and generally, I have found no difference between "Expedia for TD" vs. regular Expedia prices. The problem is that I have not found it very difficult in the past to find a better price outside of Expedia, thus negating the points you get via booking through "Expedia for TD". For instance, I've found better pricing on hotels often just by going to the hotel itself, or on airline-specific websites if that airline is offering a discount code. Often, you can overcome this by booking the hotel and flight together on Expedia, which in my experience has been a fairly reliable benefit of booking through them in terms of pricing.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9837 upvotes
Toronto
DealMaker1 wrote: Hi,

Would anyone do me a favour and do a price check for a specific travel on the Expedia-for-TD web site, please?

I have applied for the First Class Travel card yesterday. Now I see a good deal on Expedia.ca web site and am curious whether Expedia-for-TD offers the same deal for the same (or similar) price - if they do, I'll wait to get the card and 4.5% reward point return; if not, will just purchase from Expedia.ca directly.

Please respond and I'll PM you details - your help will be much appreciated!
Expedia for td = expedia. Everything is the same.

You can even go as far as simply adding a fortd in an expedia.com link. Just make sure you've already signed in first.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Aug 30, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Cool, thanks for these comments! The reason I thought the two may be different is because I was reading some anecdotes on RFD saying that Expedia For TD was missing some items sold on the main Expedia.

The deal I'm interested in is the 7-day package Vancouver - Riveira Nayarit (Nuevo Vallarta), Mexico, May 31 - June 7, 2013, staying at Riu Palace Pacifico for $1,175 after taxes / per person (based on two-people occupancy). I see this exactly same price on Sunwing.ca (primary seller of the package) and Signature.ca (Sungwing's reseller), so I don't expect to find further discounts, though if you have ideas, please do share :-)
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2033 posts
334 upvotes
DealMaker1 wrote: Cool, thanks for these comments! The reason I thought the two may be different is because I was reading some anecdotes on RFD saying that Expedia For TD was missing some items sold on the main Expedia.

The deal I'm interested in is the 7-day package Vancouver - Riveira Nayarit (Nuevo Vallarta), Mexico, May 31 - June 7, 2013, staying at Riu Palace Pacifico for $1,175 after taxes / per person (based on two-people occupancy). I see this exactly same price on Sunwing.ca (primary seller of the package) and Signature.ca (Sungwing's reseller), so I don't expect to find further discounts, though if you have ideas, please do share :-)
So TD Expedia has the same rate as the official seller of the package and you are displeased with that? On another note, if you do find a cheaper rate, you can call them to match and still get your bonus points. Not to mention the points can be used for anything, including trains, ferries etc. To me, its the best card on the market, although I hate to start that debate, I am pretty sure Cap1 and Avion crowd will arrive soon.
Aug 30, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Deal Grabber wrote: So TD Expedia has the same rate as the official seller of the package and you are displeased with that?
I'm not sure why you say that - I never expressed displeasance, especially since I do not know what rate TD Expedia offers. My second post simply stated that the official seller and Expedia are providing the same quote, and that was in response to stmark's suggestion to see if the official provider may have a better price than Expedia.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
8092 posts
349 upvotes
Deal Grabber wrote: So TD Expedia has the same rate as the official seller of the package and you are displeased with that? On another note, if you do find a cheaper rate, you can call them to match and still get your bonus points. Not to mention the points can be used for anything, including trains, ferries etc. To me, its the best card on the market, although I hate to start that debate, I am pretty sure Cap1 and Avion crowd will arrive soon.
Weird...called in once and they said they don't price match.
Yymv I guess.
Dec 27, 2002
526 posts
108 upvotes
Mississauga
I just checked your exact package and it is in fact $1175 per person. It references Signature.ca, so I assume the final price will be the same.
Sep 17, 2009
243 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
stmarks wrote: I have the First Class Infinite card as well, and generally, I have found no difference between "Expedia for TD" vs. regular Expedia prices. The problem is that I have not found it very difficult in the past to find a better price outside of Expedia, thus negating the points you get via booking through "Expedia for TD". For instance, I've found better pricing on hotels often just by going to the hotel itself, or on airline-specific websites if that airline is offering a discount code. Often, you can overcome this by booking the hotel and flight together on Expedia, which in my experience has been a fairly reliable benefit of booking through them in terms of pricing.
I have used very often TD card last year (I got bonus close to $1,000 :) ) and here is my expierence. The card is good ONLY for business travel and very rare for private use due to you can find better deals if you check some other sites. In general, you get 45 $ per 1,000$. Very important: in example, you buy ticket using TD card and you want change it, you cannot do it through airline website due to ticket 'belongs' to Expedia. In other words, you have to call Expedia and try to deal with them - they have very limited option. It is similar if you buy vacation package using 'hotels.com'. I was in situation to return car day early and I got many problems due to Hertz in my case cannot refund etc ...

In general, if you have all travel arrangements, it is good card .In meanwhile, I am using Amex Travel card (2% return) along with Delta AirMiles (from MBNA).

it is my $ 0.02 :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
sienna owner wrote: Weird...called in once and they said they don't price match.
Yymv I guess.
Slight difference in interpretation. They don't price match, but if you call in and tell them the specific flight/price or other option you found elsewhere that's not coming up on their web site, they will attempt to book it for you through Expedia for TD. I've had to do that a few times where I found a better option on Travelocity or an airline site.
Aug 30, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
HappyDaze wrote: I just checked your exact package and it is in fact $1175 per person. It references Signature.ca, so I assume the final price will be the same.
Brilliant, thanks a lot for checking!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)