Experience with MyMallBox

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 11:07 am
[OP]
Oct 11, 2007
336 posts
32 upvotes

Experience with MyMallBox

Has anyone recently used MyMallBox to forward packages to Canada?
What value is the package declared at on the parcel paperwork? Can you specify the declared value?
20 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1240 posts
452 upvotes
London
they are ok. but getting a hold of there c/s can be a pain in the butt. u can put whatever value u want for customs. also if u send them a bunch of packages and request them to put them into 1 package its good to contact c/s and request they use a box or they might use a crappy bubble mailer.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1077 posts
187 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
I need to use their "Buy for me" service but it's currently unavailable and they don't know when and if it will be available again. Bummer...
[OP]
Oct 11, 2007
336 posts
32 upvotes
I see they offer DHL shipping for quite a lot cheaper than USPS (maybe due to package size i am planning).
Is DHL charging brokerage on anything, or only on things worth over 20CAD?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1240 posts
452 upvotes
London
i never use dhl just usps air
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1480 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
under $20 cad , no charge by dhl
Nov 16, 2012
552 posts
150 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Any update from these guys? They sent out a Black Friday coupon today in an email. First email I've received in a while.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2235 posts
1168 upvotes
Parksville, BC
They are always there for me. Sometimes I forget to put the suite # on the mailing address but they just use my name and it shows up. Also got the coupon today which comes in just in time for my Moto E4 phones which also arrived there today. They may be a little slow sometimes processing and repackaging, especially late Nov/early Dec.

To get US$5 off your shipping enter BFriday5 in the promotions code section under account settings. Note that this credit must be entered by Thursday 23rd @ 11:30EST.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1240 posts
452 upvotes
London
infamousdealer wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 4:43 pm
Any update from these guys? They sent out a Black Friday coupon today in an email. First email I've received in a while.
i've had tons of packages sent to them and reshipped and so far only 1 package went missing in there warehouse took a bit of back and forth with them and got a full refund for the item by paypal and was able to re order it. the shipments come pretty quick to i use the cheapest air mail option and stuff comes in 2 weeks.

there customer can be slow to respond sometimes though so keep that in mind. also dont bother trying to message them though facebook or twitter u wont get no help there.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1240 posts
452 upvotes
London
flopticalcube wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 5:08 pm
They are always there for me. Sometimes I forget to put the suite # on the mailing address but they just use my name and it shows up. Also got the coupon today which comes in just in time for my Moto E4 phones which also arrived there today. They may be a little slow sometimes processing and repackaging, especially late Nov/early Dec.

To get US$5 off your shipping enter BFriday5 in the promotions code section under account settings. Note that this credit must be entered by Thursday 23rd @ 11:30EST.
cool thanks for posting that code. were did u get that from i do see anything about it online anywhere.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2235 posts
1168 upvotes
Parksville, BC
aaron158 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 6:08 pm
cool thanks for posting that code. were did u get that from i do see anything about it online anywhere.
It was emailed to me. Should work for anyone with an account, I think.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1240 posts
452 upvotes
London
flopticalcube wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 7:26 pm
It was emailed to me. Should work for anyone with an account, I think.
it did indeed work thanks. was it emailed though like a newsletter or something? if so what email address did they send it from maybe i need to add there email to safe senders cuz i never get no freebies like that lol
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2235 posts
1168 upvotes
Parksville, BC
aaron158 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 7:32 pm
it did indeed work thanks. was it emailed though like a newsletter or something? if so what email address did they send it from maybe i need to add there email to safe senders cuz i never get no freebies like that lol
came from info@mymallbox.com
Nov 16, 2012
552 posts
150 upvotes
VANCOUVER
aaron158 wrote:
Nov 20th, 2017 5:58 pm
i've had tons of packages sent to them and reshipped and so far only 1 package went missing in there warehouse took a bit of back and forth with them and got a full refund for the item by paypal and was able to re order it. the shipments come pretty quick to i use the cheapest air mail option and stuff comes in 2 weeks.

there customer can be slow to respond sometimes though so keep that in mind. also dont bother trying to message them though facebook or twitter u wont get no help there.
Great! Good to know, thanks :)
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2235 posts
1168 upvotes
Parksville, BC
FYI on their current service level. My parcel arrived yesterday morning at around 1:00PM (my time) but wasn't posted into my "suite" (i.e. assigned to me and available for further processing) until 3:00AM this morning. I have asked them to repack the item (free of charge service) into a smaller box/bag to lower the shipping cost. That will probably take another 12-24 hours.

EDIT: Just received this -
In observance of Thanksgiving Day, myMallbox will be closed on Thursday, November 23, 2017.

Business will resume as usual on Friday, November 24.

What Does this mean for you?
All shipping requests received before 12:00 Noon (Eastern Time) on Wednesday, November 22 will ship before the holiday.

Shipping requests received after 12:00 Noon on Wednesday will ship after the holiday on Friday, November 24.

Please also allow an extra day for us to receive any incoming packages as well as process repacks/consolidations. We thank you for your patience!