• Feb 11th, 2013 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Dec 21, 2012
56 posts
4 upvotes

Experience with primont home builder , your views and experience

HI
I am planning to buy a house from primont home builders in mount pleasant village in Brampton.
Just wanted to know if any of rfd's has any experience about this builder please share your views.
Thanks
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
Alright, my info is a bit old, but it is firsthand nonetheless.

I personally looked into purchasing one of their homes at Leslie and Elgin Mills a number of years ago and we were not given the time of day by their staff. I hate to say it, but it appeared as though if you weren't of a certain ethnic background, you simply didn't get the attention that those from the ethnic background got. It left a very sour taste and we left and ended up purchasing elsewhere, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

My coworker purchased a townhome from them in the same development (actually, they referred us to the project when they found out we were looking) and they had nothing but problems. The project was so severely delayed, that they made all purchasers sign a document either allowing them to extend closing without paying penalty, or the they could opt to have their deposits returned and they could go elsewhere. This really wasn't much of a choice however as while they were waiting for these homes to be built, the market boomed so they would have been left behind had they chosen to get their deposit back. We moved into our home which was much further behind in construction than the Primont project while my co worker was still owner of a whole in the ground.

I just went and spoke with her and she indicated that once they finally got possession things were a lot better and overall the fit and finish has been reasonable, but the communications and delays really soured her to the point that she would not recommend them to friends and family.

Note that the above experiences occurred many, many years ago and it is altogether possible that they've improved (or gotten worse), but since nobody was offering any info I thought I'd share.
Dec 21, 2012
56 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks, currently looking at some more options too. Will update if i go with them. But the visit to there sales office was good.
The ladies there were ready to answer all our queries.
They offered closing for spring or summer 2014 but were vague about compensation for late closing.
Jul 22, 2012
466 posts
125 upvotes
Maple
All builders are the same. Generally once they have your money good luck to you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)