experience with stubhub.com tickets?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2011 8:07 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 18, 2004
109 posts

experience with stubhub.com tickets?

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing tickets off www.stubhub.com?

I am looking to get some Raptors tickets for an upcoming game at Cleveland.
  • On the Cavs website, the seats I am considering are in Section 329 and they are about $27.50 each.
  • Through stubhub.com, I can see similar seats in Section 330 listed for $12.95 each.
What's the catch?

Thanks a lot!
13 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2126 posts
115 upvotes
Medicine Hat
it's whatever the seller chooses to sell the tickets at, kinda like ebay. i used the service to sell my spice girl tickets at a huge markup, they take a cut of it but its was quick, easy and painless.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12181 posts
5650 upvotes
Ottawa
No real experience with stubhub but I have bought sports tickets off craigslist before. Give it a try.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6948 posts
2695 upvotes
I found ebay much cheaper.
If you use stubhub, try and wait as long as you can, because sellers can set their price to decrease in value as you get closer to the event.
Dec 18, 2004
109 posts
randomdef wrote: it's whatever the seller chooses to sell the tickets at, kinda like ebay. i used the service to sell my spice girl tickets at a huge markup, they take a cut of it but its was quick, easy and painless.
so, in this case - i guess the seller is selling this tickets well below face value... weird.

anyway - i might give it a try.

thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
1047 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone had an issues with selling?

I have tickets for an event that i'm selling, and the price is pretty marked up. Has anyone had any fraud when selling on Stubhub with fraudulent buyers?
~
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13960 posts
93 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
bought from stubhub once, no issues. though it wouldn't be my first choice, as it wasn't really any cheaper.. i was just able to find tickets that were hard to find (i was looking for blue jays home opener tickets a few years back)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough
Sold a few times - pretty much hassle free. They do take about 15% or something for commission, but you will get your money when tickets are sold.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
My boss bought a pair of counterfeit tickets on stubhub. When they scanned the tickets they were flagged as already used. After verifying who the proper owner of those seats was, the arena told him he was SOL and the game was sold out. However Stubhub refunded him his money and compensated him for his troubles...but he still didn't get to see the game he wanted to see.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2008
1441 posts
26 upvotes
Bought tickets off of stubhub when I went to Philadelphia last summer. They were cheaper then any tickets on ebay and had better seats available. Purchased tickets off of 2 different sellers. 1 mailed me the hard tickets and the second one emailed me the tickets and I printed them off. Both worked perfectly and I would go through stubhub again anytime
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3065 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought from Stubhub several times. Very good, very secure. I recommend it.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12181 posts
5650 upvotes
Ottawa
Cas77 wrote: My boss bought a pair of counterfeit tickets on stubhub. When they scanned the tickets they were flagged as already used. After verifying who the proper owner of those seats was, the arena told him he was SOL and the game was sold out. However Stubhub refunded him his money and compensated him for his troubles...but he still didn't get to see the game he wanted to see.
I know you may not be privy to all the details but I don't think this is StubHub's fault at all. You will most likely see the same type of problems if you buy tickets from other avenues i.e. craigslist, kijiji or eBay. Good on StubHub to step up to the plate and do what is right. Granted, your boss did not see the game he wanted but I hope the compensation made up for some of that.

Another website to buy and sell tickets that I just heard on the radio is fanexchange.com. I have no previous experience with this so I don't have any comment. It looks to be only for Canadian teams and venues so far.
Nov 14, 2009
16 posts
Bought tickets to NFL game in Green Bay off stubhub.

No problems.

Quick. Easy.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
used it for the first time a couple weeks ago...bought a ticket to a Penguins/Rangers hockey game at Madison Square Garden as it was actually cheaper (including the fees) than going through the box office...

i was emailed the ticket, printed it off and got in ok...no problems..