9 upvotes
Alberta

***EXPIRED***

Deal Link:
Price:
239.99 USD
Savings:
40%
[[/b][/b]I was trying to find the best price of the GoPro Hero 7 Black, and ran into this website www.sprotcamstore.com which to me looks a bit suspicious for some reasons ( I might be wrong) :
1.I was not able to find this model of GoPro under $520 CDN elsewhere (not even on Boxing Day) THEY ARE SELLING IT AT $239.99 USD ($326.87 CDN )
2. The website looks secure, but it's weird that it only asks to pay through Paypal
3. Everytime you visit the website, it'll show a countdown telling you that there's left less than 5 hours for this deal (it's not true)
4. They're only selling the newest models of GoPro and some accessories, and NO previous models, and no other camera brands (weird for a website carrying a name like SPORT CAM STORE)
5. They say that they're GoPro retail seller, but there's no link to direct you to GoPro official website
6. I've sent them an email asking about products, and never got a reply.

40% off ?! That's amazing, but I'm afraid to buy from this website.

I'd like to hear about your opinion and I'm hoping that someone will prove me wrong ( Please prove me wrong Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes)

Thanks in advance
Last edited by ngadhno2000 on Dec 27th, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
8 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2018
100 posts
281 upvotes
Website has zero reviews.
Phone number is associated with bogus urls. Some that aren't active anymore.
Scam, would avoid.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
Banned
Apr 30, 2017
22 posts
18 upvotes
Its amazing that some people need others to do their homework for them. Just looking at the prices of these items sets off flags for me.
If it seems to good to be true...
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3785 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
jesus christ is this thread for real? obviously its fake.

just look up the domain name. it was literally registered like 2 weeks ago.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2012
30 posts
9 upvotes
Alberta
It's amazing how some of you guys get shocked at someone asking some normal questions.
If you really want to reply in this thread, at least do it in a polite way. NOT every person in this world knows how to check if a website is fake/scam or whatever. AND BY THE WAY, I raised my suspicions and I just wanted to hear from others and to prove if this is fake or maybe NOT. RIGHT?

THANKS AND NOT.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2018
100 posts
281 upvotes
ngadhno2000 wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 10:14 pm
It's amazing how some of you guys get shocked at someone asking some normal questions.
If you really want to reply in this thread, at least do it in a polite way. NOT every person in this world knows how to check if a website is fake/scam or whatever. AND BY THE WAY, I raised my suspicions and I just wanted to hear from others and to prove if this is fake or maybe NOT. RIGHT?

THANKS AND NOT.
This forum is for hot deals, not to validate whether a deal is legit or not. Usually threads that get downvotes are because the OP is unsure of what they are posting and it is reflected here. A simple search of the website with the word 'review' following it should be a good start for you next time.

Good luck getting your camera at a lowered price. You can take caps lock off now.
There are people so damn poor all they have is their money.
[OP]
Sep 24, 2012
30 posts
9 upvotes
Alberta
TimothyLeary wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 10:47 pm
This forum is for hot deals, not to validate whether a deal is legit or not. Usually threads that get downvotes are because the OP is unsure of what they are posting and it is reflected here. A simple search of the website with the word 'review' following it should be a good start for you next time.

Good luck getting your camera at a lowered price. You can take caps lock off now.
Thanks Timothy , I also appreciated your first comment here. I'm just surprised how others aren't able to do the same.
Thanks for explaining.