• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 9:03 pm
Dec 23, 2001
583 posts
16 upvotes
North Bay, ON
KMKM wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 11:25 am
The link in your post takes you to their regular 1st page with no mention of the deal, did they remove it even though it expires September 7? I believe it showed up a couple weeks ago.
Wondering the same myself. Did they swap it out for the 2.8% / 6 mo promo? Only seeing this now, wouldn't mind getting in on it.
Heat: 159-0-0
Apr 19, 2016
8 posts
1 upvote
I phoned them and the CS said it expired August 31st. Dang:(
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
331 upvotes
matalino wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:09 pm
I phoned them and the CS said it expired August 31st. Dang:(
That's funny because the CS rep I spoke to today confirmed it closes September 7. Invincible, call them and see if you can still do it.
Dec 23, 2001
583 posts
16 upvotes
North Bay, ON
KMKM wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:36 pm
That's funny because the CS rep I spoke to today confirmed it closes September 7. Invincible, call them and see if you can still do it.
So I did call. Rep told me "I think you're right" when I mentioned the terms indicating September 7th but he dug up an email saying end of day September 2nd. He suggested I go to a branch (there are none near me) so no go - I missed it.
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7372 posts
3401 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
New members get 2.8% for six months.

DUCA's 3.25%/3 months promo is better IMO, and into December we'll see who's next in line to offer the better promo interest for HISA.

Anyone who parked the $1k in Meridian should move it to DUCA once we get our $100 deposit.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
Invincible wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:58 pm
So I did call. Rep told me "I think you're right" when I mentioned the terms indicating September 7th but he dug up an email saying end of day September 2nd. He suggested I go to a branch (there are none near me) so no go - I missed it.
Seems like some poor communication. It is in writing. I would go by that and not some hearsay. I'm surprised that they would end an offer on a non business day.

https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... -offer.pdf
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
1392 posts
596 upvotes
GTA
Invincible wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:58 pm
He suggested I go to a branch (there are none near me) so no go - I missed it.
Please keep in mind that the fine print at least requires the account to be open online and not in a branch.
Dec 23, 2001
583 posts
16 upvotes
North Bay, ON
batcave wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:35 am
Seems like some poor communication. It is in writing. I would go by that and not some hearsay. I'm surprised that they would end an offer on a non business day.

I was surprised too - I actually commented on that. I was ready to let this go until I saw this this morning:

Clearly they had scheduled their ad campaign to go until the 7th. I feel like mashing that ad button all day long lol.
martydxb wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 6:03 am
Please keep in mind that the fine print at least requires the account to be open online and not in a branch.
Good point. I think it was just a "see what they can do for your - it's out of my control" suggestion. The landing page is gone - not much they can do about it.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
Invincible wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:30 am
I was surprised too - I actually commented on that. I was ready to let this go until I saw this this morning:

Clearly they had scheduled their ad campaign to go until the 7th. I feel like mashing that ad button all day long lol.
Open it, make the deposit and then wait for your $100 to appear. Winking Face

If it doesn't, call and explain. They will probably give it to you because they want your business.
Aug 10, 2014
116 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you guys think it's safe to withdraw the $1000 on September 8th? Terms and conditions indicate we need to have $1000 on September 7 to qualify

Would really like to invest the extra $1000 in weed stocks (or should I say gamble)
[OP]
May 8, 2009
7372 posts
3401 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
saagarp wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 4:47 pm
Do you guys think it's safe to withdraw the $1000 on September 8th? Terms and conditions indicate we need to have $1000 on September 7 to qualify

Would really like to invest the extra $1000 in weed stocks (or should I say gamble)
I was going to move the $1k to DUCA, but any thoughts on weed stocks? Anything short term?
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Aug 9, 2014
330 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
batcave wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 1:35 am

From the pdf:

11. This is a limited time offer that cannot be combined with any other offer. The terms of this offer, including the overall
availability ofthis offer, are subject to the absolute discretion of Meridian Credit Union and may be changed at any time by
Meridian Credit Union without further notice to you. Meridian reserves the right to withdraw this offer any time, without
further notice.
Oct 8, 2006
559 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I will have $1100.00 after Sept 26,2018. LOL.
4. The awarded funds will be deposited by September 26th, 2018 once we have had the opportunity to verify the account, the qualifying deposit and your eligibility. The awarded funds are funds credited by Meridian to the Meridian Member’s account or certificate in the eligible recipient’s name opened or obtained by the recipient, in the amount of $100.00.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
razrez wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 8:21 pm
From the pdf:

11. This is a limited time offer that cannot be combined with any other offer. The terms of this offer, including the overall
availability ofthis offer, are subject to the absolute discretion of Meridian Credit Union and may be changed at any time by
Meridian Credit Union without further notice to you. Meridian reserves the right to withdraw this offer any time, without
further notice.
:facepalm:

You have zero chance if you do not try. Better than that if you do.

:rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2574 posts
973 upvotes
Everywhere
titaniumtux wrote:
Sep 5th, 2018 7:05 pm
I was going to move the $1k to DUCA, but any thoughts on weed stocks? Anything short term?
I'm going to Vegas. I'll put it on the roulette table for you. Face With Tears Of Joy