Site Comments & Suggestions

Expired posts moved to expired section but still showing in original posted area

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2012 9:54 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378556 upvotes
Ottawa

Expired posts moved to expired section but still showing in original posted area

So I spend alot of my time in the contest section and as contests expire they are deleted from the contest section and moved to the expired section. But for the last few weeks Ive noticed that all though the expired contests have been moved or at least say are moved they are still showing in the contest forum
bring back colour
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
vilmark wrote:
Jun 25th, 2012 4:41 pm
eg pic of current contest section.
What pic? Not showing up in your post.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FWIW I haven't noticed this, and I probably spend as much time in there as you do.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378556 upvotes
Ottawa
eg. this page contests-f34/31/ has like 8 contest all expired and all say moved but the links are still on this page and have been for days
bring back colour
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106486 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OK, yeah, I see what you mean now.

When a thread is moved from one forum to another, how long does the link persist in the old forum? I was under the impression that it was user-selectable by the mod/admin who moved it.

Do you know when these particular threads got moved out? I know nsx has been playing catch-up for the past week or so. Perhaps that's why they're still there? Or were they moved out a long time ago?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2008
19809 posts
378556 upvotes
Ottawa
in the past they dissapear pretty quick but some of these have been hanging around about 2 weeks.

last night i went thru and reported about 5or6 pages of expired contests and they all disappeared within hours. These were already there and never dissapeared. if all the ones that say moved actually disappeared we would be down to about 33 pages as opposed to 37. (last night we were at 43 pages)
bring back colour
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes
hey vilmark,

It may be a redirect that was left. I will inform the mod crew not to leave any redirects when removing contests. I will also look into the situation, just in case it isn't a redirect. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD