Shopping Discussion

Expired product policy at supermarkets ?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2018 6:49 am
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3826 posts
1195 upvotes
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 8:22 pm
Yes surely. Not ideas but fact.

''A homeless person in EU has access to better and safe food in EU than a customer in Canada''
That is certainly not a fact.

All customers have the same access to the same foods, whether homeless or not. Canada is an equal opportunity country. Lol
I’m sure there isn’t a store in the EU that has ever had anything ever on any shaheed anywhere that was past a beat before date....ever

I’m sure the homeless who pick in garbage cans and dumpsters always find dairy products within their shelf life expectancy

Time to pack your bubble wrap and join the EU
Last edited by Red_Army on Oct 13th, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Oct 10, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 8:24 pm
“They may have less access to expired food however.”
I’ll add quotes as well for effect
“They may have less access to expired food however.” - Thanks for at least confirming that.
Canada's finest - ''providing access to expired food at your local supermarket''
Your quotes are much appreciated.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:

All customers have the same access to the same foods, whether homeless or not. Canada is an equal opportunity country. Lol
I’m sure there isn’t a store in the EU that has ever had anything ever on any shaheed anywhere that was past a beat before date....ever

I’m sure the homeless who pick in garbage cans and dumpsters always find dairy products within their shelf life expectancy
You are really funny. Homeless or not we all have access to expired products at our local supermarkets. Canada is really an equal opportunity country.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3826 posts
1195 upvotes
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 8:32 pm
You are really funny. Homeless or not we all have access to expired products at our local supermarkets. Canada is really an equal opportunity country.
You’re right, I love this country, and I love shopping in that back corner of the store where they sell near best before date products at discount. Thankfully they don’t explode when the date does in fact arrive.
You can never have too much banana bread.
What a country
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Oct 10, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:

Time to pack your bubble wrap and join the EU
What a country.
''Time to pack your bubble wrap & join EU''
You dont want me here ?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5291 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:37 am
In EU the supermarkets are not allowed to throw the within 1 day expiry products in the bin because the homeless people may eat it and fall ill.
Matter of fact supermarkets faced lawsuits which is why they stopped throwing away near expiry products in the bins.
I'm having trouble finding info on any of this. What are these "bins" and how are they accessible? What happens if the product is "2 day expiry"...is that allowed? What specific lawsuit(s) caused these EU policy changes...to a specific supermarket chain?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5291 posts
726 upvotes
Toronto
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:37 am
In EU the supermarkets are not allowed to throw the within 1 day expiry products in the bin because the homeless people may eat it and fall ill.
Matter of fact supermarkets faced lawsuits which is why they stopped throwing away near expiry products in the bins.
I'm having trouble finding info on any of this. What are these "bins" and how are they accessible? What happens if the product is "2 day expiry"...is that allowed? What specific lawsuit(s) caused these EU policy changes...a specific supermarket chain?
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
3826 posts
1195 upvotes
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 8:38 pm
What a country.
''Time to pack your bubble wrap & join EU''
You dont want me here ?
It only makes sense for you to venture out there.

That way when you’re out back rummaging in the trash for your dairy products you won’t come across any more spoiled milk.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5460 posts
1256 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 11:30 am
Also WHY Pharmacies take back / recycle expired meds... they don’t think it wise we all take matters into our own hands
They want us to stay safe
They take medicine back in order to prevent it from falling in to the wrong hands (kids or junkies rummaging through the trash) or from contaminating the water supply (from people who flush it down the toilet).
[OP]
Oct 10, 2018
22 posts
4 upvotes
Red_Army wrote:
Oct 13th, 2018 10:57 pm
It only makes sense for you to venture out there.

That way when you’re out back rummaging in the trash for your dairy products you won’t come across any more spoiled milk.
No I wont venture out of here.
My forefathers from EU made sure to steal all the land they can from the first nations just to make sure I wont have to rummage in the trash.
If they did not do that then the first nations will be the richest people on earth just by collecting all the rent and royalty money from the oil and real estate in Canada.
So instead of trash I will collect my spoiled milk from my local supermarket.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19890 posts
3758 upvotes
Poormond Hill
MyNameIsJeff wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 1:14 am
No I wont venture out of here.
My forefathers from EU made sure to steal all the land they can from the first nations just to make sure I wont have to rummage in the trash.
If they did not do that then the first nations will be the richest people on earth just by collecting all the rent and royalty money from the oil and real estate in Canada.
So instead of trash I will collect my spoiled milk from my local supermarket.
Your forefathers should have never left the EU! What your forefathers did to the natives, the immigrants will do the same in Europe.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5913 posts
3518 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
psyko514 wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 12:54 am
They take medicine back in order to prevent it from falling in to the wrong hands (kids or junkies rummaging through the trash) or from contaminating the water supply (from people who flush it down the toilet).
True... there are several reasons WHY Pharmacies take back meds.
I only mentioned one.
It ties back to many Govt policies / departments and how they interact with our lives
(Health Canada - Environment Canada - Agriculture Canada - Food Inspection Agency - etc)
For example,
One has to remember, we have a National Healthcare Program (tho run Provincially) that looks at ways to mediate risks & expenditures
Getting unused, and expired meds... including OTC items off the streets makes a lot of sense for everyone’s well being
(And the overall health of the relative Govt programs too)