Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
exploretrip.com

Hot prices from YVR to cities in Japan on exploretrip.com with JAL $615+

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2017 6:41 pm
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes

Hot prices from YVR to cities in Japan on exploretrip.com with JAL $615+

Price:
615+
Retailer:
exploretrip.com
Airfare to Japan has been always more expensive than to China or even to southeast Asia, but I found pretty good deal with JAL when you buy from exploretrip.com. I did some searches from YVR, but you should also try searching from your home airport.

Sample dates: leaving YVR on 2/27, coming back on 4/12
Narita (NRT), Tokyo CAD615
Kansai (KIX) Osaka CAD624
Nagoya (NGO) CAD636
Fukuoka (FUK) CAD759

Fares to non-mega airports like NGO, FUK etc usually cost $800+, Tokyo I'd say $750+.

How to find deals: You first get a rough idea around which dates tend to be low on prices, by searching on momondo.ca AND google.ca/flights. Once you get an idea, go to exploretrip.com, try with different combo of cities and dates. Flights with great connections may be hard to find, but possible.

Update: I did more searches for same dates:
YVR to Sapporo (CTS) CAD685.

I did searches from YYC, YEG, YYZ, YUL, none of them showed good prices on exploretrip.com on that date combination.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1440 posts
816 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
You need to make an account first?
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
You could, but you don't need to.
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, Wise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
sites down lol.

Japan's been unusually cheap this year. I can't count the amount of deals I've seen flying out of yvr.

Wish more for Bkk or sgn, or indonesia, etc. (Simply, because Japan's more expensive for the solo traveler)
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Rifle wrote: sites down lol.

Japan's been unusually cheap this year. I can't count the amount of deals I've seen flying out of yvr.

Wish more for Bkk or sgn, or indonesia, etc. (Simply, because Japan's more expensive for the solo traveler)
There are frequent deals to SE Asia, often around $550-650, it just depends who you want to fly with. The Chinese airlines frequently fly these routes for cheap, with layovers in Shanghai or Beijing. Deals infrequently come up around the $650-750 mark with ANA/United.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
1027 posts
1096 upvotes
Vancouver
Hot deal! JAL is miles ahead of Air Canada on that route, particularly in economy. Great food, extra wide seats (1 less seat per row than AC) and decent leg room. Probably the only time in long haul economy where I didn't feel like crap after the flight.

Oddly enough, AC has a superior lie flat seat in business class on that route.
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
lhsonic wrote: There are frequent deals to SE Asia, often around $550-650, it just depends who you want to fly with. The Chinese airlines frequently fly these routes for cheap, with layovers in Shanghai or Beijing. Deals infrequently come up around the $650-750 mark with ANA/United.
yeah but I'm not really liking those layovers in china :(
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
I cannot press search button on explortrip.com. I've tried Edge, and restarted computer. Maybe it's down now. Maybe you want to call them and book over the phone if you're patient?

If you manage to buy there, I find these deals especially great for airports like NGO, FUK, CTS, because if you take the cheapest fares, you almost always end up with Chinese carriers. This deal is with JAL. I only know economy class for JP and CN carriers but they're just not the same thing. Luke warm beer? You never get that on JAL and ANA. And ANA has those famous automated toilet / bidet even on economy class.

I thought AC Tokyo flight was pretty good almost 10 years ago, they had sake. I've noticed ANA stopped serving sake in economy class since a few years.

I don't like Chinese airports, either. Food is a lot more expensive at Chinese airports than those in Canada and Japan, maybe except canned beer from vending machines and duty free smokes.

Almost all airports in China lack enough bridges, so I need to take buses to planes and vice versa most the time.

For unknown reasons, ANA sometimes sells seats for southeast Asia for crazy prices (mistake fare?). I've bought YVR-SGN, then open jaw MNL-YVR for less than $400. That itinerary wouldn't be liked by most travelers, though, it involved a HND-NRT transfer with 1 night stay on your own, then I needed to add a leg from SGN to MNL.
Dec 2, 2013
22 posts
20 upvotes
SURREY
does anyone have experience booking with them? online reviews of this company don't seem to be too favorable.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
1142 posts
246 upvotes
BC
"How to find deals: You first get a rough idea around which dates tend to be low on prices, by searching on momondo.ca AND google.ca/flights."

is there a specific way to do this more accurately? for example, if i choose your dates (which does show the rate you said) on google flights, it doesnt show it nor does it show on the calendar or dates. Same wit momondo
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10889 posts
5430 upvotes
Toronto
do they have from toronto to japan on sale also?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
nerdglass wrote: does anyone have experience booking with them? online reviews of this company don't seem to be too favorable.
I've bought from them twice, no problem. Exactly the same fare class that shows up on matrix.itasoftware.com.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
fuc847 wrote: "How to find deals: You first get a rough idea around which dates tend to be low on prices, by searching on momondo.ca AND google.ca/flights."

is there a specific way to do this more accurately? for example, if i choose your dates (which does show the rate you said) on google flights, it doesnt show it nor does it show on the calendar or dates. Same wit momondo
When I posted my OP, both Google Flights and Momondo were showing higher prices than exploretrip.com. Take Google and Momondo quotes as a guidance only. You need to try different combinations on exploretrip.com manually. If somebody else knows a better method, post it please.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3627 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
Seems interesting
====================================
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
maverikbc wrote: I've bought from them twice, no problem. Exactly the same fare class that shows up on matrix.itasoftware.com.
If you can find the same fare on ITA Matrix, you can book this fare directly through the airline (or any travel agent you'd like for that matter) by giving them the routing/fare instructions provided by ITA. This way you bypass the need for a travel agent at all. Booking direct is always best.
Removed external link in signature.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
lhsonic wrote: If you can find the same fare on ITA Matrix, you can book this fare directly through the airline (or any travel agent you'd like for that matter) by giving them the routing/fare instructions provided by ITA. This way you bypass the need for a travel agent at all. Booking direct is always best.
Almost all the time, it's more expensive to directly book with airlines. Before I bought my ticket on exploretrip.com, not only jal.com didn't show the itinerary I wanted, it was about $100 higher. Even if online travel agencies have same price as airlines, there are often promo codes with sites like flightnetwork.com. However, US carriers websites allow us to cancel within 24 hours of booking for free, it can be attractive for some.

With same fare classes I get from exploretrip.com, I have no idea how they can supply fares for a lot cheaper.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
Looking for Tickets from YYZ to Tokyo on 20th April - 30th April and cheapest tickets I am getting is $1200. Any better option ? Will prefer direct flight to save time and will like to be in Tokyo on 21st March morning. Happy to pay extra $$$
Mar 12, 2006
892 posts
243 upvotes
unfortunately if you aren't flexible with your dates, you won't get the savings. :(
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1921 posts
214 upvotes
Rifle wrote: unfortunately if you aren't flexible with your dates, you won't get the savings. :(
Looking for best rates on these dates. Pretty tight on dates
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1537 posts
1228 upvotes
ahato wrote: Looking for best rates on these dates. Pretty tight on dates
I found 4/20-5/3 on Delta for $908.

Have you ever heard of Golden Week? I have a feeling that your fare is high because flight leaving Tokyo on 4/30 is already near full. I think Delta can provide an ok price because by 5/3, Tokyo-Detroit traffic should die down (probably not the opposite direction, though). Similarly, transportation, roads and accommodations get really busy in Japan around that time. If you're not flexible on your travel date, I'd go elsewhere, if I were you.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html