Home & Garden

exterior pot lights recomendations in GTA?

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 8:05 pm
Oct 16, 2009
57 posts
2 upvotes
Mr pot lights' websites only shows interior - not exterior
Looking for Mississauga please
Aug 1, 2007
416 posts
17 upvotes
Hey kk123.

Did you get any recommendations for an exterior potlight contractor? If yes, do you mind sharing?

I'm also in Mississauga and thinking of getting some installed too.

Cheers!
Oct 16, 2009
57 posts
2 upvotes
I haven't received any recommendations for Mississauaga yet
Dec 17, 2007
956 posts
297 upvotes
Alliston, ON
kk123 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 11:13 pm
Mr pot lights' websites only shows interior - not exterior
Looking for Mississauga please
Mr Potlight does exterior pot lights... call/email them for a quote
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2426 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Need a GTA contractor who can do a good job on pot lights outside , before the new year, I waited a week to get a hold of mr.pot lights and got directed to call them in march or april :)
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
754 upvotes
tebore wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 4:14 pm
Mr Potlight is the McD of the potlight world (I don't mean that in a bad way). Nothing special gets the job done and they're legit, they'll pull the ESA cert.
I had my house done by Mr. Potlight over 30+ lights. One thing I worried about was getting the certification, but ESA came right away had one "note" and the guy from mr. potlight came right away to fix it. These guys are pretty legit, quick and clean job and they were nice. I was worried at first since the prices were almost the lowest compared to other companies like the ones frmo mike holmes and stuff. But the mike holmes companies seem pretty snobby charging double the price.

Mr. potlight did say he does outdoor lights but I didn't bother since they were more expensive, forgot how much more.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5021 posts
271 upvotes
Any other recommendations? I'm also looking for someone certified to do exterior potlights. Wondering how much and if I should wait til next summer.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2426 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
your looking at least $100 to 150 per potlight, and may be more depending on how much effort is required to place them on your house. They may need a crane.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5021 posts
271 upvotes
Anyone looking for doing exterior pot lights this summer? Any recommendation? I read some bad reviews on Mr. Potlight so I'm still looking.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5021 posts
271 upvotes
By the way, I got a quote of $150 per potlight (LED, warm white), minimum 10, from Mr. Potlight.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5021 posts
271 upvotes
How important is to get it ESA certified? I saw some places want $250 for it alone.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1549 posts
595 upvotes
Oakville, ON
golden wrote:
May 9th, 2017 10:17 am
How important is to get it ESA certified? I saw some places want $250 for it alone.
ESA = Electrical Safety Authority

Well, it's a good way to help make sure who ever you hire did a good job. Could burn your house down if they cut corners or do sloppy work....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
7015 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
CanadianLurker wrote:
May 9th, 2017 11:25 am
ESA = Electrical Safety Authority

Well, it's a good way to help make sure who ever you hire did a good job. Could burn your house down if they cut corners or do sloppy work....
We discussed this in another thread. If you don't get a permit (and btw, permits are NOT optional, the contractor could face steep penalties for not pulling permits on EVERY job) then the workers know there is no inspection so they can cut corners, do things not to code, overload circuits, etc. Whatever is easier for them.
Oct 3, 2005
792 posts
23 upvotes
If you do the potlights yourself do you still need to get a permit/inspection?

Also, is there anything special out there that I should look for when shopping for exterior LED potlights? I have a few existing ones that I want to put LED bulbs or change them and want to add a few extra.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel