None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7475 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Extract BB10 backup file

Hello,

Got a friend that has a BB10 backup file that they want to get contacts/photos/etc from however they no longer have a blackberry phone.

I have tried some bb backup extractor I found online however there is no support for bb10 files.

Any idea what we can try to get this data?

Thanks
Maximum Repair
Computer & Cell Phone Repair
PM me for more info
8 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7475 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Bump
Maximum Repair
PM me for more info
Jan 27, 2013
378 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Download the app ContactX. It allows you to export your contacts to a .csv or .vcf file. You can then use that file to import your contacts to a webmail account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc) or to a different cellphone.
sickcars wrote:
Sep 26th, 2013 12:25 am
Hello,

Got a friend that has a BB10 backup file that they want to get contacts/photos/etc from however they no longer have a blackberry phone.

I have tried some bb backup extractor I found online however there is no support for bb10 files.

Any idea what we can try to get this data?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
784 upvotes
the person doesn't have a phone anymore
kingtosh82 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2013 1:31 pm
Download the app ContactX. It allows you to export your contacts to a .csv or .vcf file. You can then use that file to import your contacts to a webmail account (Gmail, Hotmail, etc) or to a different cellphone.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7475 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks i'll give that a try. Now what about their other data, like photos/videos etc?
Maximum Repair
PM me for more info
Jan 27, 2013
378 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Text messages can be saved using an app called SMS Backup.

All documents, videos and pictures can be transferred to a computer using a standard micro USB cable - no software needed. Or, you can download BlackBerry Link.
sickcars wrote:
Sep 27th, 2013 2:05 pm
Thanks i'll give that a try. Now what about their other data, like photos/videos etc?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9155 posts
784 upvotes
yo.... did you even read the OP ?
kingtosh82 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2013 4:18 pm

All documents, videos and pictures can be transferred to a computer using a standard micro USB cable - no software needed. Or, you can download BlackBerry Link.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7475 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kingtosh82 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2013 4:18 pm

As my original post says,

All I have is the backup file from a z10 phone. the backup is in .bbb format. No longer have a BB phone. Friend would like to extract Pictures/videos & other data from this backup file.

Thanks
Maximum Repair
PM me for more info
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1787 posts
84 upvotes
Kitchener
The only thing I can think of is finding another bb10 device to load it back on to. As for the pictures I store mine on a 64GB SD card, so if you friend did the same they should have taken the card out before selling the phone.
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
× < >