• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2008 7:46 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 31, 2007
10 posts
toronto

Eye Exam

I know ON had free eye check up every year or so and it has been canceled since. Now, I feel like my eyes need some refocusing; so I would like to find a cheap eye check up .around downtown toronto....or are there any special offers for students? I am cash strapped..so please help !
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
apparently if you book an appointment with one of those companies that offer lazer eye surgery for a review to see if you're a suitable candidate, they check your perscription and give you the fullest eye test.

i suggest getting it checked by a doc at the place you plan on buying the glasses, that is if it is in store of course, many places give you the discount on teh glasses, i think i paid $60ish at Hakim Optical in Ontario.

hope that helps
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Sep 24, 2006
248 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
jumpman45 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2007 12:29 pm
I know ON had free eye check up every year or so and it has been canceled since. Now, I feel like my eyes need some refocusing; so I would like to find a cheap eye check up .around downtown toronto....or are there any special offers for students? I am cash strapped..so please help !
You still covered by OHIP if 19 yrs old or under.
Optical Loft charged $60 for full eye examination.
www.opticalloft.com
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
1622 posts
40 upvotes
jumpman45 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2007 12:29 pm
if you're going to buy the glasses, many optical houses offer free check up
Aug 20, 2007
1 posts
Toronto
Just Eyes Optical in downtown Toronto, is owned by optician Joe Ng, who is an Olympic Athlete and 3-time Olympian. He won a Gold Medal for Canada at the Pan Am Games in Barcelona Spain. He is the official eyecare supplier to The Toronto Raptors Basketball Team and has all the brand name frames, sunglasses and contact lenses. If you do not have insurance coverage for an eye exam, he will send you to his brother Dr. Gordon Ng for a free eye exam. He is the official eye doctor for The Toronto Raptors. Their eyeglass prices can't be beat!!! Their phone number is (416)591-7269, and they are even open on Sundays!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14317 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
http://www.greatglasses.ca/ has free eye tests.

However, its worth noting that the owners of Great Glasses were successfully sued by the Ontario College of Opticians for $1M for dispensing eye exams without an Optician on site.

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp ... 4656511815
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Mar 5, 2007
320 posts
2 upvotes
SweetJane wrote:
Aug 21st, 2007 2:13 am
Just Eyes Optical in downtown Toronto, is owned by optician Joe Ng, who is an Olympic Athlete and 3-time Olympian. He won a Gold Medal for Canada at the Pan Am Games in Barcelona Spain. He is the official eyecare supplier to The Toronto Raptors Basketball Team and has all the brand name frames, sunglasses and contact lenses. If you do not have insurance coverage for an eye exam, he will send you to his brother Dr. Gordon Ng for a free eye exam. He is the official eye doctor for The Toronto Raptors. Their eyeglass prices can't be beat!!! Their phone number is (416)591-7269, and they are even open on Sundays!
Dr. Ng was sued for fraud and his brother Joe was good a ping pong. If you want to talk ping pong or want to get deals from a fellow who was sued - please pay them a visit by calling (416) 591-7269. This is a joke, but the jokes on you! :cheesygri :cheesygri
Apr 27, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
a88888888a wrote:
Sep 11th, 2007 11:22 pm
Dr. Ng was sued for fraud and his brother Joe was good a ping pong. If you want to talk ping pong or want to get deals from a fellow who was sued - please pay them a visit by calling (416) 591-7269. This is a joke, but the jokes on you! :cheesygri :cheesygri
How do you know he was sued? Can I have the link to it please? And what was he sued for? He's my eye doctor and I don't want to continue with him anymore if this is the case.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10455 posts
1958 upvotes
Are eye exams something you really want to cheap out on? Shouldn't you be looking for a good doctor? A good eye doctor can some times spot other health issues. For example, my aunt's diabetes was first detected through an eye exam. He refered her back to her GP for testing and the diagnosis was confirmed.

Too bad the Ontario government can't see the importance of an eye exam.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2456 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
That Gordon Ng is a scam artist, my mom was there yesterday for an eye exam. (May 2nd) she has diabetes and was physically there waiting for 4 hours in that small room to see him because he said my mom didn't make a appointment, and after my om had been waiting for so long, the scam artist said would offer my mom a free eye exam without telling my mom that it should be already covered under her medical condition. However, that bastard, Gordon NG, refused to give my mom the prescription and instead to sent my mom upstair for a pair eyeglasses.

I am so mad to learn the fact after my mom came home and I would like to know what action i can take
[SALE:] Lego, Kre-O, Hot Wheels, XBOX 360 controllers and games
lego-kre-o-hot-wheels-xbox-360-controll ... st18712377
Mar 5, 2007
320 posts
2 upvotes
ying_lee wrote:
Apr 28th, 2008 8:27 pm
How do you know he was sued? Can I have the link to it please? And what was he sued for? He's my eye doctor and I don't want to continue with him anymore if this is the case.
He got in trouble for billing dead people for eye exams. Ask him during your next visit. You'll see his face turn red.
× < >