• Jul 30th, 2017 9:10 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 28, 2009
11 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario, canada

Eyebrow Microblading

Has anyone had Eyebrow Micrblading done? Would like to hear about experience.....worth it or not? Natural looking or not? Had chemotherapy and eyebrows only came back partially. Thank you for information.
11 replies
Jul 2, 2016
144 posts
115 upvotes
This topic is in the wrong forum. This one is for hot deals only.
Nov 21, 2006
434 posts
118 upvotes
KayBee01 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:30 pm
Has anyone had Eyebrow Micrblading done? Would like to hear about experience.....worth it or not? Natural looking or not? Had chemotherapy and eyebrows only came back partially. Thank you for information.
Personally I dislike thick hairy eyebrows and find them a big turn off
If that's a reconstructive operation it might be worthy to bring them back to a natural look but don't over do it
Jan 21, 2010
132 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
They can look really natural if you do your research, don't get a Groupon deal or search for the cheapest option. I believe they do fade after a few years, so they aren't permanent. I bet after you do your research and find someone you can explain your situation and they would drop the price or do it for free. Generally a good artist will charge about $500 total after the consultation and touch ups.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7296 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
Hey there, KayBee01! I 'reported' this post for you so the mods will be able to move it for you to the appropriate forum. I thought you were new, but realize you have been an RFD member since 2009! It's good you would post to the RFD'ers, generally you'll find they are a super good bunch!

I worked in the brow industry for over 25 years (waxing/shaping.) I did not do microblading, but have recently been researching it. Go to your local city groups on FB, ask around there, and VIEW photos of those people who do microblading. It CAN look natural but you have to go with someone who is great at it - this means getting the shading correct as well as the technique and appropriate 'feather strokes' needed.

In the meantime, grab some Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Brow Gel at Beauty Boutique.ca, etc... It's $$$ ($32) but is well worth it (and this is coming from a true RFD'er who loves saving money!) Of course, aim to buy it when Shoppers Optimum points are optimized, etc. etc. Lol! Check out Sephora as well, they carry it there. (3 free samples with every order, sigh!) I have light to med. brown hair naturally but the lightest shade that Benefit makes is perfect to fill out my somewhat overtweezed (80's gal, you know!) brows.

I'm sorry your brows didn't go through the growth you hoped for - and I really hope you are doing well health-wise!!!

Edited to add: I meant to tell you, once you have some links, etc. to someone you are interested in for microblading, please feel free to PM me the info. and I can take a peek too and give input if you want! Just today, in our city I was looking at 4 different microblading artists - and only 1/4 stood out to me as being really good.

Further edited: One more thing! It is always better to pick a slightly lighter shade than you think you need, (for either the Benefit product or, the actual microblading), rather than a shade too dark. Apparently, the same goes for hair colouring. My pet peeve today was seeing brows that were either too red OR too 'grey/ash' tone. (When looking at the microblading.) That, and leaving a square point where the brows start up. Or, leaving too thick of a front part of the brow, and not enough taper into the shape. UGH!
Jan 21, 2010
132 posts
15 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was looking at photos today too and I thought the exact same thing about the square edge, that is not natural at all, but I guess that's what some people want
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4928 posts
773 upvotes
@jory29 Could you recommend some general brow shaping/grooming salons, or professionals in the GTA, as well?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4553 posts
254 upvotes
digger1 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 11:44 pm
Personally I dislike thick hairy eyebrows and find them a big turn off
If that's a reconstructive operation it might be worthy to bring them back to a natural look but don't over do it
This not about you or your preferences so no need to give the OP advice about what you find pleasing.

OP, wherever you go, please make sure the service provider is inspected by the local health unit.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7296 posts
1493 upvotes
Edmonton
peanutz wrote:
Jul 28th, 2017 11:21 pm
@jory29 Could you recommend some general brow shaping/grooming salons, or professionals in the GTA, as well?
Oh, I wish! I am out in the West though. If you ever want me to take a look at someone's work and provide feedback, pm a message if you want and I can give you my input, FWIW.
amz155 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 9:22 am

This not about you or your preferences so no need to give the OP advice about what you find pleasing.

OP, wherever you go, please make sure the service provider is inspected by the local health unit.
The OP was asking though, if microblading can look natural, or not, indicating a preference to obtain a more natural look. I don't think there was anything offputting about digger1's comments, and they even stated that it was a personal opinion, by using the word personally. 100% agree with you, everything needs to be thouroughly safe/sanitary and inspected at regular intervals. Excellent point!!
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4928 posts
773 upvotes
@jory29 Thank you anyway, I found your post helpful even if I'm not ready for microblading at this time. :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4553 posts
254 upvotes
jory29 wrote:
Jul 29th, 2017 1:43 pm
Oh, I wish! I am out in the West though. If you ever want me to take a look at someone's work and provide feedback, pm a message if you want and I can give you my input, FWIW.

The OP was asking though, if microblading can look natural, or not, indicating a preference to obtain a more natural look. I don't think there was anything offputting about digger1's comments, and they even stated that it was a personal opinion, by using the word personally. 100% agree with you, everything needs to be thouroughly safe/sanitary and inspected at regular intervals. Excellent point!!
Natural looking and thick and hairy are not mutually exclusive though. So what if someone wanys thick and hairy eyebrows? To each their own, right? :) Besides, microblading isn't a service that gives the look of thick and hairy eyebrows.

In the GTA, look at permanentcosmetics.ca.