Archived BST Posts

Locked: F/S: 1989 Convertible Mustang GT Cobra updated pics!

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2005 8:03 pm
Tags:
None
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts

F/S: 1989 Convertible Mustang GT Cobra updated pics!

Guys

Unfortunately, I've put myself in a position where I need to sell this car. I picked it up earlier this year for my younger sister and it really has not worked out. It just would not be feasible for us to keep it as my debts have increased, plus my parents are hassling me for letting her drive a fast car.

It's bright burgandy (paint is excellent).
-AOD/w shift kit
-original white leather int. (driver's seat has some small tears in it.)
-power everything, cruise control.
-beautiful chrome Pony rims
-Alpine CD faceoff deck, and kenwood amp, I think the speakers are pioneer, box tucked in the trunk
-Chrome BBK shorty headers, two chamber flowmasters, stock H pipe.
-K & N cold air induction
-3:73 gears
-floors and body are excellent, car was maintained and rust proofed.
-no winters
-wolf 300 series car cover included
-white tunnel cover for the top when it's put down.
-brand new blue motor sport wires still in the box
-new spark plugs in the box


Work done:
-new rear main seal, new oil pan gasket (car is dry, no oil leaks)
-new ignition module
-new radiator
-four new Z rated tires and alignment
-new brakes up front and back adjusted.

Although, the car needs a new top, checked into, it should cost around $600, not too expensive. Car has only 119,000 kms and the car is mechanically sound. I've seen cars like this selling in the trader for crazy prices ranging from 15 to 20 thousand with higher mileage.

I'm asking $10,500 obo as is. The car needs to be seen to be appreciated. I have all the receipts, and will gladly provide them. Here's my email: stangboy11@yahoo.ca

here's a link with some pics:
http://ca.geocities.com/stangboy11/

Thanks
Stangboy
Share:
114 replies
Jr. Member
Nov 9, 2003
129 posts
Toronto
man, when I was a kid I would have given anything to own one of these cars

still super cool in my books
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
thanks dude

these cars are still a presence on the road. gobs of power!
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
Thanks for the website. I posted the pics on the album. Hope this works.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
bump
Banned
Oct 29, 2003
600 posts
GTA. No work require…
stangboy wrote:
......I've seen cars like this selling in the trader for crazy prices ranging from 15 to 20 thousand with higher mileage.
Dude, you're joking right? When did you see prices between 15 to 20 thousand? Back in 1989?

Let's not get carried away here, since you told us what you've "seen", check Auto Trader, you seen them as low as $4 - 7 Grand.

Everyone kills it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2002
3341 posts
4 upvotes
OnTheVerge wrote:Dude, you're joking right? When did you see prices between 15 to 20 thousand? Back in 1989?

Let's not get carried away here, since you told us what you've "seen", check Auto Trader, you seen them as low as $4 - 7 Grand.

Everyone kills it.
Yeah, seriously. I see 2 just above $10,000... the rest are well below. But nice car nonetheless... it's up to the buyer to do research. Just not cool to lie about the going price.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
I hope u didn't do a search for 1989 stangs only?? :lol:

Are u guys serious?? :confused:

Do a search in the autotrader for a "foxbody stang." Year's 1985-93, some have hit up to $25,000 depending on the condition of the vehicle.

Nevertheless, you are correct, it's what the car is worth to the seller and buyer.

Thanks
Stangboy

Do me a favour if you don't like the car or the price, and you don't have anything nice to say...keep it to yourself. I did get a good chuckle from the last two ignorant threads. :)
Jr. Member
Jan 7, 2004
170 posts
i dont know much about car prices so i dunno if this is a good deal or not but it sure looks pretty good for a 16 year old car. good luck selling! free bump
Banned
Oct 29, 2003
600 posts
GTA. No work require…
stangboy wrote: Do me a favour if you don't like the car or the price, and you don't have anything nice to say...keep it to yourself. I did get a good chuckle from the last two ignorant threads. :)
Do us a favour, don't exaggerate the worth of your car, or should I say your sister's car. Also, don't confuse the asking price that you see with Autotrader ads with the selling price. Too many dudes get emotionally tied to their cars and when they go to sell it they are in denial that their car is worth much less than they think. Selling price is what matters. Does anyone know what the book value is on this car with 120KMs, a bunch of racing mods, uncertified, needing a new top, leather seat repair, etc.?

By the way, ignorant means...."Lacking education or knowledge.
Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake. Unaware or uninformed."

The last 2 posts were not ignorant, this is RFD, we are very well informed, so unless you want more analysis on what this thing is worth, shut it.
Banned
Oct 29, 2003
600 posts
GTA. No work require…
And another thing, a $25,000, 1993 and earlier style stang is far different than what you're trying to sell here.

That's more like a 1993 LX Anniversary Model with 20,000kms, all original, no racing mods, certified, e-tested, original paint, etc. that may have an asking price of $25K, but will likely sell in the high teens.
stangboy wrote:I hope u didn't do a search for 1989 stangs only?? :lol:

Are u guys serious?? :confused:

Do a search in the autotrader for a "foxbody stang." Year's 1985-93, some have hit up to $25,000 depending on the condition of the vehicle.

Nevertheless, you are correct, it's what the car is worth to the seller and buyer.

Thanks
Stangboy

Do me a favour if you don't like the car or the price, and you don't have anything nice to say...keep it to yourself. I did get a good chuckle from the last two ignorant threads. :)
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
OnTheVerge wrote:And another thing, a $25,000, 1993 and earlier style stang is far different than what you're trying to sell here.

That's more like a 1993 LX Anniversary Model with 20,000kms, all original, no racing mods, certified, e-tested, original paint, etc. that may have an asking price of $25K, but will likely sell in the high teens.
All of a sudden you know that a $25K car will go for high teens??? So you're able to drop anybody's asking price about $6-7 grand when buying a car??

And you say, "That's more like a 1993??" or is it like a 1985, 1987, 1988 and so on...like the book lists. Buddy, there's an 88 convertible listed at 16 grand at 100k...do you want me to keep going??

Don't rant, if you like the car and if you're in the market...come check it out. If not, it's not for you.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 22, 2004
482 posts
OnTheVerge wrote:And another thing, a $25,000, 1993 and earlier style stang is far different than what you're trying to sell here.

That's more like a 1993 LX Anniversary Model with 20,000kms, all original, no racing mods, certified, e-tested, original paint, etc. that may have an asking price of $25K, but will likely sell in the high teens.
Oh and another thing, the models ranging from 1985-93 are categorized as "fox body mustangs." The main difference between 1986-88 and 1989-93 is that the first set came with speed density which is bearly unworkable when doing engine work, while 89-93 came with mass air.

Oh....not to mention in 1993 they detuned the car about 10 horses. They are roughly all the same, with minor changes. So 1993 is not far different than what I'm selling.

But, wait....I'm not asking for $25K anyway?? I'm asking for less than half. :confused:

Thank you for low balling me, cutting the car up and the owner. :mad:
× < >

Top