Off Topic

Facebook: How do I block someone from seeing a facebook Event.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2014 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12445 posts
3558 upvotes
Gatineau

Facebook: How do I block someone from seeing a facebook Event.

Person A creates a Facebook Event A that is Invite-Only. Person A is therefore host and is automatically marked as going to Event A.

If you pull up Facebook profile of Person A, there is an post on their page showing "Person A is going to Event A". I assume this means that all friends of Person A will be able to see that Person A is going to Event A.

Person A invites Person B, C, D to Event A who all accept and are going. Person A pulls up the profiles of Person B, C, D and notices that they also show a post on their wall "Person __ is going to Event A".

My Issue:

Person E (whom is not invited to Event A) is a mutual friend of all the people attending Event A.

Is there a way to prevent Person E from seeing ANYTHING related to Event A (i.e. to prevent Person E from pulling up Person B's facebook profile and seeing "Person B is going to Event A")??

I figured there would be some sort of Block option within the Event A. I've spent the last 30 minutes fooling around with Event A looking for an option to block Person E, but this option is eluding me.

djino
"HELP!"
23 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
When you use the "Create a New Event" panel, what happens if you choose "Invite Only" in the privacy toggle, and de-select the "Guests can invite friends" and "Show guest list" options?
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
12557 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just email these people instead of using facebook?
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
161 upvotes
Option B: Send a text via CELLPHONE
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12445 posts
3558 upvotes
Gatineau
ronin1701 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2012 7:07 pm
When you use the "Create a New Event" panel, what happens if you choose "Invite Only" in the privacy toggle, and de-select the "Guests can invite friends" and "Show guest list" options?
That changes nothing unfortunately. :(

Djino
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1732 posts
742 upvotes
Go to his/her profile and click "Block".

Found:
Go to an event that you administrate.
Click the "Edit Guest List" link.
Select "Blocked."
Click the "Block People" link.
Enter the name of a person you want to block and click "Find."
Select the person and click "Block."
Unfortunately, there IS no "block people" link. I click on the block tab and it just says "no results"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
12445 posts
3558 upvotes
Gatineau
Piro21 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2012 7:25 pm
Why not just email these people instead of using facebook?
I don't not have email address for all guest I need to invite and this invite is going out to a lot of people.

Djino
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
8484 posts
317 upvotes
Step 1: Delete facebook
Step 2: Call your friends and invite them to your event
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2005
15434 posts
106867 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just wondering, if Person E is a mutual friend of all your other friends (but presumably not a friend of yours) then why do you even care if he/she knows about the event?

Are you worried that he/she is going to invite him/herself along?

Or is this a surprise birthday party for Person E and you don't want them to know about it, lest it ruin the surprise?
May 27, 2007
15654 posts
3042 upvotes
Toronto
Cant you make the event private? I assume by invite-only, then only the people invited will see the event/feed.
Try it out with a dummy account or ask one of your buddies that wasnt invited...
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2004
6704 posts
45 upvotes
AcidBomber's correct, the privacy of the event is dictated by the creator of the event. If you make the event invite-only, then only the people invited will see the event/feed. if you give guests the option to invite others, then friends of friends can see the event. if you make the event public, then everybody can see it.
Innovatively Silent. :cool:

My Heatware (68-0-0) is under: Cafe_333

TR-Ultra120@TLF-S12-EW / Accelero S1 / Convection Spreaders
TLF-S12-EW@case / SP-FC70-BL / 5&7V / 120&PSU Vibration Gaskets
UC-A3FATR2-B / S12-430 / Precut Sonata Acoustic Dampeners
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
1438 posts
49 upvotes
Cafe_333 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2012 2:22 am
AcidBomber's correct, the privacy of the event is dictated by the creator of the event. If you make the event invite-only, then only the people invited will see the event/feed. if you give guests the option to invite others, then friends of friends can see the event. if you make the event public, then everybody can see it.
+1 I always have made events for "invite only" didn't want the headache of others asking me why wasn't I invited :P
Jan 1, 2014
1 posts
I need to get a message to my husbands class mates about his surprise birthday party. They are not on my friend's list. If I block my husband from seeing my post will he see the event if I send it public?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4433 posts
589 upvotes
Person E is going to find out somehow anyway about it and be pissed.
[QUOTE]I know you are, but what am I.... ;) [/QUOTE]
× < >