• Mar 19th, 2019 7:34 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1760 posts
43 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada

Facedrive - the new kid on the ridesharing block

(not sure if this should be posted on this forum, but please advise, Mods)

Lately, I've been expressing my thought about a ridesharing company called "Facedrive", but sadly a thread has not been created here until now.

Facedrive is like Uber and Lyft, but the only difference between Facedrive and the other competitors is that they're an all-Canadian company (that is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada) that cares about sustainable ridesharing. The good thing about this new ridesharing kid on the block is that riders can choose a variety of cars - either an electric, hybrid and gas-powered car. A portion of the trips made by passengers is used to offset CO2 emissions and plant trees for example.

I've been using the service for a while now (about twice - currently, the service is available in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and most recently, Hamilton) and from my own experience has been mostly positive. The app is very similar to Uber and Lyft in terms of the interface. What's more, the folks at Facedrive Customer Service has been very friendly (for instance, when you encounter problems using the service or in my experience, have difficulty of trying to find a Facedrive driver in the vicinity of your pick-up origin within 5 minutes of requesting a ride).

Pros:
  • All-Canadian company
  • No Surge-pricing/peak-hour pricing unlike Uber and Lyft

Cons:
  • Driver availability is very limited unlike Uber and Lyft
  • No feature in where to leave special requests for a Facedrive driver

While it may be a while until Facedrive becomes a new player in the Canadian ridesharing block, it is definitely a warm welcome to have another player to break into the ridesharing scene and most importantly supporting a local company! I'm not sure if one of you folks have any experience using or driving with Facedrive. I'm open to all opinions.

Further reading:
https://commercialdriverhq.com/uber-vs- ... ve-toronto
https://www.facedrive.com
Less Negativeness, More Positiveness
Moins des négativités, Plus de positivités
21 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11514 posts
6323 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Does it offer a Lamborghini pick up?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11481 posts
458 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 9:37 pm
Does it offer a Lamborghini pick up?
That is not sustainable.

Nor are cars at all actually... but that is beside the point.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1766 posts
845 upvotes
OP for sure has some sort of stake in this company. good luck bud.
Got that Zoomer account!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1760 posts
43 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 10:00 pm
Are you the owner of this company lol
To be mega-honest, no. I wanted to share some thoughts about some of you folks who had used the service and have thoughts on it.

riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 10:44 am
OP for sure has some sort of stake in this company. good luck bud.
For the last time, I don't actually work for them! I just wanted to share my experience about this company and how it has been billed as the "Alternative Medicine" to ridesharing, mmkay?
Temp. Banned
Jul 23, 2007
2420 posts
1163 upvotes
Vancouver
Do a fancy ride to school work and party
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11736 posts
1412 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Whoever came up with the name needs a slap upside the head. It's right up there with Firefist.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3032 posts
514 upvotes
More competition is nice, but I dont think these small companies can beat Uber/Lyft. I remember there was another Toronto based company, I wanted to use --when I booked a ride over the phone, the driver couldnt find me, took them 30minutes to get someone. Uber takes 5-7 min max to pick you up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1760 posts
43 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
mbg wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 9:42 pm
That is not sustainable.

Nor are cars at all actually... but that is beside the point.
I heard that Facedrive offers some electric and hybrid cars such as the Tesla, Ford Escape, Chevy Volt, etc.

As far as I'm aware, this is not a exact comprehensive list.
EEE2 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 7:04 am
More competition is nice, but I dont think these small companies can beat Uber/Lyft. I remember there was another Toronto based company, I wanted to use --when I booked a ride over the phone, the driver couldnt find me, took them 30minutes to get someone. Uber takes 5-7 min max to pick you up.
The similar case is true for Lyft - it averages between 3 to 5 minutes depending on the availability.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11481 posts
458 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 2:13 am
Whoever came up with the name needs a slap upside the head. It's right up there with Firefist.
Agree - PimpRide would be much better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 11, 2005
1760 posts
43 upvotes
Ajax, ON, Canada
mbg wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 5:08 pm
Agree - PimpRide would be much better.
The folks at Facedrive had came up with that name to be easily marketable. Reminds me of the name "Facebook" (although the latter two shouldn't be confused to one another).

Head's up to anyone using a credit card that earns double points or cash back when paying for their Facedrive ride: sadly, I didn't get double the points I had got when I used my Scotia Visa Passport Visa Infinite for my Facedrive ride (unlike Uber and Lyft - as they are recognized as transportation companies).
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
11481 posts
458 upvotes
FutureHeartsJunkie wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 5:40 pm
The folks at Facedrive had came up with that name to be easily marketable. Reminds me of the name "Facebook" (although the latter two shouldn't be confused to one another).

Head's up to anyone using a credit card that earns double points or cash back when paying for their Facedrive ride: sadly, I didn't get double the points I had got when I used my Scotia Visa Passport Visa Infinite for my Facedrive ride (unlike Uber and Lyft - as they are recognized as transportation companies).
It's a really strange name. It's also driver-focused rather than customer-focused.

I guess it's better than FaceRide :)
Apr 14, 2017
894 posts
411 upvotes
DT Calgary
RideFace.

If it smells like fish, it probably is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6077 posts
767 upvotes
Greely
mbg wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 5:42 pm
It's a really strange name. It's also driver-focused rather than customer-focused.

I guess it's better than FaceRide :)
Says you - I enjoy a good faceride