Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 12:20 pm
AC G actually keeps your warm though, which is beneficial to you, even if it is expensive & tacky (IMO), it still has a benefit. What is the benefit of a designer purse, other than looking like a ***** who spends too much on garbage?
So does ' layering '. ;)
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4935 posts
95 upvotes
Still don't get why people buy a really warm jacket yet wear the crappiest ghetto track pants. Spent all the money on the jacket and can't afford anything else?
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
134 upvotes
Kris81 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 2:33 pm
I get it. You buy designer purses.
Hard to believe, but you can actually be pretty warm be the GTA by wearing a generic down jacket ($100) + t-shirt ($10-20) + sweater ($40-50) and perhaps a scarf.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3357 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
Rainne wrote:
Dec 31st, 2012 4:52 pm
A typical used CG jacket is around $300 (one time expense) vs. an iPhone 5 on contract is around $179 (?) + $50-60 + tax for 36 month, you tell me what costs more.

There's also fakes too.
What really boggles my mind is someone that would buy a used jacket of any kind. What kind of pathetic fool buys someone's used clothing just because of the lemming badge on it? Disgusting.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
kingrukus wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 2:54 am
What really boggles my mind is someone that would buy a used jacket of any kind. What kind of pathetic fool buys someone's used clothing just because of the lemming badge on it? Disgusting.
It's a jacket, not their undies.
Do they also just buy it ONLY for the badge? Hm..
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1294 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 3:02 am
It's a jacket, not their undies.
Do they also just buy it ONLY for the badge? Hm..
YES

I'd say 99.99999& of kids in high school and or university - most of whom presumably are on a budget of some sort - buy a Canada Goose jacket 110% for the badge and nothing else but.

In many cases, the ( flawed ) rationale being, if you're in high school and or university and don't own a Canada Goose jacket, you're a loser.

In other words, getting a Canada Goose jacket is all about people wanting to create an false image of themselves, and to seek the approval of others...to ' fit in ', to ' buy into ' the lemming herd mentality as it were......in fact, a lot of people buy BMWs for the same reason. ;)

I was in a Tim's over the holidays - saw 7 or so university aged kids at a few tables hunched over incessantly texting like mad on their smart phones - all of them had Canada Goose jackets with them. What does that sad scenario tell you ?
" The placebo effect is the most powerful supplement of all "
" The pain of discipline weighs ounces, the pain of neglect weighs tons "
" The best training in the world can't overcome a lousy diet "
TRAIN HARD !!!!
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
poedua wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2013 8:23 am
YES

I'd say 99.99999& of kids in high school and or university - most of whom presumably are on a budget of some sort - buy a Canada Goose jacket 110% for the badge and nothing else but.

In many cases, the ( flawed ) rationale being, if you're in high school and or university and don't own a Canada Goose jacket, you're a loser.

In other words, getting a Canada Goose jacket is all about people wanting to create an false image of themselves, and to seek the approval of others...to ' fit in ', to ' buy into ' the lemming herd mentality as it were......in fact, a lot of people buy BMWs for the same reason. ;)

I was in a Tim's over the holidays - saw 7 or so university aged kids at a few tables hunched over incessantly texting like mad on their smart phones - all of them had Canada Goose jackets with them. What does that sad scenario tell you ?
Lol we need someone in that Tim's with a versace jacket to put them in their place
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Banned
Jan 4, 2009
2765 posts
199 upvotes
Is it just me or do you guys see this group of people everywhere in Markham?

i swear i saw the second guy to the left (or was it the gangster sign crouching guy?) at least 16x over the holidays. It was weird because I would see him shopping in a store then turn around and see him again. I think they has magical powers.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2003
4935 posts
95 upvotes
They just end up looking the same.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3404 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
When i was up north 2 years ago. I seen someone wearing uggs in that heatwave. +40 that day lol. One of my friends came back from china. He seen people wearing Canada goose jackets in 30 degree weather lol.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
poedua wrote:
Jan 1st, 2013 12:32 pm
So does ' layering '. ;)
I don't have a CG, but I hate layering. Yes it's warm and you can take off layers, but I hate wearing layers because it restricts my movement and feels bulky. Loose layering just looks horrible, slim fitting clothes layered makes me feel like tin man. We aren't going to the arctic or outdoors much, a easy tshirt under a CG or similar jacket is best for comfort and warmth I find.
× < >