Expired Hot Deals

[Canadian Tire] FactoryDirect:Robo Sweeper Cordless Floor Sweeper(Roomba clone)-$7.77w/coupon($19.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2013 1:24 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10528 posts

[Canadian Tire] FactoryDirect:Robo Sweeper Cordless Floor Sweeper(Roomba clone)-$7.77w/coupon($19.99)

FactoryDirect.ca and Factory Direct stores are selling the Robo Sweeper Cordless Floor Sweeper (a Roomba clone) for $7.77 (after using the Coupon)

NOTE: Coupon is valid only until February 10th, 2013 (so today is your last day to get the deal)

Regular Retail price is $19.99

Here is the product link page:
http://www.factorydirect.ca/Canada-Onta ... 74006625/0

Here is the direct link to the $7.77 discount coupon (Valid until Feb 10, 2013, while supplies last. Limit 1 per customer):

http://www.factorydirect.ca/PrintableCo ... x?id=11170

Note: This robot sweeper seems to work on tile, hardwood
and laminate floors only, no mention of carpets.

Packing Details : Retail Boxed

Product Details:
-Let the Robo Sweeper do the cleaning
-Robo Vacuum cleans every inch of floor space while you are out so you come home to a
clean house.
-Powerful sweeper removes dust, dirt, debris, pet hair, and allergens from tile, hardwood
and laminate floors.

-Quiet operation.

Built-in sensors:
-Detects furniture to prevent accidents.
-Triggers Robo Sweeper to change direction to ensure it avoids hitting objects and never
gets stuck and remains within designated spaces.

-Dimensions: 10 1/4" x 3 1/4".
-Requires four AA batteries, not included. (You can use your Eneloop/Duraloop Rechargable AA batteries with this ;) )

I thought I would share this for those of you who might want it and get at a good price. I don't have one as I already have a Roomba 400, so not sure how well these perform but for $7.77 you can give it a shot.

Anyone who has purchased/used this, please share your feedback/experience with us here.

Cheers! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
6 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10528 posts
smacd wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:07 am
This product is not a vacuum. It's a sweeper that uses expensive pads that just push the dirt around. It's a useless waste of money! http://www.amazon.com/Ideaworks-Robo-Sw ... B005V1QJYE
Never used or heard of this thing myself before....but didn't expect it like this. I thought it would sweep up dirt into a built-in compartment. Thanks for your feedback.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1106 posts
iRobot Roomba is still the best on the market. Granted WAY more expensive, but this thing is just a novelty and a waste of $$!
Mar 10, 2012
155 posts
Revblonde wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 3:09 am
iRobot Roomba is still the best on the market. Granted WAY more expensive, but this thing is just a novelty and a waste of $$!
Roomba doesnt even compare to the neato xv-11/21... I've owned both and would never go back to the mindless bumping into walls and vacuuming the same spot 50 times. Xv-11 goes over everything once and maps the room out. Loud but i run it when im out anyway.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4905 posts
Stoney Creek
First, this POS is NOT a Roomba clone at all. Clone means it's a copy.

Also, I own both a Neato and a Roomba and I can't really recommend one over the other. The Neato is much more efficient in that it maps out the room, but since it is only going over everything once, it doesn't always do a thorough job of cleaning since the air blowing out of the vacuum can blow hair/debris onto an already cleaned area of the floor that will not be covered again. Also, the Neato sucks ;) at edges. Since it has no spinning side brush, it leaves a gap of anywhere from 1 to 3 inches of untouched floor around baseboards.

The Roomba with the latest Aerovac bin and cleaning brush module is MUCH improved over previous generations but is still "dumb" in that it just blindly bounces around and there's no guarantee it's going to cover the entire floor. It does however have the side brush, so the floor at the bottom of the baseboards is always cleaned. I find it's also better at cleaning carpets since it has a beater brush whereas the Neato only has a single rubber squeegee type. The Roomba is also round, so I find it can get in and out of tighter spaces better.
Mar 30, 2011
2341 posts
Some people need to understand the concept of saving money in the long run.

For example, I can buy a ***** dollar store pair of shoes for $10 that will last me two months or I can buy Nike's for $80 that will last me 18 months. You may save money in the immediate but over a longer period of time you'll end up spending more. Also, one has to take into account the overall enjoyment of the shoes and the hassles of having to constantly purchase more.

tl;dr quality+price > price
× < >