Computers & Electronics

Fairchild TV. How To Get Aside from Rogers Cable?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 7:25 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
42407 posts
3089 upvotes
Richmond Hill
geokilla wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2012 1:54 am
TVB news = mainly HK news. Not exactly focusing on Toronto and Canada....
Are your parents Cantonese-only? For mine, they're perfectly fine with watching CP24 for local news, it's just the HK flavour that's missing, so personally I cover my bases.

People actually watch Fairchild's Wednesday night production? It sucks, IMO. I have all the TVB variety shows covered as well so I might as well be running TVB at home :D
***Bosch GLL1P Bright Single Line and Point Combination Laser $25***
Silver Coins | Bosch Combination Laser | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Feb 10, 2007
538 posts
37 upvotes
Oakville
geokilla wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2012 3:12 pm
Does anyone know how I can get Fairchild TV aside from Rogers Cable? It sucks paying $20/month....
To actually answer the OP's question, your options to receive Fairchild TV in GTA are as follows:

- Rogers Cable
- Shaw Direct: $20.29/month
- Bell TV: $9.14/mo or $10.15/month with Talentvision as a combo
- Bell Fibe: unsure of pricing

As previously stated, Fairchild is NOT available on OTA or FTA satellite at this time.

So it looks like Bell is offering the better deal for this channel.

Regards,

PwrSurge
Banned
Sep 5, 2006
240 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
PwrSurge wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2012 10:53 pm
To actually answer the OP's question, your options to receive Fairchild TV in GTA are as follows:

- Rogers Cable

As previously stated, Fairchild is NOT available on OTA or FTA satellite at this time.

Regards,

PwrSurge
Isn't the bell package an add on on top of their packages so technically it'll cost more than $10/month?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14522 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
PwrSurge wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2012 10:53 pm

- Rogers Cable

Regards,

PwrSurge
Fib TV w/Fairchild and Talentvision (forced as a package) would cost $10.15/month + basic package ($35.96+bell internet+government regulatory fees+network service charge+ data transmission fee+equipment liability insurance+mandatory ontario technological upgrade tax+irregular customer discharge prevention charge+installation ongoing fee+initial installation fees+last line network upgrade maintenance+LCPMAT: local provider multicultural agreement tax+911 fee+customer premium services fee+media consumption prepaid charge for internet subscribers+HST)
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
2921 posts
78 upvotes
+1, I've been trying to figure out a way as well. It's safe to say that the big telcos have capitalized on Fairchild since it's inception. Their shows are very outdated and only improved slightly recently due to a some of the HK entertainment crew immigrating to Canada. Even so, Toronto's Fairchild crew still cannot match those of Vancouver no matter if it is the broadcast crew to the events themselves (especially the beauty pageants). The theme is lacking in creativity, the styling of the pageants are horrible (makes them look ugly instead), and no part of the show brings out any beauty to these ladies who are going to be sent back to HK for further competition.

I recall watching the beauty pageant about 1-2 years ago and these poor contestants were forced to wear these chained dresses on top skinny tall high heels and watched them struggle (some almost fell) while trying to walk down the stairs on the stage to reach the microphone during the questionnaire session. It's an eye sore. Yet, they're still getting away with it year after year.
My Feedbacks: My Heatware Ebay
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11056 posts
2007 upvotes
tvpad + omni2
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2521 posts
85 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Jul 17th, 2012 2:18 am
tvpad + omni2
tvpad

i cancelled my rogers tv because my parent only watch the fair child and not worth paying over $70+ for a monthly fee
It's a deal if it's on RFD :!: :!:
Oct 15, 2012
1 posts
RICHMOND HILL
I don't have cable TV, but I got TVpad, will install OTA to get OMNI 2 news. TVpad gives me live TVB & ATV. unlimited TVB drama. That's all I need.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13112 posts
2548 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ugh.. TVPad doesn't have Fairchild. My mom needs Fairchild. No alternatives allowed... So wut gei.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6547 posts
260 upvotes
Markham
geokilla wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2012 1:10 pm
Ugh.. TVPad doesn't have Fairchild. My mom needs Fairchild. No alternatives allowed... So wut gei.
Why? Toronto news in Chinese?

Wait 2-3 years to watch a TV show on Fairchild or watch it right now on the TVPad (either VOD or on the live TVB). Your choice.
This space for rent
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13112 posts
2548 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Mr Nobody wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2012 2:40 pm
Why? Toronto news in Chinese?

Wait 2-3 years to watch a TV show on Fairchild or watch it right now on the TVPad (either VOD or on the live TVB). Your choice.
Because she is stubborn as hell and wants the Fairchild TV production shows that are not TVB produced. She can care less about dramas as I download them.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2009
1275 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
is the TVPad your alternative to cable TV?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9419 posts
536 upvotes
Markham
geokilla wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2012 3:18 pm
Because she is stubborn as hell and wants the Fairchild TV production shows that are not TVB produced. She can care less about dramas as I download them.
If she wants to watch those shows then pay for cable. People don't work for free.
:lol: