Parenting & Family

Locked: fake marriage for immigration papers

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 9:41 am
[OP]
Oct 19, 2016
26 posts

fake marriage for immigration papers

OK guys heres the deal, shes from latin america and graduated from medical school. I've been with her for 3 years, we do not live together. She's a hard working, honest, great woman and this marriage was my idea to help her. In reality, I do not really want to be married and she knows this. The reason why she has to leave Canada is she has failed her English residency exam three times and her post grad visa is about to expire and she will have to leave. Her English skills are fine I think the system is BS considering she wants to practice medicine here but thats another story. So heres the deal, I will marry her so she can get her papers but I DO NOT want to live together. Yes, I want to manipulate the system HOWEVER she is a productive member of society not a welfare queen, shes a great person who deserves this. My question is will the immigration officials deny her papers? Will they want us to live together etc? Look the way I see it is there are no rules of what defines marriage other than its a union between two people. The fact my marriage would be an usual one, is nobodies business correct? As long as I can convince immigration that our relationship is real and we want to be married, thats all that matter I think.

what do you all think? will this work? TBH if it doesnt I don't really care but I want to try to help her. Once she gets her papers im pretty sure we can get divorced and they cannot take it away from her. From what I know the system is pretty much a joke. Btw, I know all the financial risks etc should this turn south, but believe me im not a moron she will not screw me over shes a great girl and a very honest person i'm actually the one who started talking about this.
Last edited by EricoChico99 on May 19th, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Share:
13 replies
Penalty Box
Apr 30, 2017
75 posts
12 upvotes
Dont know the if, ands or buts to it, but hats off to you bro. Its your life and if you feel this is the right thing to do and your sure you want to do it, then do it. Dont let anyone else tell you any different. **** what they think. You can define what your marriage is and why your doing it. **** the system.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14049 posts
2326 upvotes
Toronto
Stupid move. Don't be worried just about her screwing you over. Worry about getting arrested.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2016
26 posts
EugW wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:26 am
Stupid move. Don't be worried just about her screwing you over. Worry about getting arrested.
no one gets arrested and how can they prove it unless they have hard evidence? A stupid move would be planning a bank robbery. Heck, for all they know im a sucker and shes manipulating me into marriage and im a victim. I want hard facts here not speculation.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
14049 posts
2326 upvotes
Toronto
EricoChico99 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:32 am
no one gets arrested and how can they prove it unless they have hard evidence? A stupid move would be planning a bank robbery. Heck, for all they know im a sucker and shes manipulating me into marriage and im a victim. I want hard facts here not speculation.
You can be charged with a criminal offence for marriage fraud. How can they find out? Easy. Immigration can put the screws to her and she capitulates and tells the truth (because she's a nice honest person after all). Then you are ****ed.

Don't be a moron.
[OP]
Oct 19, 2016
26 posts
EugW wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:52 am
You can be charged with a criminal offence for marriage fraud. How can they find out? Easy. Immigration can put the screws to her and she capitulates and tells the truth (because she's a nice honest person after all). Then you are ****ed.

Don't be a moron.
good point....she could crack under interrogation.
Feb 10, 2010
724 posts
192 upvotes
Ajax, ON
EricoChico99 wrote:
May 19th, 2017 1:32 am
The system is a joke and clowns like you make it worst.

Your thread is about committing an immigration fraud and last time I check is against the rules threads abt illegal activities. Reported.
Penalty Box
Apr 30, 2017
75 posts
12 upvotes
ToDealHunter wrote:
May 19th, 2017 3:18 am
The system is a joke and clowns like you make it worst.

Your thread is about committing an immigration fraud and last time I check is against the rules threads abt illegal activities. Reported.
I dont know why but Im picturing a nerdy white or asian dude with glasses and hair to the side scurrying to taddle-tale.

"Reported".......LOLOLOL
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
2394 posts
974 upvotes
Actually there are legal definitions for marriage and if you are maintaining separate residences you would be considered legally separated.

You would be committing fraud. People like you are the reason that people in this situation who actually want to get and be married face such scrutiny.

If she wants to stay here in Canada then she needs to follow the rules and apply to immigrate here. Just like everybody else.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2006
4329 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
The marriage sponsorship rules have change recently, When you petition your spouse, he/she is now consider conditional immigrant for 2 years and both of you have to submit documents after 2 years for spouse to becomes a permanent resident. Op's if you have $ to gamble on her then go ahead but think about the consequence of your action.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2406 posts
550 upvotes
Montreal
OP, here's why you shouldn't go through with it :

1. You run a very real risk of getting arrested if she confesses and/or they link this thread to you.

2. The sponsorship system is intended to reunite legitimate couples who want to live together.

If you really love this girl then start by living together and see if that works out.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3861 posts
966 upvotes
cgtlky wrote:
May 19th, 2017 9:06 am
The marriage sponsorship rules have change recently, When you petition your spouse, he/she is now consider conditional immigrant for 2 years and both of you have to submit documents after 2 years for spouse to becomes a permanent resident. Op's if you have $ to gamble on her then go ahead but think about the consequence of your action.
Not anymore, Selfie rescinded it.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
May 28, 2012
9394 posts
1757 upvotes
Saskatoon
Troll thread