• Jun 10th, 2019 6:47 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7839 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga

Fake nurse in Quebec discovered and fired — after 20 years on the job

So this individual managed to fool the hospital for twenty years. The hospital takes no accountability for not doing a proper background check for the past twenty years. And instead puts the full blame on the nurse for being a scam artist. Not only that, the hospital cannot admit that the nurse was competent or find flaw while employed.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... he-job/amp
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2950 posts
2340 upvotes
No where in this article does it state what happens to her pension and benefits.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1383 posts
404 upvotes
Montreal, QC
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:12 pm
No where in this article does it state what happens to her pension and benefits.
i don't know either. will she lose out? probably but it'll be up to the court to decide that one
Raggie wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:16 pm
Here's a better article:. https://dailyhive.com/montreal/quebec-w ... -jonquiere

So CIUSSs are looking to sue her. However I think it's the hospital that should be sued.
they will be sued. all those patients that was under her care, if i was them, i'd sue the hell out
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
16905 posts
2640 upvotes
Toronto
So this is a country where the incompetent rise to political leadership with no qualifications whatsoever, but a competent nurse with 20 years of services gets fired and demonized for not being part of a rent-seeking guild. Good to know the rules are structured to benefit society as a whole and totally make sense.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7839 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 8:53 am
So this is a country where the incompetent rise to political leadership with no qualifications whatsoever, but a competent nurse with 20 years of services gets fired and demonized for not being part of a rent-seeking guild. Good to know the rules are structured to benefit society as a whole and totally make sense.
Agreed. She's more probably skilled and experienced than those fresh out of school.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5484 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Are we going to deport this man/lady too bec he/she was working hard? Lol
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
3600 posts
545 upvotes
test9251 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 9:34 am
Yes if they are here illegally .
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9787 posts
1237 upvotes
Toronto
test9251 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 9:34 am
Are you referring to the kid that was driving for uber? He broke the rules and has to suffer the consequences of that.

Too bad.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5484 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 10:40 am
Are you referring to the kid that was driving for uber? He broke the rules and has to suffer the consequences of that.

Too bad.
i was referring to that student truck driver
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
2370 posts
149 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 11:02 pm
So this individual managed to fool the hospital for twenty years. The hospital takes no accountability for not doing a proper background check for the past twenty years. And instead puts the full blame on the nurse for being a scam artist. Not only that, the hospital cannot admit that the nurse was competent or find flaw while employed.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local- ... he-job/amp
OP this story reminds me of Montreal cops using patrol car for long time. Which they found out was stolen or from chop shop.
But hey its Montreal. The city above law. The politics dont care and politics dont care or even Mayor dot care. But some people will prefer Experienced but an illegal unlicensed lawyer, do actor, nurse, cops over licensed and qualified
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
(borrowed)Not enough bans and the howling monkeys start up about them promoting hate and whatever. howling monkeys or hall monitors?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8535 posts
8754 upvotes
callernamet wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 10:47 am
OP this story reminds me of Montreal cops using patrol car for long time. Which they found out was stolen or from chop shop.
But hey its Montreal. The city above law. The politics dont care and politics dont care or even Mayor dot care. But some people will prefer Experienced but an illegal unlicensed lawyer, do actor, nurse, cops over licensed and qualified
Very disappointing that we're politicizing the free choices of men and business owners in society.

The board representation problem is one of interest, there are many sectors where the number of qualified women to men is so few that elevating them to board positions renders the position feckless or their influence maladaptive to the organization. There is already token representation for underqualified women in many large corporate boards.

It seems no one wants to crack open the multi-decade research on interest and disposition between men and women before assuming we're both the same and building policy around that dogma.

God help us if the conservatives aren't elected in 2019.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8535 posts
8754 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 11:13 am
The feds have qualified cabinet ministers though thankfully
For a StatsGuy, you're remarkably woke in the worst sense of the word. Most psychometricians at least beat around the bush when delivering uncomfortable nuggets of knowledge. You seem to pretend that this discomforting knowledge doesn't exist.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
2370 posts
149 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 11:23 am
Very disappointing that we're politicizing the free choices of men and business owners in society.

The board representation problem is one of interest, there are many sectors where the number of qualified women to men is so few that elevating them to board positions renders the position feckless or their influence maladaptive to the organization. There is already token representation for underqualified women in many large corporate boards.

It seems no one wants to crack open the multi-decade research on interest and disposition between men and women before assuming we're both the same and building policy around that dogma.

God help us if the conservatives aren't elected in 2019.
I agree. sorry about that. But other esteem fiction writer brought politics in this. So blame him/her.
And your last line contradictions what you said in first. And none in between has any connection to OP. The nurse was not licensed right? what your post has anything to with OP?
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
(borrowed)Not enough bans and the howling monkeys start up about them promoting hate and whatever. howling monkeys or hall monitors?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
8535 posts
8754 upvotes
callernamet wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2019 1:06 pm
I agree. sorry about that. But other esteem fiction writer brought politics in this. So blame him/her.
And your last line contradictions what you said in first. And none in between has any connection to OP. The nurse was not licensed right? what your post has anything to with OP?
I have no opinion on the nurse other than the letter of the law should be followed.

I'm responding to the link posted about Trudeau dumping $1 billion into anti-freedom feminist activism. I suspected you and I agree on the generalities, my post was more for the general audience.

Next time I'll aim for greater clarity on my subject matter and intended audience.

I should add, my apologies for the miscommunication.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jun 2nd, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.