[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2009
1386 posts
104 upvotes
Niagara Falls

Fall Babymoon Ideas

Hey all,

My wife & I are looking at taking a mini getaway this fall. She will be 6.5 months pregnant so it will be a relaxed vibe type of babymoon. We’re looking to go for 3-4 nights. Somewhere where there wouldn’t be a lot of walking.

We looked into Chicago, Boston but the prices for a 4+ star hotel is insane around mid to late October. Then realized those destinations may involve a lot of walking.

We’d like to stay within North America. We’ve already been to NYC, MTL & Vegas.

Any suggestions?
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9973 posts
7261 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Nurse2B wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 9:49 pm
Hey all,

My wife & I are looking at taking a mini getaway this fall. She will be 6.5 months pregnant so it will be a relaxed vibe type of babymoon. We’re looking to go for 3-4 nights. Somewhere where there wouldn’t be a lot of walking.

We looked into Chicago, Boston but the prices for a 4+ star hotel is insane around mid to late October. Then realized those destinations may involve a lot of walking.

Any suggestions?
Hotel Prices have skyrocketed as of late.
But it is what it is ... especially if your destination is a city, or well known Tourist Attraction
(All you have to do is look at your own Niagara Falls to see what I mean)

What about Quebec City ?

It’s a very romantic destination any time of year.

The upper & lower city is compact.

So although it’s a city that is good for a walking tourist
It’s doable in short spurts too
More so if you stay at the ever popular Chateau Frontenac, right at the tip of Upper Town
It’s convenient for a lot of restaurants & tourist sites

Lol, you could just ... hang out at the hotel for most of the break
And I am quite certain your wife would be quite happy

Want to go further than a few blocks ?
There’s the funicular to Lower Town right off the Boardwalk
Or cabs & Uber
Or a caleche ride for a romantic bit of sightseeing
And speaking of Capital Cities

There’s also Ottawa

Downtown Touristy area is pretty compact
Public transit & cabs easy to use / come by

And tons to see... with all the Museums etc.

Lol, it also has its mini version of the Chateau Frontenac... it’s sister the Chateau Laurier
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10348 posts
2623 upvotes
Markham
Banff? It may be getting chilly or snow by then.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2253 posts
1368 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Southern California?

Phoenix / Scottsdale?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1007 posts
643 upvotes
GTA West
Nurse2B wrote:
Aug 24th, 2019 9:49 pm
Hey all,

Any suggestions?
I have personally been looking at Washington DC for a fall trip. Among the things I really want to see is the new museum of African-American history. There is just so much to see and do there, and the weather looks comfortable with average daytime temp of 21C in October. There seems to be a really good visitor infrastructure and local tour options to keep you off your feet if you want. I have Hilton "family and friends membership", so I am looking for availability at those rates in an attractive location. Hilton Canopy on the wharf looks interesting and the rack rates start at around $250 and go up. That looks like a 4-star property, although we have not stayed at a Canopy before.
Aug 3, 2017
155 posts
83 upvotes
Nashville, San Diego and Las Vegas are all good options for the time of year you want. For cheaper hotel prices, mid-week in Vegas is a great option. US hotel prices with the exchange rate can be tough to stomach. Good luck.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
10658 posts
1690 upvotes
Toronto
13inches wrote:
Aug 25th, 2019 9:16 am
TIL what a babymoon is.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Babymoon

Hmmm maybe, but I just took at as last trip without worrying about having kid arounr. 2nd trimester is best because less morning sickness and generally mobile, without worrying about unexpected early labour in 3rd trimester.

Now those baby reveals or co-ed babyshowers are a millennial thing.

If I could, I would do Savannah Georgia. Historical, old South. Look at the pics as well as things to do. Beautiful scenery and setting.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1667 posts
341 upvotes
New Orleans? Warmer weather. Good eats. Somewhat different. Contribute by providing tourism income to help them rebound from Katrina.

Also just a friendly reminder to have your travel insurance ready and get read the terms inside out before going. Make sure the wifey is clear of "pre-existing conditions". If anything unexpected happens, touch wood, can easily bankrupt someone in the states.