• Oct 20th, 2009 6:49 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 3, 2008
385 posts
44 upvotes

Fall Nature photo help

I'm planning on taking some time this week or next to go out and shoot the tree's changing colours/nature-ish stuff.

Just wondering if anyone knows good places around the GTA, I live in Markham but drive so anywhere within 45mins would be great.
Also are there any tips for shooting this kind of stuff? I'm a noob when it comes to photography...

At my disposal is
xsi
kit lens
10-22
70-200 f4 non is
24-70 non is

thanks in advance!
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7941 posts
1006 upvotes
Georgie336 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2009 3:27 pm
I'm planning on taking some time this week or next to go out and shoot the tree's changing colours/nature-ish stuff.

Just wondering if anyone knows good places around the GTA, I live in Markham but drive so anywhere within 45mins would be great.
Also are there any tips for shooting this kind of stuff? I'm a noob when it comes to photography...

At my disposal is
xsi
kit lens
10-22
70-200 f4 non is
24-70 non is

thanks in advance!
I took a walk in the East Don Parklands this Saturday, although it's still pretty green there but that's what the white balance and hue sliders are for hahaha.

I would also leave everything but the 10-22 home. I pretty much shot 99% of my photos at the 17 end of my 17-55 and I was still craving to go wider :D
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1564 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto
Jump on Highway 7 and head east towards Brooklyn/Brooklin.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2850 posts
124 upvotes
Markham
Drive anywhere north of where you are.
The Oak Ridges Moraine stretches from Yonge to 404 North of Stouffville side road.

Drive up Kennedy or Warden to see some wonderful trees, farms, animals, corn fields etc...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2008
1666 posts
206 upvotes
Georgie336 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2009 3:27 pm

At my disposal is
xsi
kit lens
10-22
70-200 f4 non is
24-70 non is

thanks in advance!
Try Forks of the Credit area, I went there last year during early spring.
You'll find many long desolate roads like this

[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9103/imgp6812.jpg[/IMG]
Mar 2, 2005
999 posts
2 upvotes
Whittamore's farm has a lot of fall harvest such as pumpkins everywhere. lovely colours
Flickr

Toronto lifestyle wedding photography
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5728 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
You'd better make it quick North O the City, Uxbridge is at around 80% changed, and of those 20% have lost a good portion of their leaves.

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1877 posts
122 upvotes
Grab yourself a polarizing filter for at least one of the wide lens. It'll really make the sky and clouds pop. When you use it turn until you get the maximum contrast. Normally this results in much deeper blue in the sky.

I just went on a hiking trip this past weekend. The leafs aren't really all that great this year it seems. We went up north to McCrae Lake near Barrie.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastiani ... 483961075/
[OP]
Dec 3, 2008
385 posts
44 upvotes
thanks for the help guys, i'm probably going to hit up whitamore's farm. i guess i can get a pumpkin while im there haha.
i'll also try to go north if i get a chance, the fork credit place seems nice but a little far and so is brooklin.
i'll be sure to bring a polarizing filter