Travel

Family friendly resort in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 2:41 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 2, 2006
391 posts
19 upvotes

Family friendly resort in Phoenix/Scottsdale?

We are a family of 4 with two boys ages 22 months and 3 months. Looking to get away from Canadian winter for a few days in late November. Thinking of going to Phoenix / Scottsdale. Do RFDers have any suggestions for a family friendly resort? Not sure if we need a suite with kitchen but it would seem easier to feed the boys with one.

Thank you!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1101 posts
358 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
crustydragon wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:05 pm
We are a family of 4 with two boys ages 22 months and 3 months. Looking to get away from Canadian winter for a few days in late November. Thinking of going to Phoenix / Scottsdale. Do RFDers have any suggestions for a family friendly resort? Not sure if we need a suite with kitchen but it would seem easier to feed the boys with one.

Thank you!
Arizona Grand in Phoenix had a nice waterpark included in the rates. No idea if they are open in the winter- I've only been to this area in the Fall/Winter.

In Scottsdale I've stayed at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess a few times and enjoyed it. There's a really nice pool area there too with water slides, splash pad etc.
Last edited by BrunetteGirl on Nov 8th, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 2, 2006
391 posts
19 upvotes
Thank you. Will look into your suggestions.

We were thinking airbnb or VRBO but probably easier just to stay at a resort type accommodation.

*EDIT* Looks like Arizona Grand's water park is closed for the winter.
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:17 pm
Arizona Grand in Phoenix had a nice watermark included in the rates. No idea if they are open in the winter- I've only been to this are in the Fall/Winter.

In Scottsdale I've stayed at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess a few times and enjoyed it. There's a really nice pool area there too with water slides, splash pad etc.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7878 posts
565 upvotes
We stayed at the Westin 1 year in Nov in PHX with our 1 year old at the time.

1) Nov is cool. Temps hover between 10-low20C. Water stuff may be too cold.
2) if you go to he grand canyon, with the elevation, the temperature drops significantly. We hit a snow storm on the way up. The canyon was snow covered and sub zero.
3) have fun!
[OP]
Apr 2, 2006
391 posts
19 upvotes
Thank you.

It looks like some hotels have organized kids programs but at least ages 5 and up so we can't participate. Maybe some pool time if the water isn't too cold or we can find a place with heated pool.

We probably won't head out to the Grand Canyon. Maybe next time when kids can appreciate travelling more.
Stock R wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 1:07 pm
We stayed at the Westin 1 year in Nov in PHX with our 1 year old at the time.

1) Nov is cool. Temps hover between 10-low20C. Water stuff may be too cold.
2) if you go to he grand canyon, with the elevation, the temperature drops significantly. We hit a snow storm on the way up. The canyon was snow covered and sub zero.
3) have fun!