• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 6:21 pm
[OP]
Apr 20, 2017
86 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal

Family photography organizing/archiving workflow

Here's my problem. I take photos with a DSLR, a point-and-shoot camera, an iPhone and also some film. My wife uses mostly her iPhone and the same point-and-shoot.
I import all my photos in Lightroom and go from there. The wife doesn't use a computer, only uses an iPad so she asks me now and then to download all the images.
I'm looking for some setup that would allow both of us to download the images from cards and have the images available on all devices. Is there anything apart from expensive NAS solutions?

How do you guys organize your family photo collections?
Cheers!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1362 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
contva wrote:
Nov 21st, 2017 5:17 pm
Here's my problem. I take photos with a DSLR, a point-and-shoot camera, an iPhone and also some film. My wife uses mostly her iPhone and the same point-and-shoot.
I import all my photos in Lightroom and go from there. The wife doesn't use a computer, only uses an iPad so she asks me now and then to download all the images.
I'm looking for some setup that would allow both of us to download the images from cards and have the images available on all devices. Is there anything apart from expensive NAS solutions?

How do you guys organize your family photo collections?
Cheers!
The cheapest and easiest solution would be to just use an external portable drive. They are small and you can even take them with you when you travel. I don't know if those work on Iphones...perhaps by now they don't have any connectors lol as they keep removing everything every year to make space for more brittle glass :)
Dmitri Markine Wedding Photography: My 500pix||My Flickr||My Pinterest||My Instagram