Art and Photography

Family portraits package - any recommendations?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 4:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 26, 2016
69 posts
12 upvotes

Family portraits package - any recommendations?

Looking for a family portrait package(not sure if this is the right term?) On the west end of the city. My first pick was gonna be Sears but was wondering how if anyone can recommend a few for a good price/quality? Looking mainly for in-studio but also open to an outdoor session
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9836 posts
4206 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I would avoid Sears/Walmart, it reminds me of blotchy muslin backgrounds and poor standard studio lighting.

Look for a good environmental photog who will take your family to one of your favourite places, or to somewhere nice. One who knows how to pose, put families in triangles, multiple points of contact, direct members so it looks candid, and make everyone laugh to get a genuine expression. I tried to put all those elements here at their family cottage. I'm not looking for business, just my humble opinion from what I've learned from courses and what you should look for in someone's portfolio.

[OP]
Apr 26, 2016
69 posts
12 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
Jul 30th, 2017 12:25 pm
I would avoid Sears/Walmart, it reminds me of blotchy muslin backgrounds and poor standard studio lighting.

Look for a good environmental photog who will take your family to one of your favourite places, or to somewhere nice. One who knows how to pose, put families in triangles, multiple points of contact, direct members so it looks candid, and make everyone laugh to get a genuine expression. I tried to put all those elements here at their family cottage. I'm not looking for business, just my humble opinion from what I've learned from courses and what you should look for in someone's portfolio.

Thank you very much. Anybody you have worked with that's you'd recommend?