Group Buys

Family Spotify Group Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 12:58 pm
Jul 17, 2007
8 posts
1 upvote
Milton, Ontario
If anyone is starting a new group, I would like to join. Please message me.
Jan 31, 2008
60 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I'm also interested in a Group buy. Please contact me.
Sep 30, 2008
825 posts
477 upvotes
Pickering
I'm in for 1 if anyone is starting a group. Located in GTA. Feel free to quote/reply or PM me.
Oct 3, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
I will start a group for those who are interested as soon as I can put one together.

If you're interested in joining, please PM me with your email and I will provide you with details about payment and my contact information.

Once payment is received, I will confirm that you have been added. It's $34 per year. Payment by Interac e-transfer please.

I will update list as people join

Spot #1: Myself
Spot #2: theshowman - PAID
Spot #3: savuka - PAID
Spot #4: ruban2642 - PAID
Spot #5: cityprowler - PAID
Spot #6: Purelife - PAID

Group is full and CLOSED!
Last edited by beamerjn on Feb 7th, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dec 13, 2005
69 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
Hi,

I am interested in two spots if anyone is looking for a group buy.

Thank you!
Dec 17, 2017
58 posts
18 upvotes
I am interested in 1 spot if anyone is starting a group. Please pm me. Thanks :)
Feb 7, 2018
1 posts
Montreal
I'm also interested if anyone is starting a group. Please PM me! Thanks.
Jul 17, 2007
8 posts
1 upvote
Milton, Ontario
I am still interested in joining a group. Please PM.
Dec 17, 2017
58 posts
18 upvotes
For those who have started a group for Spotify. Would you guys mind sharing what steps you took to set up please? Are there any cons do being the one who starts the group? Thanks
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11094 posts
3446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dealz101 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 2:40 pm
For those who have started a group for Spotify. Would you guys mind sharing what steps you took to set up please? Are there any cons do being the one who starts the group? Thanks
1. Get 5 people to commit to a slot. Get payment from them. Spotify will charge you monthly but if you plan on running the group for a year, then better to get a year's payment from each person upfront.
2. Go on Spotify.com and start a subscription for "Premium for Family". During the sign-up, you'll be asked for an address. It doesn't necessarily need to be your actual address. It just needs to be consistent with all the "family members".
3. You'll have to confirm your payment details (either credit card or Paypal). You'll be charged monthly.
4. Once you have the subscription started, you can invite the people who paid to the family plan. You'll need their name and email address in order to send them the email invite. Their names are not important (can be anything). But the email needs to be correct. You'll have to give them the address you used to sign up for the family plan. They need to use the same address/postal code when they confirm the invite.
5. Once they get the email invite and confirmed they will show up on the list of family members on your subscription page.

That's pretty much it.
Dec 17, 2017
58 posts
18 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:17 pm
1. Get 5 people to commit to a slot. Get payment from them. Spotify will charge you monthly but if you plan on running the group for a year, then better to get a year's payment from each person upfront.
2. Go on Spotify.com and start a subscription for "Premium for Family". During the sign-up, you'll be asked for an address. It doesn't necessarily need to be your actual address. It just needs to be consistent with all the "family members".
3. You'll have to confirm your payment details (either credit card or Paypal). You'll be charged monthly.
4. Once you have the subscription started, you can invite the people who paid to the family plan. You'll need their name and email address in order to send them the email invite. Their names are not important (can be anything). But the email needs to be correct. You'll have to give them the address you used to sign up for the family plan. They need to use the same address/postal code when they confirm the invite.
5. Once they get the email invite and confirmed they will show up on the list of family members on your subscription page.

That's pretty much it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain everthing. Can you please tell me what are the steps you take at the end of the 12 months, with regards to everyone who is in the group. Do you send out emails the month prior asking if they want to continue and ask for payment again? If the person decides they don’t want to renew for the next year, can you remove them and add someone else? Is this easy to do? Sorry for asking so many questions. Just trying to make an informed decision. Lol or maybe/hopefully I won’t have to, hoping someone will start a new group where I just transfer the money to them :)

Also does the location of the people matter?

Thanks again