Group Buys

Family Spotify Group Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 9:28 pm
Feb 24, 2008
70 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
My 1 year subscription with a group organized here just ended a week ago.
Now I'm looking to join another group.

Not sure why everyone is wanting to join a group only if it's based in their own city/province though as it doesn't matter as long as the account owner's address is used when signing up.
Mar 13, 2015
10 posts
Laval
Hi everyone

What do you do when this happen... I have 5 people from the same province in my "family" and received an email for each of them. Still trying to find out what Spotify wants to know when they verify the account.
Images
  • Screenshot_2018-04-17-15-26-50-959_com.microsoft.office.outlook.png
Apr 4, 2017
3 posts
I am pretty sure they'd each have to go into their settings, and change the postal code so that it matches the one on your account.
May 28, 2007
797 posts
224 upvotes
chckn wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 3:13 am
My 1 year subscription with a group organized here just ended a week ago.
Now I'm looking to join another group.

Not sure why everyone is wanting to join a group only if it's based in their own city/province though as it doesn't matter as long as the account owner's address is used when signing up.
Thanks for the answer. I asked this question before because I wasn't sure if it mattered if you lived in a different city/province, but, as far as I know, nobody answered the question.

Does this apply to Netflix too?
Aug 26, 2017
65 posts
24 upvotes
RCML27 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 4:47 pm
Thanks for the answer. I asked this question before because I wasn't sure if it mattered if you lived in a different city/province, but, as far as I know, nobody answered the question.

Does this apply to Netflix too?
For Netflix, you have one login with separate profiles.
May 28, 2007
797 posts
224 upvotes
skyra322 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 4:50 pm
For Netflix, you have one login with separate profiles.
So it doesn't matter if I live in a different city/province than the person who set up the account?
Aug 26, 2017
65 posts
24 upvotes
RCML27 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 5:13 pm
So it doesn't matter if I live in a different city/province than the person who set up the account?
No it doesn't. I am in Ontario and I share with a friend in Quebec.
May 28, 2007
797 posts
224 upvotes
skyra322 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 5:14 pm
No it doesn't. I am in Ontario and I share with a friend in Quebec.
Good to know. Thanks a lot. I was trying to find the answer to this for awhile now. That's why I was hesitant to sign up with a group based outside of Montreal/Quebec where I live. Didn't know if after I paid, it wouldn't work because I didn't live in the same area as the account holder.
Aug 28, 2017
2 posts
I am interested in joining a family group.

My spotify account is in Ontario. PM if there is a position.

edit: prefer online payment method such as paypal.com/xoom.com or transferwise.com
Last edited by shadww on Apr 18th, 2018 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 28, 2009
3 posts
Im interested in joining a group too.

My Spotify account is in Ontario.