Group Buys

Family Spotify Group Buy

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 7:37 am
Jul 7, 2014
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looking to join a group in the GTA area. PM me if you have a spot open!
Aug 3, 2005
298 posts
22 upvotes
looking for spot. PM if available. Paypal payment ready whenever
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1245 posts
362 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm just curious what RFD users think is fair when combining this group with the Stack deal. I personally decided just to set-up the group as if there is no Stack deal, because I still consider it risky. I don't really know if they will rebate consistently for the first year. I am thinking is what is fair, is I setup the group so that I could add my wife and son, and decided why should I have to pay more when there are still three member slots. But realistically, that means I end-up making money on the deal which I don't think is right. I think the best solution is at the end of the year see what I was actually rebated beyond the costs so I break even and apply that balance to the next year to reduce how much is needed for each members renewal next year.

But what do fellow RFD members think?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1245 posts
362 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Having now setup a group here are the gotcha's I've learned to watch out for.
  1. It is extremely important everyone enters the same address when accepting the invite. If someone makes a mistake, one way to correct it is to remove the person from the family group and send them a new invite. They will then be prompted to enter the address again when accepting the new invite. I don't know if this truly solves the problem...
  2. Interact e-Transfers seems to be a quick and easy way to transfer funds between members.
  3. If you want to be anonymous, well that will be a problem for the group organiser. Your information will be verified by the payment information. But the other members can probably create unique e-mail address and names. As long as they are consistent.
Mar 23, 2006
392 posts
87 upvotes
facebook259 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 11:37 am
I'm just curious what RFD users think is fair when combining this group with the Stack deal. I personally decided just to set-up the group as if there is no Stack deal, because I still consider it risky. I don't really know if they will rebate consistently for the first year. I am thinking is what is fair, is I setup the group so that I could add my wife and son, and decided why should I have to pay more when there are still three member slots. But realistically, that means I end-up making money on the deal which I don't think is right. I think the best solution is at the end of the year see what I was actually rebated beyond the costs so I break even and apply that balance to the next year to reduce how much is needed for each members renewal next year.

I personally would pay the regular amount. Any deals that saves you money should be yours. At the end of it, you’re taking the time to set up the group
May 2, 2008
219 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
facebook259 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 11:37 am

Personally I wouldn't mind joining a group and paying as if there was no rebate, even if I know that "organizer" is getting a rebate through Stack.
Jan 26, 2013
24 posts
29 upvotes
Looks like the group I was to be in fell through, soooo, I'm also looking for a group.
Dec 9, 2012
33 posts
11 upvotes
I am looking for one spot. Please PM me if you need one. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1119 posts
86 upvotes
I'm interested in two spots for a year.

Etransfer or PayPal awaiting.

Please pm me thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2682 posts
317 upvotes
Vancouver
Starting up a group, 5 spots available. Located in Vancouver, BC.

Would prefer the year to be paid upfront, via e-transfer, so $34 (taxes included) per person.

PM if interested.

EDIT: All spots spoken for
Last edited by litebrite on Sep 10th, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2006
1882 posts
305 upvotes
I need two more people for my plan.

PM me if interested.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)