Deal Link:
Price:
$5.49
Savings:
94%
Retailer:
Fanatical
For $4.39 you get 6 individual steam keys for some of SNK's best games:

King of Fighter XIII (ps3 era HD iteration)
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3
Shock Troopers
The Last Blade
Twinkle Star Sprites

for $5.49 you get all of the above plus

Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2

Here's a screenshot of KoFXIII in all its HD glory (it truly is beautiful with awesome animation)
Images
  • KoFXIII.jpg
9 replies
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
200 posts
311 upvotes
Quebec
Fanatical is a very reliable service like GreenManGaming or HumbleBundle and delivers legitimate keys instantly

to quote the movie The Big Lebowski : "no funny stuff"
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
45 upvotes
Burnaby
oh thats nostalgic

picked up this along with City: Skylines for $8 or so
used paypal just in case

thanks OP
Retired RFD Moderator
Jul 3, 2015
226 posts
459 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
benoittremblay wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2019 11:52 pm
Fanatical is a very reliable service like GreenManGaming or HumbleBundle and delivers legitimate keys instantly

to quote the movie The Big Lebowski : "no funny stuff"
Yep, these guys are solid.

For the fellow RFDers that remember but weren't aware of the name change, Fanatical is formerly known as "Bundle Stars".

I've bought so many random bundles off that site whenever threads popped up here lol I still play BlazeRush with my buddies whenever we get together; one of the best hidden gems ever for me that was in a really cheap bundle.
Apr 5, 2005
223 posts
237 upvotes
Dartmouth
just a warning, these are REALLY crap ports. Dotemu just slapped them in an outdated emulator and shoved them on steam.
Sep 14, 2017
129 posts
45 upvotes
Is there a service like this for Nintendo Switch games?

Would be awesome, if you could pay a price like this for a bundle and get activation codes for games on the Switch.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
200 posts
311 upvotes
Quebec
Nukkus wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 7:23 am
just a warning, these are REALLY crap ports. Dotemu just slapped them in an outdated emulator and shoved them on steam.
It's not *just* emulation, they have a decent presentation, support scanlines, different aspect ratios, controllers and smoothing

but yeah I mean of course it's emulation. At this point I don't know why we're still surprised by this.
nstlgsnv wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 7:25 am
Is there a service like this for Nintendo Switch games?

Would be awesome, if you could pay a price like this for a bundle and get activation codes for games on the Switch.
Nope, sorry. Gotta pay the Nintendo premium price

I believe Humble Bundle now has Switch games but I wouldn't hold my breath
Sep 14, 2017
129 posts
45 upvotes
benoittremblay wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 9:12 am
Nope, sorry. Gotta pay the Nintendo premium price

I believe Humble Bundle now has Switch games but I wouldn't hold my breath
Thanks, I'll have a look
Jul 28, 2010
886 posts
536 upvotes
benoittremblay wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 9:12 am
It's not *just* emulation, they have a decent presentation, support scanlines, different aspect ratios, controllers and smoothing

but yeah I mean of course it's emulation. At this point I don't know why we're still surprised by this.
Emulation can be done properly, just look at the ports companies like M2, HexaDrive or Iron Galaxy have made. DotEmu is bottom of the barrel of retro game porting studios. The only game that runs more or less accurately in this bundle is KOF XIII.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
1930 posts
616 upvotes
Edmonton
Nukkus wrote:
Mar 4th, 2019 7:23 am
I can verify this and I regret even paying the $5 for them. The Metal Slugs run really slow and choppy and are virtually unplayable.