The Welcome to RedFlagDeals.com Forum

Locked: FAQ: How to Edit Titles, Post Images, Ignore Users and much more!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2009 10:00 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 27, 2009
463 posts
127 upvotes
Gatineau

FAQ: How to Edit Titles, Post Images, Ignore Users and much more!

How do I update my thread title?
  1. Click the Image button
  2. Click the Go Advanced button (located between Save, and Delete)
  3. (optional) Enter a Reason for Editing
  4. Edit your thread title. Add/change/remove any desired Post Icon. Etc.
  5. Click Save Changes button
NOTE #1: If you only need to edit the text in your thread title, check out Post #5 below (Thanks Nukey!).

NOTE #2: You can not use special formatting, ie italics, or bold in your thread titles. Threads which are new, or have new (unread) posts will appear bold to forum members when they log in.

==============================

How do I post a picture/image?

First you need to upload the picture to a photo sharing website. Below is a list of a few popular ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ph ... g_websites

After you've uploaded your photo to one of the above sites, copy the URL to the image (right click the image in your browser and select the copy URL option). Then to inset it into a post simple paste it in-between the Image tags.

How do I ignore a user?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'.
  1. To manage your ignore list, click here.
  2. To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
Whenever you come across a post by an ignored member you will see the message:
[indent]This message is hidden because [username] is on your ignore list.[/indent]

Note: You will still have the option to view hidden posts. However, in my experience, all it does is confirm why the person was ignored in the first place. :rolleyes: If you wish to do so, just click the View Post link on the top-right corner of the ignored member's post.

How do I flip the side bar to the other side?

Did you know you can move the sidebar menu? The sidebar menu includes quick links and information to many sections of RedFlagDeals.com. In the forums you can place this menu on either the left or right side. To change it:
  1. Go to your Profile (click your username, or My Profile)
  2. On the About Me tab, click on the Image icon, next to "Sidebar menu position"
  3. Choose Left or Right, then click the Save button.

How many posts it takes for a particular title?

Here's the list:

Code: Select all

1 - 99     Newbie
  100 - 199    Jr. Member
  200 - 499    Member
  500 - 999    Sr. Member
1,000 - 4,999  Deal Addict
5,000 - 9,999  Deal Fanatic
   10,000+     Deal Guru
Currently custom titles are NOT available.

How do I change my username?

The short answer is you can't. For a longer answer, read: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/merg ... ame-508036

** If you decide to "change" your username by creating a new account, please consult with the moderators first, because having 2+ accounts is not allowed! **

[INDENT]Only one forum account is allowed per individual person. People found to have multiple accounts who are using them in a benign manner will be given the choice of which account they would like to keep. If a user has multiple accounts in order to commit fraud or to circumvent a ban or any other RedFlagDeals.com rule, they will have all of their accounts banned and will not be allowed back into the RedFlagDeals.com forums ever.[/INDENT]

Personalizing your posts

Avatar - an avatar is the picture that appears next to your posts in the forum. To add, update, or remove your avatar, click here.

Signature - this is the text that will appear at the bottom of every post you make. Click here to add or edit your signature.

Other Info - If you enter your location or IM names/handles in your User Options, it will appear beside your post (under your name) and people will be able to contact you by IM.
Share:
1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1298 posts
322 upvotes
An alternate way to edit your thread title

1. Go to the forum where you made your post (e.g. Hot Deals)

2. Double click anywhere in the box (table row) where your post title is

3. Type in the new title and hit enter or click off of the title.

All done! :)