Tags:
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11085 posts
615 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 12th, 2017 5:23 pm
Gameplay reveal

Most people probably don't need to watch the video to know exactly how this game will play out.

- Climb radio towers
- Hunt animals for crafting loot
- Eliminate enemy camps
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3025 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 1:29 pm
Most people probably don't need to watch the video to know exactly how this game will play out.

- Climb radio towers
- Hunt animals for crafting loot
- Eliminate enemy camps
Apparently they removed radio towers and the mini map...

Also, it would've been cool if there was additional crafting options outside of just hunting animals... like for example, if you have to grab a piece from car wreckage to craft a better bow... and that part is only found in a special car that just happens to be owned by an enemy boss, etc...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14256 posts
1014 upvotes
Ubisoft or which ever studio is responsible for making the FarCry games are clearly talented enough to make a game look and play very authentic to real life or as close as it can be to real life. My wish is they tackle something along the lines of GTA to really give Rockstar a run for their money. And speaking of money, we all know there's a big market for that. Certainly they can take a detour from their Assassin's Creed / Far Cry schedule to make one. A lot of people, myself included, would buy it sight unseen.
Jan 29, 2013
588 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 2:33 pm
Also, it would've been cool if there was additional crafting options outside of just hunting animals... like for example, if you have to grab a piece from car wreckage to craft a better bow... and that part is only found in a special car that just happens to be owned by an enemy boss, etc...
I like that idea.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3354 posts
232 upvotes
looks cool and I liked FC3 but I felt so jaded my FC4 wouldn't start on uPlay...what a crappy platform.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4954 posts
1441 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 7:45 am
Ubisoft or which ever studio is responsible for making the FarCry games are clearly talented enough to make a game look and play very authentic to real life or as close as it can be to real life. My wish is they tackle something along the lines of GTA to really give Rockstar a run for their money.
They sort of tried this with Watch Dogs and it fell flat. Apparently the sequel is better but that's not making any waves either. The problem with Ubisofts attempts to emulate real life settings and modern culture in their games is that it always comes off as contrived and out of touch. Look at games like The Crew and Steep to see what I mean. None of their open world games come close to the authentic settings and characters that Rockstar creates.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5775 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
Yeah writing is a major problem of theirs in general and its one they stubbornly refuse to address, recycling the same writers between projects constantly. Their campaigns tend to overstay their welcome too, most people don't have the patience for a 30 hour campaign unless its really compelling.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3025 posts
590 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 1:54 pm
Yeah writing is a major problem of theirs in general and its one they stubbornly refuse to address, recycling the same writers between projects constantly. Their campaigns tend to overstay their welcome too, most people don't have the patience for a 30 hour campaign unless its really compelling.
And yet despite that, For Honor and Ghost Recon Wildlands were the two best selling games this year... Despite their deficiencies, the general gaming public still gravitates towards Ubisoft, and I can see AC Origins and Rabbids + Mario selling really well for them this year, followed by a strong showing by FC 5 unless Red Dead 2 comes out at the same time...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5775 posts
690 upvotes
Grimsby
I saw those headlines too but I would note that For Honor is a ghost town now, it was a 30 day mover that pumped out a lot based on marketing. Ghost Recon Wildlands is being thrown away with videocards and discounted heavily. Ubisoft titles in general seem to hit discount period very quickly which I think bloats their sales numbers.

I'm still going to give Far Cry 5 a fair shot but I'm a bit more dubious I guess. Anyways I would just like to see better writers on some of these projects, Far Cry is especially promising but the storylines keep letting me down.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)