787 posts
177 upvotes
London
THE GINGER bread muffins are awful.. very dry and burnt tasting.. pass guys
Feb 2, 2014
374 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
There is a new one opening up at Leslie and Lakeshore in the same plaza as Canadian Tire and Shoppers, with Loblaws and FreshCo each across the street.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31547 posts
6177 upvotes
Ottawa
ericlewis91 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 7:23 pm
THE GINGER bread muffins are awful.. very dry and burnt tasting.. pass guys
The ones I had were great. I suspect that it has to do with the in store bakery and or even the batch.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Oct 3, 2017
128 posts
78 upvotes
Used to live very close to the first Ottawa Farm Boy and have been shopping there since they began operations. Every time I go there I find it less and less appealing. Half the store now is devoted to value added (ie expensive) fresh prepared foods. Prices in general are high. Too bad since I used to love shopping there. Now I hardly ever go there.

In Ottawa I find Mid East Foods at Belfast and St. Laurent the best place to shop these days.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13580 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
gregv wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:37 pm
1005 Lake Shore Blvd East, Toronto opening Thursday January 31, 2019.

www.farmboy.ca/leslieandlakeshore
Now that Farm boy is owned by Sobey's I hope they run it as a Farm boy and not just a Sobey's with a mask over it.
Also, it's a good thing there is a Loblaws there, otherwise Sobey's will have cornered the market.
Jun 11, 2010
937 posts
488 upvotes
ottawa
George613 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:37 pm
Used to live very close to the first Ottawa Farm Boy and have been shopping there since they began operations. Every time I go there I find it less and less appealing. Half the store now is devoted to value added (ie expensive) fresh prepared foods. Prices in general are high. Too bad since I used to love shopping there. Now I hardly ever go there.

In Ottawa I find Mid East Foods at Belfast and St. Laurent the best place to shop these days.
Really eh? I'll have to check that place out. We're near the Farm Boy on Bank and I've gotta say if you compare that place to the Independent down the road it's cheaper and better quality. It's insane to me the prices of things at Loblaws now. We're usually at Metro or Farm boy, though I do find Food Basics the best for boxed/canned/jarred ingredients price wise.
Oct 3, 2017
128 posts
78 upvotes
I find Food Basics can be good for fruit and veggies often as well. Loblaws regardless of price is terrible for fresh produce. No Frills and Superstore are much better even all 3 are owned by Loblaws. Mid East now carries a lot of fresh produce and often it is good quality and well priced. Their made in house stuff is excellent across the board from baked mid East stuff to jars etc. Plus the best selection of ethnic stuff (not just middle eastern) in Ottawa
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2009
3798 posts
5505 upvotes
Ontario
I was in the Hamilton store on Sunday to get the VEL fruit/nut bars (2 for $1) and the Ceres juices (2 for $3 offer). I noticed that the regular prices of the VG Gourmet burgers went up $1 (now $7,99) and there are 4 kinds in the freezer. There is no Tradition juice in the store. I don't know where the maple syrup cookies were-I checked the last two places they were in.
The hot food area is popular because there has not been a McDonald's for years there and Shoppers nearby has takeout prepared foods that need heating up, so Shoppers might have noticed a change in food sales. But the plaza is on busy bus routes, a high school and several apartment buildings are nearby so the customers are there.

I also was able to buy a can of LaCroix sparkling water last year for $1 plus taxes. It was refreshing. Have discovered that only FarmBoy and Sobeys stock the brand as I have not found it in Longos, Fortinos nor Walmart. Mango Peach flavour is awesome chilled!
2019-roll out the gold carpet!