• Apr 22nd, 2017 7:00 pm
[OP]
Aug 25, 2011
427 posts
75 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

Fashionable and comfortable walking shoes

Hi guys,

I'm going to be going to London for 2 weeks and I will be on foot as much as possible.

Can you guys share any brands and experiences with walking shoes that are comfortable but also reasonably fashionable?

Now I know fashion is subjective, but I'm not looking for something that looks like a running shoe or a hiking shoe - something that is clean looking and casual. It can look like a sneaker/dress shoe/boot.

I've read that brands such as Rockport and Skechers are pretty good
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7005 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
Salomon

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12466 posts
2374 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU

Cordovan 1k's plus a good pair of insoles.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 13, 2009
201 posts
43 upvotes
North York
I can say that Skechers are very comfortable and affordable. They do have a few casual pairs that would pair well with a pair of khakis as well as a sneaker/running type shoe. I used to make fun of my Wife for wearing this brand but now for work, I buy them all the time. I have to say that I am on my feet at work for about 7-9 hours a day and have knee and foot problems so I do need to wear a good pair of shoes.

If you want to go for a high brand label that looks good and great comfort? Geox or Cole Haan.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3256 posts
330 upvotes
Richmond Hill
New balance classics
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
8743 posts
905 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe get some of those gel soles?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1743 posts
67 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 4:44 pm

Cordovan 1k's plus a good pair of insoles.

Those are some sik azz boots bruh
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12466 posts
2374 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 9:02 pm

Those are some sik azz boots bruh

These are adorning my feet for 2 work days per week.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6133 posts
781 upvotes
Ecco.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2003
9739 posts
1157 upvotes
Ottawa
Rockports and Sketchers are my preferred comfort brands. Some Rockports have Adidas cushioning soles or inserts that make it basically as comfortable as a athletic walking shoe. Some of the Sketchers look like pretty normal casual street shoes but have the same tech as their more sporty shoes
Sep 30, 2009
394 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ultra Boost, but they look like running shoes.

I went on quite a few vacations with them over the past year and they're honestly the most comfortable shoes to walk in. A lot of my trips are walk intensive (Over 25,000 steps a day)
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4183 posts
371 upvotes
You should say whether you're a boy or girl. Lots of girls can do well with a nice ballet flat, perfect for dressy <-> casual. I also have a pair of Ecco ankle booties that are nice. But I guess there's no harm in assuming you're a guy.

Dr. Scholls insoles are really good to add -- I prefer the non-gel "orthotic" kinds. You may need to add 1/2 size to your shoe if you plan to do this, depending on the style.

Lastly, if you go for those high-top style boots, some of them have stiff leather that might need a breaking-in period. If you have fat calves (like me and my brother), they might cinch or rub at the top, even with the laces loose. Finally, some boots of this style are pretty heavy, so beware.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel