Fitness and Nutrition

Fast/healthy meal ideas for putting on weight?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 10:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11514 posts
2620 upvotes
Montréal

Fast/healthy meal ideas for putting on weight?

I'm trying to get back into lifting weights to get more definition. I guess I have an opposite prb as I need to work/eat hard in order to put on weight but can't just find a good regime. However, I don't want to slave hours away in the kitchen to cook that 'perfect' meal. Any diet ideas for me? TIA.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5630 posts
739 upvotes
Are you asking how to increase your caloric intake? Just eat a bit more of what you're already eating. Have a bowl of ice cream after dinner, add more oil to food you sauté, larger portion of rice, etc. You don't need that many extra kcals to build muscle. You DO need adequate protein and proper programming though.

Looking 'defined' is a matter of having enough of a muscle base and being lean enough to see the muscle. Gaining weight won't necessarily make you look more defined because fat and muscle are both gained, you can't just gain muscle (I'm talking non enhanced here).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11514 posts
2620 upvotes
Montréal
amz155 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 6:57 pm
Are you asking how to increase your caloric intake? Just eat a bit more of what you're already eating. Have a bowl of ice cream after dinner, add more oil to food you sauté, larger portion of rice, etc. You don't need that many extra kcals to build muscle. You DO need adequate protein and proper programming though.

Looking 'defined' is a matter of having enough of a muscle base and being lean enough to see the muscle. Gaining weight won't necessarily make you look more defined because fat and muscle are both gained, you can't just gain muscle (I'm talking non enhanced here).
I'm not well-versed in this, does that mean besides eating more I need more protein? What are your go-to foods for that based on my OP criteria?
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
369 upvotes
Kanata
Steak and potato.
Ground beef and potato.
More steak and potato.
Couple protein shakes.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
18854 posts
2185 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Dark Phoenix wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 10:07 pm
Steak and potato.
Ground beef and potato.
More steak and potato.
Couple protein shakes. ... and potato
just a quick edit
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
369 upvotes
Kanata
Also, you don't need to slave and your diet doesn't have to be 100%, just decent. You can cook many meals at once. Take a large packet of chicken thighs and used the shake and bake BBQ. Cook some rice and portion them out for several lunches.

For my lunches this week, I do a large flat of chicken breast, tossed them into a slow cooker with peppers, seasoning and a lime. Then shredded the chicken, portioned it out and have fajitas for the week. In the office, I left the wraps, cheese and salsa so all I need to do is grab the chicken in the morning and I am good to go, and I keep a protein shake with me. In my desk, I have a box of protein bars and oatmeal.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11514 posts
2620 upvotes
Montréal
Ok, guys, Imma going to Walmart and buying lots of food Love their ready-to-grill steaks. Wish me luck stuffing myself :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5102 posts
1040 upvotes
Thornhill
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2018 5:14 pm
I'm trying to get back into lifting weights to get more definition. I guess I have an opposite prb as I need to work/eat hard in order to put on weight but can't just find a good regime. However, I don't want to slave hours away in the kitchen to cook that 'perfect' meal. Any diet ideas for me? TIA.
You can easily make 1 shake that can be 1500-2000 calories...
Eg. Milk, protein, nuts, avocado, oats. That combo alone is pretty heavy in calories. That's what I typically right after gym session.
No need to slave away, takes less than 2 minutes to make and clean!