Food & Drink

Fastfood place screws up your order. Do you go back and get it fixed?

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2017 8:24 pm

Poll: Would you go back to fix a incorrect order?

• Total votes: 40. You have voted on this poll.
Yes, always. I want to get exactly what I paid for!

20%
Sometimes. Depends on how big the mistake is/how much of a hassle it would be.

63%
Rarely if ever. If they screw it up, its no big deal to me usually.

18%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3626 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga

Fastfood place screws up your order. Do you go back and get it fixed?

I just went to McDonalds to use the $1 app coupon for an egg and sausage McMuffin. The thing is after I got home and check it was missing the egg. :( I thought about driving back to get it fixed because I'm only a couple of mins away from the nearest McDs but then I thought is it really worth it? And would they even fix it for me since I left the restaurant like 10-15 mins ago?

So what would you do? Go back and get them to make your order right or just let it go? Probably too late for me now, but next time I'm going to 100% check my order before leaving.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
17 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13733 posts
2300 upvotes
Toronto
Well for a $1 no. But if I paid regular price, yes.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2170 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
The one near me screws up my order at least once every 4-5 visits. I don't understand how for an organization that has basically documented and SOP'd every task possible this still happens.
Jun 21, 2016
972 posts
332 upvotes
I just went a day after once, said they switched my order with someone else's , they gave me a new order, + free muffin, pie, fries and a coupon for a free 1 [fry or drink or ice cream]. No order needed, completely free.

and he said he remembered he made it wrong because the other customer who got my order went back and said he got the wrong order too.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
3944 posts
297 upvotes
Some of my friends worked at fast food places when they were teens, & they all say they would not go back to get it fixed if their order was screwed up lol. Basically some employees hate having to remake or redo, & may do disgusting stuff to your new order. Ouch. These friends all said they personally never did anything bad to someones food but that they had seen other employees do. I'm not gonna take chances so for me, no I would not go back lol
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10461 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:43 pm
Some of my friends worked at fast food places when they were teens, & they all say they would not go back to get it fixed if their order was screwed up lol. Basically some employees hate having to remake or redo, & may do disgusting stuff to your new order. Ouch. These friends all said they personally never did anything bad to someones food but that they had seen other employees do. I'm not gonna take chances so for me, no I would not go back lol
You mean like, accidentally drop a patty on the floor, rinse it off and serve it anyway? lol
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1242 posts
205 upvotes
Went to BK late night about a month ago to use a coupon (2 whopper jr & 2 small fries for $4), my brother had the same coupon as well. Should of checked the bag as soon as we left the lot. Got home, there was only 1 small fries for the each of us ! 25 km to far to go back and complain.

So my brother called head office the next day. The rep was only able to give him a free whopper voucher mailed to him for his trouble. Went to a BK couple weeks ago, a different location in the daytime and got the 2 whopper meals for $10 deal. Used the free whopper voucher, as we'll just split that burger in half and share it. When we opened the wrapper, they actually gave us a double whopper (double meat patty) instead lol.
Jun 21, 2016
972 posts
332 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
This only happens if you're a dick about it...if you're just a normal person they just say sorry and give you what you actually ordered.
It's the custom order's that usually get that, like 'no pickles onion mustard, but mayo,'

if you're missing something then it won't happen
Apr 14, 2017
133 posts
31 upvotes
DT Calgary
Definitely, ain't worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
2780 posts
905 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
HP_John wrote:
I worked in a couple fast food places as a teen and have never seen anything of the sort. Why would I do something gross if I screwed up an order? Most people aren't total a-holes when they return the item. Mistakes happen.
Jun 21, 2016
972 posts
332 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
May 21st, 2017 3:04 am
I worked in a couple fast food places as a teen and have never seen anything of the sort. Why would I do something gross if I screwed up an order? Most people aren't total a-holes when they return the item. Mistakes happen.
yeah, I never heard of it happen either unless the customer was being a total dick.
Mar 19, 2013
524 posts
131 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
Happens rarely. I just move on.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6447 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Happened a few times. Was already home. So "No", I will not go back.
I think once you leave an establishment you can actually do, and can be accused of having tampered with the product after leaving.
Same thing with grocery stores. the onus is on me to check my bill and my items before I exit. If I exit and find something wrong on my bill etc I will not go back.
I don't eat much at fast food restaurants dining rooms and usually take my stuff home.
I'm not in the habit of opening up everything and checking before I leave the establishment either.
Else it becomes rather "Slow" food instead.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel