• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2017 9:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4707 posts
1627 upvotes

Fat kid with bad haircut threatening Guam

As a response to Trump's "fire & fury" outburst today, Kim Jong Un has threatened to attack Guam and the Hawaiian Islands are battening down the hatches.

Isn't it great what shooting your mouth off without thinking can do for international relations? :facepalm:

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/north ... 11205d24a2
142 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26983 posts
6424 upvotes
GTHA
The James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies' Shea Cotton says Trump's comments were irresponsible and may erode U.S. credibility.

Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1043 posts
288 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
I really wish someone would sh!t or get off the pot. I'm really getting tired of this war of words between two leaders with questionable intelligence.
I don't want to see a shooting war, but the western world is simply prolonging the inevitable. Are they going to do something about North Korea having an ICBM and possibly nukes, or are they going to keep up the tough talk but no action.
I realize that China has a strong interest in what happens to North Korea, but the longer this goes on, the closer North Korea comes to getting bigger bombs and missiles. The dude with the bad hair may be bluffing, and he may not be.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1043 posts
288 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
As for Trump causing the USA to lose credibility, he's already done a lot of that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
8089 posts
2891 upvotes
Toronto
North Korea has nothing valuable. A total wasteland, no oil.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
May 22, 2016
870 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
Trump is smarter than this. He has his North Korea expert Dennis Rodman working things out.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
1183 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
Well this is what happens when you kick the can down the road for decades. Now it's crunch time. I don't blame anyone for this. This is the world's fault collectively for the past 50 years. Nothing has worked except your left with force.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4890 posts
372 upvotes
poleman wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 11:23 pm
I really wish someone would sh!t or get off the pot. I'm really getting tired of this war of words between two leaders with questionable intelligence.
I don't want to see a shooting war, but the western world is simply prolonging the inevitable. Are they going to do something about North Korea having an ICBM and possibly nukes, or are they going to keep up the tough talk but no action.
I realize that China has a strong interest in what happens to North Korea, but the longer this goes on, the closer North Korea comes to getting bigger bombs and missiles. The dude with the bad hair may be bluffing, and he may not be.
Are we going to do something about the United States of America, the only country who actually used nuclear bombs which killed tens of thousands civilians, having lots of ICBM and certainly nukes? No? Tough talks are out of questions as well? ok.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3714 posts
458 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 8:32 am
Are we going to do something about the United States of America, the only country who actually used nuclear bombs which killed tens of thousands civilians, having lots of ICBM and certainly nukes? No? Tough talks are out of questions as well? ok.
no ... it was on Japan not Canada ... BTW Canadian defense depend on USA ...
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1299 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
The only way nukes work is not by actually using them but through Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), which basically means threats, bluffs and the possibility of apocalypse.

Basically NK and SK/Japan/US are involved in some sort of light MAD game right now.
Its only light MAD because for even 1 nuke NK launch they will give the perfect excuse and be looking at swift annihilation in a very short time.

but NK is a distraction the real menace in the shadows for all asian countries is China.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4890 posts
372 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 8:40 am
no ... it was on Japan not Canada ... BTW Canadian defense depend on USA ...
Silly me, it was Japanese civilians not Canadian civilians. That made it totally ok. :)
qewcool wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:16 am
The only way nukes work is not by actually using them but through Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), which basically means threats, bluffs and the possibility of apocalypse.

Basically NK and SK/Japan/US are involved in some sort of light MAD game right now.
Its only light MAD because for even 1 nuke NK launch they will give the perfect excuse and be looking at swift annihilation in a very short time.

but NK is a distraction the real menace in the shadows for all asian countries is China.
I totally agree. It's not like we depend on China for anything. Wait a minute. :)
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3714 posts
458 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:10 am
Silly me, it was Japanese civilians not Canadian civilians. That made it totally ok. :)
no it doesn't make it OK ...
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3818 posts
712 upvotes
Toronto
qewcool wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 9:16 am

The real menace in the shadows for the whole world are all the power-hungry leaders in all countries including USA, China, NK.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4890 posts
372 upvotes
boyohboy wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 10:18 am
The real menace in the shadows for the whole world are all the power-hungry leaders in all countries including USA, China, NK.
The real menace in the shadows is natural selection. We (as in human race, in case people thought I meant Canada) have too many people, too few resources. Mother nature is laughing her ass off watching these puny ants fighting each other. :)

"Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

NK's sin is not that they have nuclear weapons, it's that they are weak.