• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 9:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9708 posts
743 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 10:01 pm
The James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies' Shea Cotton says Trump's comments were irresponsible and may erode U.S. credibility.
hmmm. who?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9708 posts
743 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:40 am
Trump warns North Korea that U.S. is ‘locked and loaded’
Trump tweeted: “Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely."

Wow. Them's real fighting words.
except... one country can actually win and another will get their ass handed to him.

Too long has Fattie fat fat threatens the world and we just throw "aid money" at him....
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
15620 posts
432 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:31 pm
Freedom would be great for the North Koreans, as they are unlike most other dictatorships. They don't have any *arguable worse* insurgent groups like the ME dictatorships, they are just normal people that have lived under generations of oppression that they really do not understand how the world functions outside of it. The interviews of defectors are quite sad to see how they accept such brutality from government as something so normal. Public executions are met with such naivete, "Oh, they must have done something wrong to be executed".
The only "freedom" they would receive, is the freedom of death, as there wouldn't be any more North Koreans around if the USA actually DID launch a counter-strike or even a first-strike to that country.
Did you think they'd actually try the Iraq/Afghanistan tactic, and send in ground troops or something?

kingofwale wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:49 pm
except... one country can actually win and another will get their ass handed to him OBLITERATED
and I'm not sure the U.S. wants the deaths of so many Koreans on their hands...
Jul 30, 2010
757 posts
100 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:47 pm
The only "freedom" they would receive, is the freedom of death, as there wouldn't be any more North Koreans around if the USA actually DID launch a counter-strike or even a first-strike to that country.
Did you think they'd actually try the Iraq/Afghanistan tactic, and send in ground troops or something?
No, I suspect it would be air only with ground support potentially provided by South Korea and Japan (if it got to that). I imagine they would start by attempting to destroy their nuclear and arms facilities while waiting for a white flag from the fat kid. Obviously there would be deaths in North Korea, but how many people have been executed or died at the hands of the dictatorship through the past 3 generations of rule? They lost millions during their famine in the 90s, all the fault of their government.

I'll take freedom with potential for death over enslavement with potential for death any day.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1244 posts
504 upvotes
Hamilton
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 2:07 pm
No, I suspect it would be air only with ground support potentially provided by South Korea and Japan (if it got to that). I imagine they would start by attempting to destroy their nuclear and arms facilities while waiting for a white flag from the fat kid. Obviously there would be deaths in North Korea, but how many people have been executed or died at the hands of the dictatorship through the past 3 generations of rule? They lost millions during their famine in the 90s, all the fault of their government.

I'll take freedom with potential for death over enslavement with potential for death any day.
But muh feelings.
Spidey wrote:
Jan 7th, 2016 10:59 am
You're 26, and your mom still buys your toilet paper.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1358 posts
52 upvotes
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:31 pm
It's weird how so intensely against Trump people are that they forget that Kim Jong's dynasty is an absolute stain on history. They regularly execute citizens publicly, perform cyberattacks on other nations, and constantly threaten other nations with attacks. Their citizens are underweight, face constant food shortages, and tourists are punished heavily for any perceived slight against the nation.

Why isn't anyone (not referencing RFD) cheering the potential that this regime may finally end? MSM is even taking the side of North Korea, despite all the threats they constantly make. Maybe they're used to Obama being a spineless weasel, and now the half-crazy Trump and professional badass Mattis may actually call out their bluff and obliterate them.

Freedom would be great for the North Koreans, as they are unlike most other dictatorships. They don't have any *arguable worse* insurgent groups like the ME dictatorships, they are just normal people that have lived under generations of oppression that they really do not understand how the world functions outside of it. The interviews of defectors are quite sad to see how they accept such brutality from government as something so normal. Public executions are met with such naivete, "Oh, they must have done something wrong to be executed".

The positive is with China's capitalist growth, they smuggle phones and such into the country and have much greater access to the outside world (which increases the amount of people trying to make the suicide run across the border). Being caught defecting means you and your entire family get executed.

**** this fat kid and **** his dead parents.
Obama last year.
"we could destroy North Korea"
http://www.trunews.com/article/flashbac ... orth-korea

Bill Clinton and his deal with North Korea where he admitted they considered attacking.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/839 ... ll-Clinton

So everybody has walked around the issue an now Trump says enough and it's all his fault?

http://www.newsweek.com/north-korea-bus ... ump-649522
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4346 posts
1384 upvotes
Haircut boy isn't stupid. (At least I don't think he is.) His ace in the hole is the threat to Seoul and South Korea which has likely saved his sorry ass all this time. Without the proximity to doing serious damage to the South, he'd already be a grease spot.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2006
2068 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Conquistador wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:13 pm
Haircut boy isn't stupid. (At least I don't think he is.) His ace in the hole is the threat to Seoul and South Korea which has likely saved his sorry ass all this time. Without the proximity to doing serious damage to the South, he'd already be a grease spot.

Pretty much this. The only reason why nothing had been done because Seoul is so close to the border that the shitty artillery shells they laying around since ww2/Korea wars can still do damage when lobbed at city infrastructure and civilians.

And they have enough cannons pointed at Seoul to cause a lot of innocent casualties . A strike byUS would need to be highly coordinated and surgical to whipe out a majority of these bases before they fire. Assuming the NKs dont have any counter measures they bought from China and russia..

Winning is 100% guaranteed by US the issue is at what cost.
Jul 30, 2010
757 posts
100 upvotes
Conquistador wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:13 pm
The question will be, deal with him now or wait 10 years until he has such massive firepower that he simply starts a war himself and murders far more people. This situation is basically inevitable.

South Korea should be the major voice in saying whether any kind of preemptive strike should occur, since they would incur the majority of the damage/losses.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
3973 posts
384 upvotes
pretty sure the best solution is to destabilize their government, incite riot, etc. That's what the USA does best. I'm sure they're trying. Bring war upon enemies that don't realize they're being attacked
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2061 posts
96 upvotes
Markham
Maybe we should pay Dennis Rodman to accidentally foul Lil' Kim?

It's a matter of time that these missiles will reach the mainland. Non-proliferation is a joke. That didn't stop Pakistan, Israel, Iran or any country from joining the exclusive club.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1358 posts
52 upvotes
Kingmoo wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 4:04 pm
pretty sure the best solution is to destabilize their government, incite riot, etc. That's what the USA does best. I'm sure they're trying. Bring war upon enemies that don't realize they're being attacked
I don't think the US could fund north Korean isis or rebels like they did in Syria.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4033 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
History repeats
TOKYO, July 12 1993 — The North Korean Government accused President Clinton today of provoking it with threats of war after he warned that the United States would retaliate if North Korea developed nuclear arms.
The statement by the Communist Government of Kim Il Sung came just hours after it handed over what it said were remains of 17 American soldiers killed in the Korean War.
On his weekend visit to South Korea, President Clinton warned that if North Korea developed and used an atomic weapon, "we would quickly and overwhelmingly retaliate."
"It would mean the end of their country as they know it," he said.

'Rash Act' by U.S.
The North Korean Government lashed back today through its Korean Central News Agency, monitored in Tokyo.
"The United States must ponder over the fatal consequences that might arise from its rash act," the statement said. "If anyone dares to provoke us, we will immediately show him in practice what our bold decision is."
North Korea has denied that it is developing nuclear weapons but has banned inspections of two sites suspected of being nuclear installations. Last month, North Korea backed off from its decision to drop out of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, but the issue of site inspections was left unresolved. Further talks on the matter are to begin Wednesday in Geneva, where Washington is expected to press North Korea to accept inspections or face consequences that could include economic sanctions.
The United States has made the return of war dead and the resolution of nuclear issues conditions of improving ties between the two nations. So far, bones said to belong to only 45 of more than 8,000 missing troops have been returned, and United States officials said not all of those remains were human. Japan Accused, Too
North Korea also accused Japan of planning its own nuclear arsenal.
At the meeting of major industrialized nations in Tokyo last week, Japan was the only one to refuse to endorse an indefinite extension of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
Japan's objection "revealed the intention of the Japanese Government of arming Japan with nuclear weapons at any cost," said a North Korean Foreign Ministry official quoted by the Korean press agency.
I apologize to those who don't see humour or perspectives; who think aboriginals, whites, politicians, suicide bombers, aggressive policemen, aggrieved blacks, transsexuals, Alt-righters or any other is perfect. I apologize for all my sins and omissions
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1358 posts
52 upvotes
Cough wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 11:12 pm
History repeats
Nah.. this is all Trump's fault./s
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10180 posts
610 upvotes
Toronto
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 3:31 pm
The question will be, deal with him now or wait 10 years until he has such massive firepower that he simply starts a war himself and murders far more people. This situation is basically inevitable.

South Korea should be the major voice in saying whether any kind of preemptive strike should occur, since they would incur the majority of the damage/losses.
Not only that, but South Korea views North Korea as its sovereign territory as enshrined in its constitution. Any attack on North Korea without the explicit permission of South Korea would be viewed as an severe infringement on its sovereignty.

Personally I'm glad to see the U.S struggle to deal with North Korea. While North Korea regularly threatens to attack its neighbours, it has rarely carried out its threats, mostly just saber rattling. The U.S on the other hand has been regularly going around the world and invading other countries for decades, toppling foreign governments, installing dictators, etc. Nukes should be for everyone, or no one at all. The UN P5 members shouldn't have the exclusive right to nukes.