The Fate of the Furious (Furious 8)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 9:56 am
Tags:
None
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: I'm sure there's a joke in there.

Buggy166: I stayed in Dbox and on the rows right NEXT to the Dbox, i can assure you, you dont need to pay for the Dbox to have a closely similar experience. lol

Translated: I experienced the D-box seats while sitting IN them, as well as sitting in the seats right NEXT to them, and the vibrations and movements transfer is so high that you will get a nearly similar experience without paying $20 for an actual Dbox seat.

joeythecat29: I don't understand what you are saying, but if you weren't actually in a working dbox seat, you have no clue what you are talking about

Buggy166: You literally just quoted a statement where the first words were "I stayed in Dbox"

Translated: How can you not understand while quoting a statement that clearly states the information that you are arguing against existing?

joeythecat29: I must be missing some sort of joke here or you must not be able to speak basic english.
can you please explain to me how "I stayed in Dbox" translates to "I experienced the D-box seats while sitting IN them". The way you communicate your thoughts into text is hard to understand, "stayed" in your sentence is not the correct word to use for what you were trying to communicate.

Also you think that feeling the vibrations from the seat next to you is the same as full movement of the seat?

I understand that for some reason you think I am stupid for paying the extra $10 for this feature, but why are you so butthurt over it? It's just a movie, get over it, there are more important things in life to argue/worry about.
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
LeopoldGT wrote: I'm not sure if I should agree with this or not. I'm only ticked with the movies that come awful lot close to reality, and then somehow, fail to deliver it by failing all logic. Like I'd shut my brain for Evil Dead but when it's Terminator 2, I'd keep on wondering why T1000 never cut the elevator when he had the chance, or kill sarah before confronting john so that confusion wouldn't arise.
well, this is your fault for thinking that this movie would be close to reality. You cant tell me that you saw the trailer with the rock hanging out of a car while directing a torpedo with his hands and think that its close to reality. EVERYONE knew what they were going to see. If anyone was let down that this wasnt close to reality, you are clearly watching the wrong kind of movies for yourself, go watch a "film" instead and leave the "movies" to idiots like me who just want to forget about "reality" for 2 hours and have some fun.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Tokyo drift guy didn't even get an appearance this time :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
joeythecat29 wrote: can you please explain to me how "I stayed in Dbox" translates to "I experienced the D-box seats while sitting IN them". The way you communicate your thoughts into text is hard to understand, "stayed" in your sentence is not the correct word to use for what you were trying to communicate.

Also you think that feeling the vibrations from the seat next to you is the same as full movement of the seat?

I understand that for some reason you think I am stupid for paying the extra $10 for this feature, but why are you so butthurt over it? It's just a movie, get over it, there are more important things in life to argue/worry about.
I dont think you're stupid at all, thats you projecting your defensive feelings based on stuff you read from this post. I paid for DBox just as well, cant really call you stupid for doing the same thing i did.

I was just saying its not quite worth the extra $10 for a lot if not most movies, and if you wanna get some vibrations on the cheap, just grab a nearby seat for half price.

When i went, it was for the LEGO movie and it was fun, but too spazzy and not equalized properly for me to enjoy. The smallest of movements on screen were dialed in to near max in the seat vibrations, so the difference between an explosion vs a character falling down on the floor, would be identical. Small stuff like that distracted me from the movie and didnt add anything positive to the experience. The odd action scene was great, but when my seat was going nuts even in mellow scenes, it just showed it was a big gimmick more than anything else.
Jun 26, 2016
299 posts
37 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: I dont think you're stupid at all, thats you projecting your defensive feelings based on stuff you read from this post. I paid for DBox just as well, cant really call you stupid for doing the same thing i did.

I was just saying its not quite worth the extra $10 for a lot if not most movies, and if you wanna get some vibrations on the cheap, just grab a nearby seat for half price.

When i went, it was for the LEGO movie and it was fun, but too spazzy and not equalized properly for me to enjoy. The smallest of movements on screen were dialed in to near max in the seat vibrations, so the difference between an explosion vs a character falling down on the floor, would be identical. Small stuff like that distracted me from the movie and didnt add anything positive to the experience. The odd action scene was great, but when my seat was going nuts even in mellow scenes, it just showed it was a big gimmick more than anything else.
Fast and furious was different. You could feel the cars engine rumbling with small vibrations. The movement went from sharp jerks to very slight movement like when the scene on the plane, you could feel slight angles like you were flying. I would suspect that F&F dbox was done during the movie production when lego was a later addition just to sell tickets.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
joeythecat29 wrote: Fast and furious was different. You could feel the cars engine rumbling with small vibrations. The movement went from sharp jerks to very slight movement like when the scene on the plane, you could feel slight angles like you were flying. I would suspect that F&F dbox was done during the movie production when lego was a later addition just to sell tickets.
Its probably why there was such a difference. DBOX was still kinda new back then. Maybe a year or so in. You'd hope by now they know how to dial things in.

I guess I'll give it another go when the opportunity arises. Definitely need an action flick for those seats to be any good.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
3055 posts
1665 upvotes
Saw it yesterday, wasn't terrible, but I think it was the worst of the series to be honest. Plot just seemed all over the place.

Didn't Elena become Hobbs partner in the U.S.? So how did she somehow have a baby that Dom didn't know about??

And everyone is ok being friends with Shaw after he killed their buddy Han??? Makes no sense.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
zzzz24 wrote: Saw it yesterday, wasn't terrible, but I think it was the worst of the series to be honest. Plot just seemed all over the place.

Didn't Elena become Hobbs partner in the U.S.? So how did she somehow have a baby that Dom didn't know about??

And everyone is ok being friends with Shaw after he killed their buddy Han??? Makes no sense.
It definitely seems like the producers thought of the stuns first, then fit the stories around it.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Most of the Fate of the Furious Stunts Were Real

According to Thrillist, a lot of the craziest stunts filmed for The Fate of the Furious were predominantly achieved in real life – most notably, including the Havana racing scene that opens the film (which was 99% real), as well as the Germany wrecking ball scene (which was 70% real). As corroborated by stunt coordinators Jack Gill, Andy Gill, and Spiro Razatos, the rest of the film’s insane action sequences – including the New York City “zombie car” sequence and the Arctic chase finale – incorporated a healthy blend of both live-action stunt work and digital enhancement.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6706 posts
2352 upvotes
SuckaB wrote: Fast 9 tease?

Anybody see this? Just a note Han's actor is also listed.
Matt's saving everybody again.
I think it's a fan poster. But if not ... cool!
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
BluePhirePB wrote: I think it's a fan poster. But if not ... cool!
could be, although Tyrese sorta endorsed it since he's the one that posted it.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4807 posts
1801 upvotes
I didnt feel this movie, it was horrible to me. worst one in the series. Could also be that the plot was bad. The new UltraAVX seats at cineplex were terrible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)