• Jul 8th, 2014 12:45 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 15, 2009
153 posts
21 upvotes
Ontario

Favorite discontinued Tim Hortons item?

Tim Horton's has had some real hit and misses when it comes to their products, what is your favorite item that they have discontinued?

Mine was probably the maple muffin. Man those were good.
131 replies
Dec 19, 2006
193 posts
I think it was in '06 that they had the Chicken Fajita Wraps.
Those were pretty good.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9874 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga
Miss the Hawaiian Sprinkle Doughnuts
RFD Users who tell it like it is and aren't sheltered by society's wet blanket:
Syne, a-tree, Shaner, Peckerwood, Anonymouse, Cas77, arisk
arisk wrote:
Oct 15th, 2011 7:45 pm
Banning proper use in a forum such as this simply perpetuates the problem by reinforcing the perspective that all uses of a word are negative.
KorruptioN wrote:
Oct 29th, 2010 9:11 pm
She must be better than all of us real men, at any cost. Feel like talking down to people who don't fit in her narrow-minded demographic? She's got it in spades.
May 18, 2008
64 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is it my imagination or did Tim Horton's change their chili a few months ago?............it doesn't seem to taste as good as it used to.............and they changed the bun that comes with it.............I don't like the new bun as much as the old one
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2010
1943 posts
19 upvotes
The French Onion Soup without the French and the cream cheese danish they once had. The soup is still available but is harder to find.
The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it. - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4336 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
Mike S wrote:
Jul 24th, 2010 5:02 pm
Is it my imagination or did Tim Horton's change their chili a few months ago?............it doesn't seem to taste as good as it used to.............and they changed the bun that comes with it.............I don't like the new bun as much as the old one
This could be true. It seems that they changed the bagels too. They are more bland than they used to be. I sometimes go to Country Style for a better bagel and just tolerate their coffee.

edit: sorry for derailing the thread....this thread was meant to be more about the franchises positive things.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5448 posts
564 upvotes
Mississauga
I miss the croissants when they used to be larger in size and fresh out of the oven. I use to buy them from the Timmies a Airport Rd near Orlando Drive. I haven't been there in a while. I bought a croissant recently from a different Timmies and it was really small and almost stale...

I also miss their cheese danish, and when their cookies were smaller and you were able to buy 6 for $1.99. Now one cookie costs close to $1.00!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2699 posts
72 upvotes
Etobicoke
Raggie wrote:
Jul 24th, 2010 8:02 pm
I miss the croissants when they used to be larger in size and fresh out of the oven. I use to buy them from the Timmies a Airport Rd near Orlando Drive. I haven't been there in a while. I bought a croissant recently from a different Timmies and it was really small and almost stale...

I also miss their cheese danish, and when their cookies were smaller and you were able to buy 6 for $1.99. Now one cookie costs close to $1.00!
how long ago was that? i used to work there lol

i miss the beef/chicken stew and the bread bowl!
Nov 24, 2005
697 posts
5 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
Chicken stew in the bread bowl and the 4 inch butter tarts, ohhh so gooey (but not in that order)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5137 posts
49 upvotes
deep wrote:
Jul 24th, 2010 9:43 pm
My favorite discontinued item would be full sized, cooked-on-premise donuts.

The miniature pre-baked crap now is disappointing.
Try finding a jewish bakery or sometimes asian bakeries make doughnuts.
I usually buy a doughnut at an asian place where they make the doughnuts every day.

but the jewish bakeries are better because they fill some of the doughnuts with jam..and the asian ones are so plain.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11111 posts
916 upvotes
Kanata
butternut donut. Simple and not really all that different compared to the chocolate dip but I just miss the peanuts on top!
× < >