Off Topic

Locked: FBI and NSA investigating as Terrorism after car plows into crowd in Charlottesville - 1 Dead, 19 Injured

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 8:46 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4687 posts
333 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:05 pm
I'm not sure if you're just trying to troll or what, but there's more than just Chinese people in China. There are a lot of Africans, Europeans, Indians, Filipinos, Indonesians, Central Asians, Koreans, Vietnamese, and so forth living in the cities. They go to China for the same reasons they go to the US, and are contributing their skills there the same way immigrants contribute their skills to the USA.
Yet there is no multiculturalism in China. Nor can any of these people gain citizenship in China and they are deported at will. Racism is far worse in China than in the US. I honestly don't know where you are going with this.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9664 posts
948 upvotes
I love how some closet racist here is screaming about freedom of speech.

The freedom of speech is nullified the moment you bring skin colour into your narrative.

Being a colour of certain skin does not make you superior human being and this is what these terrorist groups are trying to push.

You can believe your skin colour is superior but that doesn't make it true but It does makes you an idiot, bigot and a Donald.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4687 posts
333 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:07 pm
Deflection deflection deflection... it's seriously pathetic that in a thread about literal Nazi's and white supremacists killing someone we have posters spouting whataboutism.
What do you expect them to do? In a perfect world, right wingers would condemn the violence in this thread and left wingers would condemn left wing violence in another thread. Both sides would disown extremists among their ranks. Yet all I see is defection, deflection, deflection from both sides. I agree it's "seriously pathetic", but such is our sad reality.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
13907 posts
1432 upvotes
Toronto
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:11 pm
Yet there is no multiculturalism in China. Nor can any of these people gain citizenship in China and they are deported at will. Racism is far worse in China than in the US. I honestly don't know where you are going with this.
Where I'm going with this is the refutation of Kaz's argument that immigrants aren't in any way responsible for the economic success of the US or China. In both countries they've made significant contributions to all aspects of the economy, and the rise of the US into what it is today is pretty much built on their backs. If not for them the country would still be the land of backwards religious fanatics it was at the end of the 19th century, and all the folks who built it up would have made those contributions to their own countries instead.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3588 posts
1120 upvotes
Trump says there were "very fine people" on "both sides" in Charlottesville. There, there.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
859 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:19 pm
Trump says there were "very fine people" on "both sides" in Charlottesville. There, there.
He know's where he got a lot of support from (not all, but enough) and he doesn't want to turn them against him.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
Where I'm going with this is the refutation of Kaz's argument that immigrants aren't in any way responsible for the economic success of the US or China. In both countries they've made significant contributions to all aspects of the economy, and the rise of the US into what it is today is pretty much built on their backs. If not for them the country would still be the land of backwards religious fanatics it was at the end of the 19th century, and all the folks who built it up would have made those contributions to their own countries instead.
I never said immigrants didn't contribute.
Of course they do.
My point was that the us was already a budding world power with a non white population of 12%.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:13 pm

The freedom of speech is nullified the moment you bring skin colour into your narrative.

Being a colour of certain skin does not make you superior human being and this is what these terrorist groups are trying to push.

You can believe your skin colour is superior but that doesn't make it true but It does makes you an idiot, bigot and a Donald.
So you agree that the white privilege mantra is racist?
Or is this an exception to your rule?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9774 posts
785 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:13 pm

Damnit!!! now we have to tell the Poor BLM to disband... sad day
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:07 pm
Deflection deflection deflection... it's seriously pathetic that in a thread about literal Nazi's and white supremacists killing someone we have posters spouting whataboutism.
Which is quite similar to every thread involving Islamic terrorism.
The similarities are quite striking.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:38 pm
Unless it's still only whites who can be racist/s
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3588 posts
1120 upvotes
So Trump just made another speech on Charlottesville:

Here’s a glimpse of Trump’s quotes…
On why he waited 48 hours to condemn the white supremacist/neo-Nazi violence: “I wanted to make sure when I make a statement that the statement was correct. And there was no way—there was no way of making a correct statement that early.”

"Not all of those people were neo-Nazis. Believe me."

“What about the alt-left that came charging at the—as you say, the alt-right—do they have any semblance of guilt?”

”You had a group—you had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent.”

”Neo-nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. But you had a lot of people in that group who were there to innocently protest, and very legally protest. I don't know if you know. They had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit … there are two sides to a story.”
https://www.dailykos.com/
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:25 pm
He know's where he got a lot of support from (not all, but enough) and he doesn't want to turn them against him.
So how many neo-nazis are there in the US?
I've seen estimates of 5000. Even if they all voted for Trump that wouldn't come close to offsetting the number of dead people that voted for Hillary..
And remember that Hillary considered Robert Byrd one of her mentors.
Now that was a true Blue Democrat..

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[11][18]
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4687 posts
333 upvotes
Piro21 wrote:
That might be true for the US, but that's not true for China except western capitalists. The economic success of China is built on the abolish of left wing communism and embrace of right wing capitalism.

Comparing to China, these white supremacists are left wing commies. If you really wanted to learn from China, then from this day forth, the US should not grant citizenship to anybody with color (for China, that includes Chinese). They should have no freedom of speech, no freedom of gathering. BLM members would all be arrested for "inciting the subversion of the state" (where you are at it, might as well throw these white supremacists in as well since the government suppresses all dissidents equally). Nobody would know what happened in Charlottesville for days if this was in China and any reporter or Internet users would be arrest for reporting it. The Chinese president would say whatever he wants and if anybody questions him like they do Trump, they would be arrested as well.

I totally agree with you that immigrants contribute significantly to the US success, but China is just a bad example.

Not that I know why this has to anything to do with the topic at hand.
Penalty Box
Feb 10, 2007
9664 posts
948 upvotes
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:34 pm

So you agree that the white privilege mantra is racist?
Or is this an exception to your rule?
I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing on anything when there is no context.

But what you are trying to push could be a stereotype.
kingofwale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:38 pm

Yep
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]