Off Topic

Locked: FBI and NSA investigating as Terrorism after car plows into crowd in Charlottesville - 1 Dead, 19 Injured

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 8:46 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
859 upvotes
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:53 pm
WHAT ABOUT WHAT ABOUT WHAT ABOUT!!!!!
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
sexyj wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 4:58 pm
I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing on anything when there is no context.

But what you are trying to push could be a stereotype.

Yep
To be honest, the only thing I'm trying to push is the absolute hypocrisy that people are expressing over what happened here.
I feel sorry for the dead woman's family and it isn't acceptable that she died.
I think neo-nazis are garbage. I think that antifa are garbage. I think that blm are garbage.

If you are going to go after the Nazis for what happened, you have to go after the other groups that are out there advocating for violence.
I also hold the authorities partially responsible because much like what happened in Stanford, they were told to stand down.
And to blame this on Trump is pathetic. Both established parties can't stand him and would love to see him gone.
Obama had 8 years during which race relations went on a downward spiral but somehow everything is Trump's fault..
People are focusing on this as the biggest issue in the us yet in Chicago, in 2016, there were over 700 murders and I'll bet none were committed by Nazis but that issue is ignored?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3588 posts
1120 upvotes
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:25 pm
And to blame this on Trump is pathetic. Both established parties can't stand him and would love to see him gone.
Obama had 8 years during which race relations went on a downward spiral but somehow everything is Trump's fault..
Trump is the backlash to Obama's presidency. Some people don't like the way the culture is changing and Trump said it himself today:

Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2090 posts
101 upvotes
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:24 pm
Strikes a chord with you doesn't it Ojam..

Hey. There were 2 Canadians murdered this past weekend in Burkina Faso by the more prolific non-nazi group we're not supposed to talk about? Double the dead and not a peep in the Canadian media. It's almost like we accept it.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13867 posts
859 upvotes
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:25 pm
To be honest, the only thing I'm trying to push is the absolute hypocrisy that people are expressing over what happened here.
I feel sorry for the dead woman's family and it isn't acceptable that she died.
I think neo-nazis are garbage. I think that antifa are garbage. I think that blm are garbage.

If you are going to go after the Nazis for what happened, you have to go after the other groups that are out there advocating for violence.
I also hold the authorities partially responsible because much like what happened in Stanford, they were told to stand down.
People are focusing on this as the biggest issue in the us yet in Chicago, in 2016, there were over 700 murders and I'll bet none were committed by Nazis but that issue is ignored?
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:30 pm
Strikes a chord with you doesn't it Ojam..

Hey. There were 2 Canadians murdered this past weekend in Burkina Faso by the more prolific non-nazi group we're not supposed to talk about? Double the dead and not a peep in the Canadian media. It's almost like we accept it.
Yeah, literal **** nazi's do strike a chord, if you're so concerned with other groups go start a thread on it and stop trolling this one.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:29 pm
Trump is the backlash to Obama's presidency. Some people don't like the way the culture is changing and Trump said it himself today:

Trump is the backlash to Obama and the republican establishment.
Many Obama areas went Trump so they're all racist? Bull.
Obama did nothing for large numbers of people and Hillary wasn't any different.

As for the culture part, I think anytime you have a group of non-locals coming in and telling people what they should do there might be resistance.
And as I said before.
They had a permit.
Let the idiots march, go home and then take the statue down if that's what was decided.
It should never have been allowed to happen the way it did.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1256 posts
82 upvotes
All the SJWs tearing their shirts off and virtue signalling like Donkey Kong .... lol

Seeing that Virginia gun laws allow open carry. I very much doubt this is terrorism or anything planned.

At most it is tempers going off stupidly, kind of like road rage, resulting in involuntary manslaughter.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3588 posts
1120 upvotes
Kaz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:34 pm
Trump is the backlash to Obama and the republican establishment.
Many Obama areas went Trump so they're all racist? Bull.
Obama did nothing for large numbers of people and Hillary wasn't any different.

As for the culture part, I think anytime you have a group of non-locals coming in and telling people what they should do there might be resistance.
And as I said before.
They had a permit.
Let the idiots march, go home and then take the statue down if that's what was decided.
It should never have been allowed to happen the way it did.
Well another issue that is hot is gender issues, e.g., transgender, women's reproductive rights (i.e., rights not to reproduce)

Obama pushed things quite a bit, to the point a lot of people weren't comfortable. Too much, too soon.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1427 posts
52 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:49 pm
Well another issue that is hot is gender issues, e.g., transgender, women's reproductive rights (i.e., rights not to reproduce)

Obama pushed things quite a bit, to the point a lot of people weren't comfortable. Too much, too soon.
I basically agree with this lecale but not sure what you mean by right to not reproduce?
I must admit the 96 genders is kind of getting to me... Lol
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7023 posts
219 upvotes
qewcool wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:47 pm
All the SJWs tearing their shirts off and virtue signalling like Donkey Kong .... lol

Seeing that Virginia gun laws allow open carry. I very much doubt this is terrorism or anything planned.

At most it is tempers going off stupidly, kind of like road rage, resulting in involuntary manslaughter.
Yeah ok. Is that why they brought firearms, sticks, bats, shields, helmets. They were prepared to start trouble. They want it to go bad.

Look at this fake alpha. He had about 5 different firearms + knife. According to the people there. The bigots had firepower better than the cops.

They even broke their permit. They went to places they werent supposed to go to.

This doesnt seem planned to you?. Nice try.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Jul 30, 2010
810 posts
100 upvotes
lecale wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 5:49 pm

Oh it's going to get worse before it gets better (if it ever does get better and we're not at the precipice of the end times). I'm curious to see how Liberals will react to Iceland's claim of nearly eliminating down syndrome via selective abortion.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3383 posts
190 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:49 pm
Easy, google dictionary.
Agreed, it is easy to quote your sources, so do it.
Archanfel wrote:
Aug 14th, 2017 11:49 pm
Just because it can be abused (like in the case of illegal combatants), does not mean it's abused in this case. Can you tell me why you think this is not a case of terrorism? Other than for your own ideological reasons. Unless you meant to say that because "there is no commonly accepted definition of 'terrorism'.", nothing is terrorism.
But I feel it is being abused in this case. It appears that the OP is using the word to sensationalize the issue for his ideological reasons. Whether I agree with is ideology or not is irrelevant, so your remark to that effect is way off base. :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5664 posts
220 upvotes
LeisureSuitL wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 6:22 pm
Oh it's going to get worse before it gets better (if it ever does get better and we're not at the precipice of the end times). I'm curious to see how Liberals will react to Iceland's claim of nearly eliminating down syndrome via selective abortion.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/down-syndrome-iceland/

Sweet jesus I thought you were sensationalizing the story...this is morally problematic.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4142 posts
409 upvotes
always wonder why anti-protesters feel the need to show up at a protest. aren't they just doing exactly what the opposition want them to? wouldn't it make more sense to let the protest be heard by LESS people ?