Off Topic

Locked: FBI and NSA investigating as Terrorism after car plows into crowd in Charlottesville - 1 Dead, 19 Injured

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2017 8:46 pm
Jan 23, 2016
659 posts
113 upvotes
North York, ON
What I find hilarious is every quote from the Donald I've heard on the news for the last two weeks has ended with "president trump told the press from his golf course"
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2472 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
In Canada if a protestor we're waving that swastika flag, he'd be arrested. If there was a media like fox news they'd get shut down. CNN would get warnings for spreading propganda. Hate speech is illegal here, so is fake news and propganda. It's part of OUR constitution.

Now as for the Americans, we can ALL be grateful that we aren't who they are. It's a case study in failure of government.

Also, let's call a spade a spade. This is without a doubt, right wing extremist terrorism. Hopefully Donald has the nuts to label it properly...he always was too happy to blame Obama for not labelling Muslim terrorist attackers as terrorists. I'm just hoping Obama sends out a tweet to challenge Donald to do the same
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
konfusion666 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:57 pm
Waaah! But, but, but, leftists are worse! They ALSO killed 6M Jews in the Holocaust, so don't pick on Nazis! - MaximDude
The point is you can't have free speech and then censor and denounce some groups and then allow others to say whatever they want. Either allow every group to say what they want or don't allow any of them to do so because that's what's fair and just. Like last year when a BLMTO organizer talked about killing men and white people and she was barely denounced, was not forced to step down and was never forced to apologize for her statement among her other previous hateful and racist statements and yet if a white person said the exact same things towards black people there would've been hell to pay for that person. That's the type of hypocrisy that needs to stop and that people like you keep allowing.

Ah, victim-blaming. Good tactic to use if you want to support ACTUAL Nazi's.

Again, your response is sooooooooo predictable. Just another Actual Nazi Supporter(tm) on RFD:OT. Keep up the good work!
And the response from people like you is predictable. Almost always refusing to actually discuss the issue and would rather simply call everyone 'racists and bigots' to shutdown differing opinions and have a discussion on things. Again its people like you who are making things worse with suppression of speech rather than countering it with your own arguments and facts.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
16467 posts
1764 upvotes
Montreal
Cheap ass bastard drove a V6 challenger. Any self respecting redneck would have gone for the r/t with a Hemi. Coulda plowed more people down.

Amateurs.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1450 posts
138 upvotes
Pickering
MaximDude wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:51 pm
I agree but most people and the media seem to only care about the 'white nationalists' and what they do and not the other groups you mentioned who do the same if not worse things without people having the same anger and level of outcry. And its also funny how every protester on one side are all 'anti-racist protesters' and all the protesters on the other side are 'Nazis' when obviously this is not the case.

And also for people who are afraid of 'right wing extremists and Nazis' and their rise, do they ever think that maybe that's the direct result of decisions made by western governments the last few years as well as going too far left on alot of issues and too much suppression of free speech and differing opinions?
What an ignorant post. White Nationalist have been around a long time. Including the KKK who have committed quite a bit of atrocities to minorities including black Americans. One thing I find some what ironic, we seem to ignore history. This is not a media creation, go ask minorities who live in some areas of America. Shake my head at some folks who post crap and now blame the media.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
maddawg wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:31 pm
What an ignorant post. White Nationalist have been around a long time. Including the KKK who have committed quite a bit of atrocities to minorities including black Americans. One thing I find some what ironic, we seem to ignore history. This is not a media creation, go ask minorities who live in some areas of America. Shake my head at some folks who post crap and now blame the media.
Please point to me all the crime and violence that white nationalists and the KKK have committed against non-white people in the last decade in the US vs all the crime and violence that black people have committed against white people and especially against minority groups IN THE PAST YEAR and then comeback and tell me which group is the bigger problem? Everytime people like you make statements like this, I ask for proof and I never get it so lets see you bring up all these 'atrocities' that white nationalists have committed recently?

And also I never said racism, discrimination etc isn't still a problem these days, just that its not nearly a huge a problem as people think it is and its not just white people who can be racist or bigots. And as well I find it funny how when it comes to white people and cops among other groups there's no problem in calling them ALL racists and painting them ALL with the same brush even if that's unfair to do so and yet when it comes to black people and crime to say the same thing would be considered 'racist and wrong'. Do you not see the hypocrisy here?
Apr 12, 2015
578 posts
517 upvotes
Alberta
Not a terrorist attack.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1450 posts
138 upvotes
Pickering
2big2fail wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:59 pm
Not a terrorist attack.
Absolutely right, he is not muslim.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2311 posts
149 upvotes
2big2fail wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:59 pm
Not a terrorist attack.
shots fired

*welp*
Dec 14, 2007
59 posts
2 upvotes
The driver is a 20 years old liberal.
[removed for inappropriate content]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1450 posts
138 upvotes
Pickering
MaximDude wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:54 pm
Please point to me all the crime and violence that white nationalists and the KKK have committed against non-white people in the last decade in the US vs all the crime and violence that black people have committed against white people and especially against minority groups IN THE PAST YEAR and then comeback and tell me which group is the bigger problem? Everytime people like you make statements like this, I ask for proof and I never get it so lets see you bring up all these 'atrocities' that white nationalists have committed recently?

And also I never said racism, discrimination etc isn't still a problem these days, just that its not nearly a huge a problem as people think it is and its not just white people who can be racist or bigots. And as well I find it funny how when it comes to white people and cops among other groups there's no problem in calling them ALL racists and painting them ALL with the same brush even if that's unfair to do so and yet when it comes to black people and crime to say the same thing would be considered 'racist and wrong'. Do you not see the hypocrisy here?

Dylann Roof.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
2472 posts
312 upvotes
Scarborough
MaximDude wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 9:54 pm

This is the problem with [...] racists. Always have a division of us vs them, white vs black, white vs minority and doing so blindly without context. Alot of the black vs white crime isn't because of racial hatred or whatever. The white man is seen as the rich man, and they are the easiest targets. Blacks are the poorest most deprived group in the US, therefore it's reasonable to expect a lot of black criminals targeting rich people for money....rich people who most of the time happen to be white. It's socioeconomic crime. I won't say that's always the case, but 60% of the time it's probably true. The other 20% of the time it's probably for various reasons, ie the victim knew the suspect. 10% of black on white crime is purely for hatred and racist reasons.

On the other hand, the white on black crime has a different motive. I'd say a significant percentage of the time it's racism that's the motivating factor.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Aug 12th, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: don't make it personal
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
maddawg wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:08 pm
Dylann Roof.
And? Please continue with listing all the atrocities that you spoke of in your last post because you did say there were a number of them right?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1450 posts
138 upvotes
Pickering
Neon8000 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:08 pm
The driver is a 20 years old liberal.
Sure, its always a liberal or sjw who commit these crimes. No white nationalist would commit a crime by only killing one individual right.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
1450 posts
138 upvotes
Pickering
MaximDude wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 10:17 pm
And? Please continue with listing all the atrocities that you spoke of in your last post because you did say there were a number of them right?
I answered your main question, go read some actual history books and not fox garbage. Funny how we love walking around with blinders.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)