Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
654 posts
170 upvotes
White Bear, BM

Fear the Walking Dead

AMC announced today that the network is in the initial stages of developing a companion series to its original drama series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in October of 2010. The Walking Dead is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn’t be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman.

“The opportunity to make a show that isn’t tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

In addition to Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels and Low Winter Sun, AMC recently greenlit two new drama series for 2014,Halt & Catch Fire and Turn. The network today began shooting a new pilot, Line Of Sight, directed and executive produced by Jonathan Demme, and has a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures Television for a spinoff series of Vince Gilligan’s landmark Breaking Bad, based on the Saul Goodman lawyer character with the working title Better Call Saul.

Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on October 13. The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series created and written by Robert Kirkman and published by Skybound, Kirkman’s imprint at Image Comics.

The Walking Dead season three out-delivered everything on television including The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, Game of Thrones, Modern Family, and almost doubled The Bible for the broadcast season for adults 18-49.
560 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Nice! I hope it'll be good- the series went downhill a bit last season.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16600 posts
352 upvotes
I hope they do something from the viewpoint of a small community or remenants of a military base or something.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8467 posts
1761 upvotes
Toronto
I boldly predict new show will cannibalize the audience of the first show
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5691 posts
642 upvotes
Ottawa
The fourth season better be the best one yet, because this is the last chance I am giving them. I'm not even excited about the show coming back.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15734 posts
1681 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I only watched season 1.
Prize Won:
(2015-2016) Nothing big/Small...
(2014) Huawei Mini Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
http://my.cutetaffy.com
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10883 posts
1913 upvotes
Toronto
This feels like a total Cash-in.

These companies doing spin-offs...and usually spin-off series are not as successful as the original series.

They said they may be doing a spin-off of the show "Arrow" on TV too...and a spin-off on "Dexter".
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3093 posts
103 upvotes
Mississauga
Well they are doing a spin-off for Breaking Bad based on Saul's character. Can't believe that TV shows are a victim of movies now :/.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13975 posts
3076 upvotes
What spin off comics were there? Maybe they are going to do that. I always disliked the comic for not elaborating on what is happening elsewhere. But that's also the reason I like comics like B.P.R.D., because they DO tell you what is going on elsewhere and it isn't the small ensemble you have to watch/read ad infinitum...
Apr 30, 2014
12 posts
Toronto, ON
Super strokey wrote:
Sep 16th, 2013 1:00 pm
I hope they do something from the viewpoint of a small community or remenants of a military base or something.
Yeah military base or some kind of research team in Antarctica that don;t know the world has gone mad until the try and get supplies or something like that would be cool. Not interested in just regular people trying to survive, that got old with season 2.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13975 posts
3076 upvotes
canadianpepper wrote:
Sep 10th, 2014 11:28 am
Yeah military base or some kind of research team in Antarctica that don;t know the world has gone mad until the try and get supplies or something like that would be cool. Not interested in just regular people trying to survive, that got old with season 2.
They are doing that now though, it's called "The Last Ship". Going to have to do something else...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8467 posts
1761 upvotes
Toronto
Preliminary character descriptions (but it's the Walking Dead so expect many casualties)

http://tvline.com/2014/09/27/the-walkin ... haracters/

SEAN CABRERA | A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.
CODY CABRERA | Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
NANCY TOMPKINS | A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.
NICK TOMPKINS | Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay home, too scared to flee.
ASHLEY TOMPKINS | Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.
ANDREA CHAPMAN | A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea — yep, another Andrea! — has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.