• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2023 1:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
If they're going to expand the TWD universe. They should approach from a different angle. Not just another survive/people die/crazy villain/repeat thing since we have two of those already. You guys think a "find the cure" angle would work? or what else can they do besides same thing different location?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
coilz wrote: If they're going to expand the TWD universe. They should approach from a different angle. Not just another survive/people die/crazy villain/repeat thing since we have two of those already. You guys think a "find the cure" angle would work? or what else can they do besides same thing different location?
Maybe they'll expand on TWD: The Alien based in Barcelona.
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_W ... _The_Alien
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
They seem have conveniently forgotten about the walker gut innards trick..... not sure why they kept Martha alive...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
1278 posts
592 upvotes
Regina, SK
Why did John need to make a raft if vehicle could drive through it...? It doesn't solve the gator problem, but that vehicle was never really in that deep.

Jim's death got me thinking. Stabbing walker heads with sometimes small knives and sometimes relatively minimal penetration is typically enough to kill them. At what point does significant blunt force trauma kill a walker?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
VicRav wrote: Why did John need to make a raft if vehicle could drive through it...? It doesn't solve the gator problem, but that vehicle was never really in that deep.

Jim's death got me thinking. Stabbing walker heads with sometimes small knives and sometimes relatively minimal penetration is typically enough to kill them. At what point does significant blunt force trauma kill a walker?
They're so inconsistent with how much a walker can take or do .. it just changes with what the situation calls for.

The whole gator thing was just stupid. I thought the only reason they're keeping it around was for the gator to eat the crazy lady.

and how about that shot John made to save Morgan on the balcony? head shot with a revolver when hes at least 5+ stories up !
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
yeah, this episode was pretty silly......Morgan knows the "walker's guts" trick (I think) but even then, the rescue with the firetrucker was such a head-scratcher....so many people and it looked like they had it all planned out but all end up trapped on top of the firetruck....

Really? Is that the best you can think of? How about someone create the diversion with the cars and car alarm (and then run off), timed with the walkies....

And given how dangerous the crazy lady was - no one is going to watch her while the rescue takes place?

Lazy.....and the whole gator thing.....is that the "jumping the shark moment" but in this case, "jumping the gator?".............lol....

I'm still watching though....so I guess they are doing something right....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Well, there goes season 4 ! Big change of direction kind of ?

Spoilers discussion................................................................................................................ biggest stupid moment is why didn't they kill martha when they had sooooo many chances to, some people are just wacked out crazy. She tried to kill them multiple times and still morgan try to "Save " her.... the ethanol thing was lazy too... a truck full of ethanol and they just watch it all leak out instead of catching the liquid,.. sure they should've had some ethanol at the truck stop. .. no one noticed any of the water's seals were broken ?

How long can they continue the hope train thing next season ? Some villain will come and screw it up.. some negan-clone.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
Regardless of all the plot holes, it was a much better season than 3, actually looking forward to where this goes in season 5.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
Not a big fan of the last couple of episodes.....this last one seemed kinda pointless trying to "save" crazy lady....

Wasn't there wine and beer in the truck stop? I could have sworn there was....

OK, next season will be about building the fortress of "good"....but I still prefer when the gang is traveling....
Last edited by ji2o0k on Oct 2nd, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
honestly, this whole season has been a flop.

the last episodes were completely rediuclous... the crazy lady makes ZERO sense to the universe at all.
1) Crazy fat, old woman loses her husband during the outbreak.
2) Crazy fat lady lives under a tree for several months...............
3) Crazy fat lady loses her shit and becomes a serial killer..... starts her thirst for blood by killing the truckers trying to help people..... Hmmmm right, these truckers- have been on the road now for several months, fighting bandits, and have gone through their own shit... BUT SOMEHOW this fat, 65 year old, is now a trained ninja assassin, executing truckers left, right, center... OH she also knows how to drive a truck too, like a pro...... WAIT HOLD THE PHONE, the "truckers" that Morgan finds, make a comment in the last episode to the Journal chick "80,000 lbs of metal is not the same as your little toy truck" to which she replies "ill learn"... WAIT she can't drive a truck... but fat ass crazy lady who clearly lived a pretty CUSHHY life as a teacher teaching English, lives under a tree, and goes bat shit crazy, figures it out in a few hours... she can also work radios and NOW she knows how to hold a stick like Morgan can too.. OMG shes a BLACK BELT JIU JITSU NOW??? wahhhhhhhhhttttt...
4) OH yeah... forgot one last thing... crazy teacher lady steals the SWAT truck, and is now a pro-driver... Drives up to the truck and machine guns it!!!! WHATTTTT . I guess she was in that truck for days figuring out all it's bells and whistels... most importantly how to use a machine gun, on a swivel, angles of attack, and most importantly how to drive up alongside another truck at 80km/h and machine gun it down.. Damn man. I guess the zombie apocalypse turns everyone into a pro at life.

What's next.... OH the gators........ Now in terms of the truck crossing the water.... can it float? that makes a bit of sense.
But lets be real here. Aligators are not great white sharks..... Even great white sharks... They don't ATTACK RAFTS/boats.... Ive never heard of such agressive gators that they attack boats.... but apparently out here they do??? lolllllll Gators aren't crocodiles hunting big game.... only Crocodiles hunt like that by a shoreline waiting for zebras and shit to sip water. Aligators are rather docile.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Oh yeah definitely crazy that Martha survived since the beginning of the apocalypse.... its been years now?.. At least 3-4 years .
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I agree. I thought the season started out with promise. Especially the ones focusing on the new cast.

It got really lazy at the end. However the ultimate ending... where they solved their problem with beer and went on a happy mission to help people out... that was priceless :)
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
Finally got around to my PVR last night and both the wife and I only made it through the opening before deciding to turn it off. Last few episodes was going way downhill and this made us say, "ah forget it." That entire opening sequence with camera lady and batshit crazy woman was enough. She had the shotgun ready with batshit holding the walker at her and she just stood there chatting instead of instinctively just blasting the beer guy walker and then turning the gun on batshit.

The writers are trying too hard to make drama to the point of ridiculousness. Better drama would have been blasting the two away but then getting rebound shrapnel in her face due to close proximity of target, then her stumbling around the episode trying to survive. Tired of these "got to have a batshit crazy enemy" stuff.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
This show has turned from something with promise to absolute garbage.
Banned
Jan 3, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
Hi everyone anyone guide me where I can watch Fear The walking Death series online?
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong but they never explained how Daniel got out of that chair in a room on fire
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but they never explained how Daniel got out of that chair in a room on fire
I doubt they will satisfactory explain how he survived being wounded and atop and exploded dam either.

So confused. Ballparkish, how long has it been since the zombie outbreak with this show?
Seeing how much this show seemingly still relies on motor vehicles makes zero sense.

Assuming this show is taking place many years before the current timeline of the other show, it would be cool if they found a way to show how a weird group of extreme survivors started wearing zombie masks and taking on cult like beliefs.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)