None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:17 pm
So first the ranch in mexico, then the hotel, and now the ranch with the indians and otto's people. Someone correct me if I missed one lol

Up next is the dam!
You forgot about the military compound in the first season.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
IIRC they've always maintained there would NEVER be a crossover with the flagship show but after 3 seasons Kirkman thinks the frosh show has carved out its own identity that there WILL be a crossover

Vanity Fair speculates it'll be a flashback

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... d-season-8

The way Kirkman was hyping it at NY Comic Con it'd better not be that inconsequential character Charlie ('memba that crossover?)

Following an old THR link at the VF article checkout the initial character names whilst the show still in the oven, Sean? Nancy?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ils-758378
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
whelp - watched last night's episode and it was ok. Another one bites the dust!

Looks like the dam is going to fall pretty fast - ma, that's a record!!

I find it funny that Alicia decides to venture on her own - what an interesting time to go on a journey of self-discovery - well, I guess she really did love Jake and this is part of the journey...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
Sep 18th, 2017 5:58 pm
He is a manipulative one
Why doesn't the flagship show have any water supply problems?
because they are in the east cost/ Virginia area... lots of lakes, rivers, and more rain fall.

west coast in new mexico area is way dryer.... and requires significant well digging.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1971 posts
239 upvotes
Maybe it's that family that splintered off from the original series that reached where fear crew is
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3601 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
Having the 2 shows crossover in real time makes no sense. The original show is much further along in the timeline. They've had years go by. Have we even seen a winter yet on Fear? I would guess we're talking at most 12-18 months after the start of the virus on Fear, so it'll have to be a flashback of some sort. Perhaps they'll bring back a fan favourite character like the Governor or Merle and show the backstory for a bit.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1285 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
I guess they have to do something to keep people interested in this show because it really really sucks.

Where are they going with this? This family keeps destroying communities they get in contact with, now the druggie is back to his old habits, the daughter decides to go gung ho on her own and the mom is going to the dam. Strand is plotting something and Daniel lost everything.

Now what? Im just watching this since ive started it from the beginning
Jul 22, 2009
640 posts
112 upvotes
Brampton
Fear the walking dead just sucks and should be canceled.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Fabfive wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 12:41 pm
I guess they have to do something to keep people interested in this show because it really really sucks.

Where are they going with this? This family keeps destroying communities they get in contact with, now the druggie is back to his old habits, the daughter decides to go gung ho on her own and the mom is going to the dam. Strand is plotting something and Daniel lost everything.

Now what? Im just watching this since ive started it from the beginning
Strand destroys dam and then they move on to the next target.

These are the four horsemen of the Apocalypse: Strand, Madison, Nick & Daniel

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3601 posts
1374 upvotes
Toronto
I'm really curious what people actually want to see happen on this show?

When The Walking Dead spent a bunch of episodes with all the characters cooped up on Hershel's farm or hunkering down in the prison or Alexandria, everyone was up in arms demanding more action. Now on Fear they have the characters jumping from place to place and major action every few episodes as yet another shelter falls, and people are still complaining.

What should the writers do?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7367 posts
737 upvotes
Victoria
I think the main difference between TWD and FTWD are the characters. There's no one I really like FTWD. Therefore i'm not sure it can be saved. I think people kept watching TWD because they wanted to see Rick, Darryl, Glen etc.. up on screen every week. The characters kept people coming back even when the writing was weak. There's not really anyone to gravitate to like that on FTWD. They're all kind of annoying :)
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2346 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:27 pm
I think the main difference between TWD and FTWD are the characters. There's no one I really like FTWD. Therefore i'm not sure it can be saved. I think people kept watching TWD because they wanted to see Rick, Darryl, Glen etc.. up on screen every week. The characters kept people coming back even when the writing was weak. There's not really anyone to gravitate to like that on FTWD. They're all kind of annoying :)
I lost interest in FTWD after they killed off Travis. The show imo tanked with having Madison making all the decisions. Hoping to save all those unseen episodes and watch it all in rainy day.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1217 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
zod wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:27 pm
I think the issue is that none of the characters are likable. I find the FTWD characters are like all the ones we wanted dead in TWD. I also find that the writing is not as good. The things that the characters do and say are the opposite of reasonable.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2145 upvotes
Toronto
i like the druggie kid and the black guy.oh and the crazy kid.. those characters make the show.

everyone else sucks.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1285 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 7:46 pm
I think the issue is that none of the characters are likable.
I think this sums it up. I cant say there is one character I like (besides Alicia for the eye candy) all the characters are just annoying.

Nick with the drugs and brooding
Alicia who knows whats going on in her head
Madison and her dumb decisions
Strand and his constant plotting to gain what exactly
Daniel no longer has a point since his wife and daughter died
Troy...how is this psychopath still alive?? They have had multiple chances to kill this dude and for some reason Nick and Madison give this guy the pass every single time. Dude has no purpose!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)