• Oct 17th, 2017 1:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1215 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
At this point the only likeable character is Alicia. She would have survived in Rick's group on TWD. She is the only reasonable character who knows how to cope and is resourceful.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
7151 posts
912 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
chimaican wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 7:46 pm
I think the issue is that none of the characters are likable. I find the FTWD characters are like all the ones we wanted dead in TWD. I also find that the writing is not as good. The things that the characters do and say are the opposite of reasonable.
Agree. I could care less if any of the characters are gone. In fact I keep hoping some more of these main characters drop and are replaced. They don't seem very bright at all.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
19181 posts
1407 upvotes
Travis was the interesting one of the group...him and the Mexican enforcer for Strand's lover..

The show killed those 2 off so quickly....and the rest has been downhill...

Daniel is interesting but now he has no family to live for...so will probably become ruthless and die soon too...
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
4781 posts
1241 upvotes
Space
I’m surprised they haven’t killed this show off.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto
the only thing that I hate is that the zombies don't seem to matter anymore.... i guess, they kinda brought them back with the horde... but zombies only come in hordes now?

the other thing i don't get is that the walking dead had FAR more zombies than Fear the Walking dead..

this doesn't make sense to me. California, Mexico, have massive massive populations. Now, I know the story in FTWD, a lot of the west coast cities get bombed to control the outbreak. Still though, they weren't nuked. they were bombed.

so the problem with these shows the lose the whole zombie appeal, and they just become apocalypse shows.

they need to make a SCIENCE OF THE WALKING DEAD, and basically follows around a rag tag team of scientists trying to find a cure.....

I've been watching the last ship and it's pretty interesting take on a plague /apocalyptic world, and it' seems to have the best storyline regarding the world ending.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1970 posts
237 upvotes
daivey wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 9:23 am

they need to make a SCIENCE OF THE WALKING DEAD, and basically follows around a rag tag team of scientists trying to find a cure.....

I've been watching the last ship and it's pretty interesting take on a plague /apocalyptic world, and it' seems to have the best storyline regarding the world ending.
That'll be an interesting direction to take the walking dead series. Instead of going from one tragedy in the making to another there will be an actual goal. Story will be driven by discovering a cure/way to end it instead of just survival / misery driven. Not sure if they will go down that route though since with a cure storyline, there has to be some sort of end game and it seems like they will milk the franchise for ever at this point.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2013
6032 posts
2143 upvotes
Toronto
coilz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2017 12:02 pm
That'll be an interesting direction to take the walking dead series. Instead of going from one tragedy in the making to another there will be an actual goal. Story will be driven by discovering a cure/way to end it instead of just survival / misery driven. Not sure if they will go down that route though since with a cure storyline, there has to be some sort of end game and it seems like they will milk the franchise for ever at this point.
true. but they could still milk the franchise forever. in TWD, zombies don't even matter anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1215 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Be honest now, was I not the only one hoping she'd be taken to Davy Jones' locker? Lol....
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1636 posts
320 upvotes
Montreal
I don't like when they take you for a ride with a specific character...and then in a very fast random scene, they kill that person off. It is not the first time they have done this in FTWD.....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8619 posts
1806 upvotes
Toronto
They didn't explain how Daniel survived the first time around (burning ranch?)
I guess they never will

Proctor John didn't look so tough in 'The Blind Side'

Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1285 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like the Clark family destroyed that dam situation quick time. They just got there and they blew it up already smh.

So cliffhanger? Was I the only one that didnt care what happened or happens to these characters?

My bets are:

Daniel and Nick are still alive - they both seem to mirror each others stores (9 lives - both should have been dead a long time ago)
Strand is somewhere washed up with Alicia

And did the writers finally figure out that Troy has absolutely no point in the story after the ranch collapsed so they just had Madison take him out with the hammer in a random scene?

Is that the end of Proctor John? How would he survive that dam collapse when dude can barely walk? That whole thing with Alicia and the operation seemed really rushed.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1970 posts
237 upvotes
Would've been more interesting if Alicia went along with Proctor John to Houston. Get the " bad guys" view of the walking dead. Cause Madison's save her family angle while destroying everything else have been done too much already. I actually thought they would've kept Troy around for a redemption arch instead of just getting dropped by a hammer, also for a while there I thought there was going to be some sexual tension between Troy and Madison!