• Nov 20th, 2023 1:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
What a stupid episode! NO seriously, that was just a stupid episode.

So what was the point of the entire police station gun fight scene? Here I thought Alicia was loading up on guns and bullets from the armory (oh so lucky the station wasn't cleared out in an Apocalypse) so they could fight their way through the hoard because there was no other way out, then we see the black guy go out the back door and is able to roam around the compound. What was the point then???? Wasting all that ammo to clear them for what? They could have just been on their merry way by making a distraction to get them away from the cruisers rather than waste all that ammo. What a stupid episode!

And what was up with Logan knowing about the vault? Were they (Morgan & cam lady) being followed and tracked? But how? And before that, when they approached the blockade, why didn't they just stop and reverse back where they came from. I mean really, they went to negotiate, and were not taken prisoner? Logan must be the worst baddie ever.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
ji2o0k wrote: ^ hear hear brotha!!
I can guarantee that the writers made sure that Alicia & Strand didn't take those police tactical vests either because you know, those definitely won't come in handy if there is a future gun battle.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote: What a stupid episode! NO seriously, that was just a stupid episode.
Apparently not as bad as the episode that followed:

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/20 ... nwatchable
Some Fear the Walking Dead viewers are calling the Walking Dead spinoff “unwatchable” after Sunday’s 512, “Ner Tamid.”

“I honestly don’t know how this show can’t be cancelled,” reads a tweet from one viewer responding to the Walking Dead’s latest reaction discussion thread on Twitter. “No story, no direction, no character depth. Only lasted a few mins tonight.”
Guess I made the right call to bail this season?
Originally, was behind a few other shows, and planned to catch up later.
Instead, I don't think I will bother.

Such a shame they can't find a way to make this work.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
shikotee wrote: Apparently not as bad as the episode that followed:

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/20 ... nwatchable

Guess I made the right call to bail this season?
Originally, was behind a few other shows, and planned to catch up later.
Instead, I don't think I will bother.

Such a shame they can't find a way to make this work.
Wife says she's calling it quits after last episode, but more so with this episode. It's all recycled stories - a Rabbi who experiences a crisis t with his faith, and whether everything he believed in was a waste. Sounds familiar? YES!!!! It's Father Gabriel, except in this case, instead of him being Christian, he's Jewish!!!! And look, he's tormented by his congregation that has turned. Surprise surprise!!!

And the ladder scene. FFS....

I'm going to just stick with The Terror: Infamy. If they can't find new shows that are good post Terror, bye bye AMC.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Just watched this past week's episode... soooooooooo wtf was Logan's purpose then? They spend this whole past season being this half-assed villian and he didn't even get to explain what his goal was. .. and now we get Cowgirl Negan / Settlers ? What kind of " big thing" can they be doing besides expanding their territory.....but they seem to be doing well with just horses.

and how they refine the gasoline ?.. a little dangerous with open flame like that right?.......
Banned
Sep 5, 2019
5 posts
New York
Seriously. i just wasted my time watching such shitty episode. They should hire a new team or watch the episode once before making it live for the public so that they will realize what they produced
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
FrankJovine wrote: Seriously. i just wasted my time watching such shitty episode. They should hire a new team or watch the episode once before making it live for the public so that they will realize what they produced
No idea how that Gimple is still holding a job. He shits the bed with WD, then moves to this show and continues to shit the bed.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Banned
Sep 5, 2019
5 posts
New York
shikotee wrote: No idea how that Gimple is still holding a job. He shits the bed with WD, then moves to this show and continues to shit the bed.
Agreed! he must stay away now.. good for him and for us too...
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3129 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
If there was anything else on TV I wouldn't bother with this show, why wouldn't they send out some scouts with the limited amount of gas they had? getting really dumb.
The only thing worse than human ignorance is human pride in that ignorance.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Yah this season rapidly went downhill :( I really enjoyed some of the new characters and episodes last season. This season while I liked the positive vibe in the earlier seasons, the episodes kept getting more ridiculous. I have a hard time leaving a show, and AMC seems super intent on milking TWD for all it's worth. Sigh...

Similar to the poster above, it's easier to watch this show because it's a summer show. Not much stuff to watch in the summer. If it were a winter show... I'd probably give up on it.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
I call that a PVR fast-forward episode. At least I caught up on my Facebook/Instagram while the show was playing. :lol:
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
night blade wrote: If there was anything else on TV I wouldn't bother with this show, why wouldn't they send out some scouts with the limited amount of gas they had? getting really dumb.
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking... they don't need the whole convoy taking detour... send a damn Prius or something thats light on gas. Even if its one car and 100miles out of the way... its 200 miles worth of gas round trip. Instead of 5+cars with a semi and the armored truck and at least 500miles worth of gas to get there. It's not like they need their whole group there.. seems like most of them are not useful anyways.

And the new guy Jim dying to " capture the story".... his camera does have a Zoom function right?....

I still dont see why they can't clear out a large group of walkers if they have a strategy of funneling them out one by one or at a manageable number at a time.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
wow....very underwhelming season finale......a lot of it just didn;t make sense to me....

And looks like one major character was catching the drift and potentially is gone..........or will there be a miracle comeback for said character when next season starts?

Used to love TWD and FTWD - now, seems like these shows are dying and plots are just ridiculous.......yikes....
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10166 posts
8293 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: Used to love TWD and FTWD - now, seems like these shows are dying and plots are just ridiculous.......yikes....
So, the shows themselves are walking dead? Face Savouring Delicious Food

I think what bugs me most is how AMC keeps insisting that everything is great, and how this universe could go on 10 more years. Frankly, many are watching out of habit, and not because these shows deserve to be watched.

Very glad I bailed on FTWD, and am on the fence for TWD (despite the show somewhat rebounding).
With how the comic series ended, the entire concept seems rudderless and pointless.
How often can you repeat ad nauseum - meet new community, have conflict with new community?