• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2013 11:47 am
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa

Fedex invoiced me

I got something for 35$ and the shipper fedexed to me. Fedex sent me a invoice for 15$, 5$ hst and 10$ for processing.

Should i Just pay the 5$ HST only
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
15 replies
Dec 20, 2007
603 posts
47 upvotes
The $10 is basically the charge for Fed-Ex to broker the customs portion for you. You can pay the $5 but expect that they will send you another invoice for the balance.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1262 posts
86 upvotes
oshawa
what happens if i dont pay up. they messed up the invoice by putting it as firstname.lastname on it.will it affect my credit rating?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
junkone wrote: I got something for 35$ and the shipper fedexed to me. Fedex sent me a invoice for 15$, 5$ hst and 10$ for processing.

Should i Just pay the 5$ HST only
You'll probably get:
Thank you for your payment of $5.00.

Remaining balance:
Processing: $5
HST: $5

Please pay the remaining balance by xx/xx/xxxx.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
It's not free to import stuff.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2011
3048 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
You have to pay the entire amount. If not, good luck getting other packages. Nothing is free of duties and or taxes if you get them shipped from other countries.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
junkone wrote: what happens if i dont pay up. they messed up the invoice by putting it as firstname.lastname on it.will it affect my credit rating?
They know where you live. They can find you :D :D :D
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
Fed Ex provided a service to you. If you did not want the service you could have done it yourself. Pay them what you own them and don't be a dead beat.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4621 upvotes
GTA
Pay the $15 and put it down to being a lesson learned and move on. It could have been worse.

If you don't pay it, they *might* send it to collections ( or say they will), but coz it's only $15 it's not worth the time for collections to take it on. But in saying that, I had a ticket from the City of Toronto in 1998 for riding my bike on the sidewalk, $12 or something tiny like that, so I paid it by cheque. In 2007 I got a call from a collection agency stating that I owed $80 ( fine, penalty, interest)....I had two words for them. Never called back.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3172 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
RFD has made me realized how cheap and ignorant people can be.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
junkone wrote: what happens if i dont pay up. they messed up the invoice by putting it as firstname.lastname on it.will it affect my credit rating?
If you don't want to go through the process of clearing the item through Customs yourself, pay the bill. You imported an item from another country, Fedex took care of the brokering process and therefore provided you with a service. Just pay the bill. $10 for processing isn't too bad, since it would have been about that much if it was sent through Canada Post/USPS.

If you don't pay the bill, yes...it will have a negative impact on your credit history. Since many employers these days are looking at credit history when considering employability, it could have a greater impact than you imagine. From my perspective, $10 isn't that bad an investment considering how long it would have taken you to handle the brokerage yourself.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18182 posts
14185 upvotes
Toronto
Blackmajik wrote: RFD has made me realized how cheap and ignorant people can be.
+2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)