Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Fedex took away my shipping discounts.

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 1:45 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2017
4 posts

Fedex took away my shipping discounts.

its very strange they pulled my discounts without letting me know.

all my boxes are getting remeasured at the fedex hubs before leaving to the us, and they are doubling some of the heights like for example if its 70 x 22 x 2 they are turning the 2 to a 4 or 5

which makes it cost about 3 times more to ship and I'm totally losing money. and the stuff I ship are 1/8" plastic panels its crazy they are remeasuring the boxes and putting 4 inches in height. which cost me and extra 100$

anyone here work for fedex and can give me advice and how come fedex is robbing me?

I'm going to just start paying at the counter and not use my fedex account to ship. I'm losing more then just my profits

this issue only started happening last month, the past 6 months have been fine.
2 replies
Mar 15, 2017
26 posts
23 upvotes
Talk to your rep. Have a paper trail of old invoices. Check for minimum weights and heights.
Be nice.
Be professional.

If it wasn't a mistake and they don't want to fix the issue ask for the supervisor. Stay classy. If no changes offered, move on.
Nov 22, 2008
269 posts
39 upvotes
pho4life wrote:
May 16th, 2017 6:12 pm
its very strange they pulled my discounts without letting me know.

all my boxes are getting remeasured at the fedex hubs before leaving to the us, and they are doubling some of the heights like for example if its 70 x 22 x 2 they are turning the 2 to a 4 or 5

which makes it cost about 3 times more to ship and I'm totally losing money. and the stuff I ship are 1/8" plastic panels its crazy they are remeasuring the boxes and putting 4 inches in height. which cost me and extra 100$

anyone here work for fedex and can give me advice and how come fedex is robbing me?

I'm going to just start paying at the counter and not use my fedex account to ship. I'm losing more then just my profits

this issue only started happening last month, the past 6 months have been fine.
Perhaps your Fedex contract ended? They give you discounts for one year and if you don't keep your volume you promised, your rates will definitely increase. Keep in mind that although you are measuring your packages in your shop before shipping, Fedex and others have laser scanners that will "remeasure" the package. HOwever that being said, at 70" in length, it may not be conveyable.. do you pay an oversized package fee too? Best case scenario is to take a picture of the box with your tape measure (or a video maybe that can show the shipping label and you measuring only 2"). This way if you want to dispute it, you have proof. If no proof, good luck.

If you lost your discounts, check out some of the other posts/threads here on resellers.. there are a ton that you can use without volume commitments. They can't help you with remeasuring if your box is actually bigger than you're declaring, but you won't have to worry about losing discounts.