• Mar 29th, 2018 11:04 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6959 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON

Feedback on Budds Group?

Anybody have an feedback on them? Considering their overall footprint there’s not much out there in terms of reviews.

Budds started off as a family run dealership. They were successful as a small family-run operation. Making money as a mom & pop operation as opposed to one of the corporate conglomerates that owns dozens of deal ships and installs “professional managemnet@ who only focus on the bottom like.

Well, many years on now their motto of “5the family business that service built” has grown them towards being a conglomerate too. Their businesses now include:

Budds’ BMW Oakville + BMW Hamilton
Budds’ Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, GMC
Budds’ Imported Cars (Jaguar + Land Rover)
Budds’ Mazda
Budds’ Mini Oakville
Budds’ Subaru
Budds’ Collision Centre
Budds’ Wholesale Vehicles

So are they still a caring and attentive family run business, or are they now a faceless conglomerate just looking to make the most money at the least cost?
12 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
^ So shouting out WTF will get you farther along?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
No wonder I see so many Budd's license plates covers where I live.

I didn't know they excelled in customer service.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
True. Burlington/Oakville but don't people usually travel out of their way to negotiate via email blast and pick up a car from a dealership some 50 km away?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I’ve dealt with the service and parts manager at Budds Jag/LR many times. Nothing but good experiences.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
I only dealt with Budd's BMW for recall work, but they've been good. Even cleaned my car inside and out but their interior cleaning product smelled god awful, like Axe body spray or something. Took weeks just to get the rid of the smell.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
1130 posts
424 upvotes
Oakville
Sounds like a plan to gather information for a marketing survey for Budds.

Most whom deal with Budds are Oakville residents or nearby. Oakville people are easy to deal with and are not always insistent on getting the best deal.

I went to to 2 Budds owned dealerships, Mazda and Subaru.

Subaru was a joke, then again most Subaru dealers are not known for being the friendliest.

Mazda was just alright, nothing spectacular. Needless to say I went to another Mazda dealer and saved about $75/mth on a 3 year CX-5 lease.

In summary, just average.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Lobloco wrote: Sounds like a plan to gather information for a marketing survey for Budds.

Most whom deal with Budds are Oakville residents or nearby. Oakville people are easy to deal with and are not always insistent on getting the best deal

Subaru was a joke, then again most Subaru dealers are not known for being the friendliest.

Mazda was just alright, nothing spectacular. Needless to say I went to another Mazda dealer and saved about $75/mth on a 3 year CX-5 lease.

That’s ‘cause we ball down here on the west side
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
I used to go to Budds BMW all the time, their CS relationship manager was great. Not sure why their SAs kept changing...High overturn? Also, as SOON as the CS relationship mgr left, they screwed up my file and I never went back.

In short, nothing special and definitely Not small biz friendly.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote: Anybody have an feedback on them? Considering their overall footprint there’s not much out there in terms of reviews.

Budds started off as a family run dealership. They were successful as a small family-run operation. Making money as a mom & pop operation as opposed to one of the corporate conglomerates that owns dozens of deal ships and installs “professional managemnet@ who only focus on the bottom like.

Well, many years on now their motto of “5the family business that service built” has grown them towards being a conglomerate too.
This is basically how most stealerships started out, many of which are now "corporate conglomerates" as you put it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6959 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Lobloco wrote: Sounds like a plan to gather information for a marketing survey for Budds.

Most whom deal with Budds are Oakville residents or nearby. Oakville people are easy to deal with and are not always insistent on getting the best deal.

Nope, nothing like that. I live in the area and have been considering a replacement for my soon to be bought back TDI. this is strictly personal to assess what opinions and experiences are like with them as 2 or 3 of my potential options are with brands that they represent in one of their many shops.

I also figured since they have a fair sized footprint in the area that it would be beneficial to the forum community to have something that could be searched and added to for future reference.

This is also because the thread on dealerrater.ca didn’t really turn up many hits for them to get a good sense of how they run, and I didn’t find much on Yelp, google reviews, etc, etc either. And overall, it’s hard to assess the relevance of the reviews on those sources as they can be biased, skewed, insfluenced, etc. I’m hoping that the community here will be a better representation for feedback that can be better relied on to make a decision on a purchase or service.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
6959 posts
6077 upvotes
Oakville, ON
ES_Revenge wrote: This is basically how most stealerships started out, many of which are now "corporate conglomerates" as you put it.
Agreed. Now that they’re a pretty big operation, I want to assess if they’re still true to their roots or if they’ve just become a faceless & heartless corporation. I’ve now dealt with 2 or 3 that had been bought out and they are all the same by outward appearances but on a day-to-day basis you can certainly tell the difference when you interact with them (less caring, bottom line sensitive, opportunistic, etc, etc).

I’m hoping that they’re just a larger version of their original selves instead of being a big corporation that’s gone over to the dark side....
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
CanadianLurker wrote: Agreed. Now that they’re a pretty big operation, I want to assess if they’re still true to their roots or if they’ve just become a faceless & heartless corporation. I’ve now dealt with 2 or 3 that had been bought out and they are all the same by outward appearances but on a day-to-day basis you can certainly tell the difference when you interact with them (less caring, bottom line sensitive, opportunistic, etc, etc).

I’m hoping that they’re just a larger version of their original selves instead of being a big corporation that’s gone over to the dark side....
I see. I think the only way you can get to even find a somewhat smaller stealership is if you go outside the GTA entirely, to like Sudbury, North Bay, etc. lol but then most of those places don't even have lux car dealerships :lol: So if you're out to buy a Bimmer you're probably not going to able to find any "small family dealer" to buy one at.

TBH most dealerships are stealerships at the end of the day and while some are better than others, I doubt any of them can really be described as "good". Just gotta find the lesser of evils I suppose. From the sounds of it Budd's sounds okay but may want to search for whatever reviews you can find on Google.